• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Making the playoffs was mission accomplished. Home ice was the cherry on top. Everything from here on out is house money for sure.
Perhaps, but with this DeSmith/Jarry news...I'm not so sure. I'd say the pressure is on this coaching staff to figure out how to at least slow down #87. If they lose this series now it will be an indictment on the coaching staff getting completed out classed by Sullivan & Co.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Braun had a solid game aside from the Crosby goal. Think he helped calm Fox down too, Fox had a really nice game
I knew picking up Braun at the TDL would pay dividends. At the time you wondered why, cause there was no spot for him. But as I said then, how great is it, we have a 7th D-man, who can slot into the top four and chew up big minutes. Having him in reserve to fill in for Lindgren is huge. Therefore not having to break up Miller and Troubs.

And it seems Fox had a better game with Braun by his side. Braun played close to 18 minutes, had one assist, 2 blocks, and 3 hits. Not a bad 1st game on the top pairing. And they can give Lindgren an extra day of rest if need be.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
i would not get overly confident.. riddle me this… if the pens had a real NHL goalie would we have won this games????
I don't think us Rangers fans realize how fortunate we are, that the Pens must rely on their 3rd string netminder. He has flaws in his game we can exploit. That said, he has a pretty good glove hand.

I find it very difficult to believe Shesty will lose the series to a 3rd string replacement.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
That hit Reaves laid on Malkin was beautiful. I need a compilation of all the penguins he's crushed in just 2 games.
And every hit is brutal that will take something out of victim the next day. Reaves is not f***ing around with his hitting game and after the end of game 2, it's clear that he's intimidated the pens. They wanted to start shit and lost their nerve.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I don't think us Rangers fans realize how fortunate we are, that the Pens must rely on their 3rd string netminder. He has flaws in his game we can exploit. That said, he has a pretty good glove hand.

I find it very difficult to believe Shesty will lose the series to a 3rd string replacement.
So far though I don't think Domingue can be faulted for much. He was perfect in game 1 obviously and last night maybe the last goal was weak, but otherwise I thought he was pretty good.

But of course consistency is the biggest difference between good and bad goalies. Any goalie can play great for a game or two, even Georgiev...

Reactions: Wtp99

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Having been in the building for 1 and 2 - I can say Reaves has been f***ing electric. He brings so much energy with his play, it's a legitimate difference maker in the playoffs. Not only does it get the crowd and team going, but he truly has the Penguins scared to go into a corner when he's on the ice. He's created several turnovers just because a dman chose to avoid contact, allowing Reaves or another forechecker to get to the puck. Love to see it.
This is just what I had been saying heading into the playoffs, on whether he should dress or not. He is good in retrieving pucks because opposing D-men just allow him to recover it. This way they avoid getting crushed by him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Damn losing Goodrow really sucks. I guess Hunt-Rooney-Reaves it is for now.

That Reaves hit on Malkin in the 2nd was a thing of beauty btw. And of course he gets up mad and tries to go knee on knee with Hunt. Typical Shrek right there.

I haven't looked at the numbers yet but from the eye test I thought Fox was looking really Foxy tonight, especially with the puck. Miller also looked really good. Trouba seems to really be struggling, I wonder if he's hurt.

Even if Igor embellished that, I do worry about him considering his groin injuries in the past. Contact like that resulting in an awkward fall could be extra dangerous for him.
I never got to see a reply of that hit and the super zoom horny camera crew of course didn’t get it in the live feed. You saw Reeves lining up Malkin but then they followed the puck too fast.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
And every hit is brutal that will take something out of victim the next day. Reaves is not f***ing around with his hitting game and after the end of game 2, it's clear that he's intimidated the pens. They wanted to start shit and lost their nerve.
They all seem to leave the scrums pretty quick. And nobody went after him after that clean hit on Malkin

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
I just wanna beat up Piitsburgh. This is a young team cutting their teeth in the postseason. If they advance then it’s just house money to me.

Making the playoffs was mission accomplished. Home ice was the cherry on top. Everything from here on out is house money for sure.
Facts , no PO hockey for 5 years when they hired GG my expectations were making the POs they did that .IMHO really good season even if we don't win this round ..................................But will win this round though

Having been in the building for 1 and 2 - I can say Reaves has been f***ing electric. He brings so much energy with his play, it's a legitimate difference maker in the playoffs. Not only does it get the crowd and team going, but he truly has the Penguins scared to go into a corner when he's on the ice. He's created several turnovers just because a dman chose to avoid contact, allowing Reaves or another forechecker to get to the puck. Love to see it.
I remember certain fans were pissed when we acquired Reaves , might go take a look at that thread ...........

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
So far though I don't think Domingue can be faulted for much. He was perfect in game 1 obviously and last night maybe the last goal was weak, but otherwise I thought he was pretty good.

But of course consistency is the biggest difference between good and bad goalies. Any goalie can play great for a game or two, even Georgiev...
He's a 30 years old journeymen, so I'm hoping he can't correct his faults on the fly. And one that is big is that he goes down early. Panarin exploited that on the first goal. As soon as Domingue went down, he passed it to Cobb who had an empty side to shoot at. But other than that, he did look pretty good last night as you said.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
He's a 30 years old journeymen, so I'm hoping he can't correct his faults on the fly. And one that is big is that he goes down early. Panarin exploited that on the first goal. As soon as Domingue went down, he passed it to Cobb who had an empty side to shoot at. But other than that, he did look pretty good last night as you said.

Goes down early and has substandard east/west push. That's not to say he didn't play ok last night.

Cheers!

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
It's tough enough going against Reaves for one game in the regular season. Can you imagine being Marino knowing you might need to face Reaves in 7 games straight? "Sure we might win, but will it cost 3 ribs or 6?"

Not only are his hits clean, but they're dramatic. He rides guys into the boards and there's that split second of anticipation before impact.

Reaves has hinted in interviews that he did not enjoy his tenure as a Penguin. Payback is just as enjoyable for the fans.

Reactions: Wtp99

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
F’n Reavo. Go get ‘em my dude.

He's really been a complete nightmare for that team. Really want him to continue zero-ing in on Malkin. And please, please let him destroy Guentzel or Cros.

* I also love the thought of him in a potential round two against one of these way more already physically beaten teams.

Reactions: Cygnus 2112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad