• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Artemi, overall, had a good night, but he has a serious problem with bad turnovers. He has to find a way to minimize those. His first period was really bad with turnovers and one of them was to Crosby which ended up in the back of our net. You can't make mistakes like that in the playoffs. We are lucky the pens only have 1 dangerous line.
I think he just needs to be more aware of who’s on ice when he tries those high risk passes. Imo most people just aren’t going to jump those lanes and create chances, but that first line absolutely can and will

LoveGoons

Mar 3, 2021
i would not get overly confident.. riddle me this… if the pens had a real NHL goalie would we have won this games????

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The Penguins have a culture of dirty sneaky play. Not honest toughness, just cheap shit. Jeff Carter was never really known for that stuff, but lo and behold he’s now running a star goalie away from the play with the game out of reach. It’s not a coincidence.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
i would not get overly confident.. riddle me this… if the pens had a real NHL goalie would we have won this games????
Yes, we would have. Those weren’t soft goals. I was impressed by his play TBH.
but I agree with not getting over confident.

Reactions: bl02

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Zbad's amazing shot in the 2nd period (?) goes in if that's a blocker rather than a glove.

Agree overall tho... I don't think Jarry plays as well and we win game 1 after that 1st period onslaught

Jarry is a head case who is one bad goal from letting everything completely unravel around him.

His performance in the Islander series last year is the worst I've seen from a goalie in a long time.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Been sayin this ALL SERIES (yes just 2 games but still... stop giving away the blue line and backing in constantly)
It's not that simple. The defensemen have no choice when the forwards aren't close enough to support on the backcheck. It's the same idea as dumping in the puck vs carrying it in. If the other team is lined up at the blue line, you've got to dump it.

Playing faster and limiting turnovers helps with both. Quick transitions by the other team break down our defensive structure and force the dmen to back in rather than risk letting the opposition get behind them. Offensively, quick transitions allow us to carry the puck in more often because the opposing dmen can't stand up on the blue line.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
You can debate incidental contact or no malicious intent (I don’t think he lowered his shoulder but I do think he meant to brush up Igor) but to say Igor “lifted his skate” or initiated contact is ludicrous. Full speed he has less than a second to see Carter.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
You can debate incidental contact or no malicious intent (I don’t think he lowered his shoulder but I do think he meant to brush up Igor) but to say Igor “lifted his skate” or initiated contact is ludicrous. Full speed he has less than a second to see Carter.

I don't understand how no one is bringing up that Carter also made zero attempt to avoid Shesty. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
2 for 5 on the powerplay (40%). That'll play.

That's why the game fixers are tilting the table in favor of the Pens. If #'s of powerplays are ~ equal the Rangers win the series easily.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

Attachments

• ReavesHitsMalkin.mp4
    505.1 KB
  • ReavesHitsMalkin_1.gif
    ReavesHitsMalkin_1.gif
    3 MB · Views: 12

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
It's not that simple. The defensemen have no choice when the forwards aren't close enough to support on the backcheck. It's the same idea as dumping in the puck vs carrying it in. If the other team is lined up at the blue line, you've got to dump it.

Playing faster and limiting turnovers helps with both. Quick transitions by the other team break down our defensive structure and force the dmen to back in rather than risk letting the opposition get behind them. Offensively, quick transitions allow us to carry the puck in more often because the opposing dmen can't stand up on the blue line.

Couldn't agree more. Rangers are asking a lot out of their defensemen. Being as young as they are - yes Fox included - it is a minor miracle they are able to pretty much hold up their end of the bargain.

Forwards need to give them proper outlets and not just stand on the half wall while the D is being swarmed.

As an aside... I don't care if Igor is being mocked for flopping. What did being a stand up guy get Hank? He got hit more, to the point where obvious goalie interference was rarely called for him. Let Igor establish his space so to speak. Growing up a Hank fan, I'm sure he his well aware of what happens when you do not.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
“Brian Dumoulin was not in training yesterday (Wednesday), underlined journalist Renaud Lavoie, Thursday, during the JiC program on TVA Sports. It was today (Thursday), but not for the same reasons. On the Rangers' disallowed goal at the end of the third (period), his right knee gave directly against the post. That might give you a good indication of what's happening to him. He finished the match, but he had a lot of difficulty making his pivots.

Although he jumped on the ice on Thursday, the defender really did not seem 100%.

He jumped on the ice today (Thursday), skated a bit and talked to the doctor and in his meeting, he nods his head a few times, Lavoie continued. And we understand that things are not turning in the right direction for him. Afterwards, he started skating again, spoke to another Penguins employee. And when he spoke with the assistant coach, we see that he is not there at all, that it does not work, he does not stop shaking his head. It is quite clear that there is a major problem in his case

Kakko is a strong guy. He carried Dumoulin on his back and Dumoulin banged up his knee on the post.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm a little surprised to see panarin so high on here. He was generally awful last night. A turnover machine. He got his points on assists and the bank-in goal, but his unwillingness to alter his game when needed is completely infuriating. Sometimes you just need to get the damn puck in deep, put your head down and backcheck hard, be engaged defensively instead of just standing in an area, and shoot the damn puck.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
I'm a little surprised to see panarin so high on here. He was generally awful last night. A turnover machine. He got his points on assists and the bank-in goal, but his unwillingness to alter his game when needed is completely infuriating. Sometimes you just need to get the damn puck in deep, put your head down and backcheck hard, be engaged defensively instead of just standing in an area, and shoot the damn puck.

He came dangerously close to having an Ovi controller disconnect moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad