• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Been sayin this ALL SERIES (yes just 2 games but still... stop giving away the blue line and backing in constantly)
Yup we're giving them far too much respect and space. When we played them in the regular season we didn't give them space like this. I know Pittsburgh deserves credit for elevating their game and Crosby is great and Sullivan is a great coach but there are adjustments to be made on our end. We're just making it way way way too easy on them. Ceding way to much of the ice to them and willingly backing off and giving them that time and space.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I don't really understand the over the top praise for Strome after this one. As always he executed decently in the offensive zone but had so many bad, soft plays with the puck. Played some terrible defense.

Example: On the Guentzel goal, he is the C and he is the last guy coasting back into the zone and is barely over the blueline when Guentzel is burying the puck from the slot. I mean that is just not acceptable from me out of a center in the playoffs.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Yup we're giving them far too much respect and space. When we played them in the regular season we didn't give them space like this. I know Pittsburgh deserves credit for elevating their game and Crosby is great and Sullivan is a great coach but there are adjustments to be made on our end. We're just making it way way way too easy on them. Ceding way to much of the ice to them and willingly backing off and giving them that time and space.
Coach felt that rest was more important than Xs & Os before this game, and I agree. I bet he'll focus more on this if they can practice before game 3.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Been sayin this ALL SERIES (yes just 2 games but still... stop giving away the blue line and backing in constantly)

Lots of players guilty of this but Trouba had more than a few shifts where he looked like Dan Girardi out there. Giving up the blueline and chipping pucks off the glass to the other team while he was stationary behind the goal line.

They should be able to stop giving up the blue line, though Crosby made them look silly a few times (goal in G1 comes to mind) when they tried to step up and Guentzel/Rust were too fast cutting behind the D.

Both issues come down to mobility, especially among the D core other than Miller and Fox who gets by in his own way. On the breakout, I am less optimistic...Pens are taking away many of the passing options, and many of the NYR D are unable to get the puck out with their legs. Leading to bad chips off the glass.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
I was literally about to ask how Braun looked last night.

I was at the game, so sometimes its tough to gauge, but it appeared that he played pretty well.

Miles better than anything Nemeth could have ever done and I thought Fox had his best game in a long time.

He sucked on the Crosby goal, but the guy has barely played so willing to cut him some slack. Thought he was really solid throughout the night at breaking up their rushes and was iron along the side boards on clogging up the entries.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Miles better than anything Nemeth could have ever done and I thought Fox had his best game in a long time.

He sucked on the Crosby goal, but the guy has barely played so willing to cut him some slack. Thought he was really solid throughout the night at breaking up their rushes and was iron along the side boards on clogging up the entries.
It'll be interesting.

If Lindgren is back tomorrow, who comes out? I wouldn't be shocked if its Schneider. Not that I think hes been awful, but its on the road and Pitt will get last change. GG/Murphy might want to roll with the vets in that scenario.

I'd prefer to see Braun-Schneider, but we'll see.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
When theyre losing, the Pens get dirtier as time goes on. Such a trash team.
The malkin slewfoot is coming soon.

I don't really understand the over the top praise for Strome after this one. As always he executed decently in the offensive zone but had so many bad, soft plays with the puck. Played some terrible defense.

Example: On the Guentzel goal, he is the C and he is the last guy coasting back into the zone and is barely over the blueline when Guentzel is burying the puck from the slot. I mean that is just not acceptable from me out of a center in the playoffs.
Probably why Copp will get his extension.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I feel the same way, but replace Strome with Panarin.

Okay, he farted out 3 points but he played a pretty key role in both goals against, including the main one for the first (Who was he covering on that play after he gave it up?). He got a lucky bounce for his goal and got an assist for basically existing on the Strome goal.

Great pass on the Copp one though.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I feel the same way, but replace Strome with Panarin.

Okay, he farted out 3 points but he played a pretty key role in both goals against, including the main one for the first (Who was he covering on that play after he gave it up?). He got a lucky bounce for his goal and got an assist for basically existing on the Strome goal.

Great pass on the Copp one though.
For sure. Not a great game. But I think it just shows how lucky we are to have a player that, despite a bad game, can still "fart out" 3 points.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You don’t know what you’re talking. The replay clearly showed Carter lean into him. Again, it’s not even debatable. I swear, there are three or four posters on this board who see the the Rangers commit penalties on every single play. Does it make people feel virtuous or something? Like you’re totally free from bias?
You are so right. Carter easily could have avoided Shesty. His INTENT was to knock him out of series. They don't have their starter, and KNOW they are up against it and Shesty.
Their only chance. Get him out, advance and maybe they get at least DeSmith back.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
tschhhh
b50a69d5f5b809e964c1ea8747bd0ac00e6e3426.gifv
That is beyond luscious. Anyone have her #? My GF wants to make it happen.
Ummm, and so do I. (sssshh)

• Haha
Reactions: tlk

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Needs more yeast in those farts

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
For sure. Not a great game. But I think it just shows how lucky we are to have a player that, despite a bad game, can still "fart out" 3 points.

This is exactly the case. I thought Panarin was shit in periods 1 & 2 and then when he scored his goal they showed the graphic that he had 3 points and I couldn't believe it. The guy is just a f***ing machine and you have to remember for every brain fart he has (2 giveaways on one shift resulting in almost 2 goals + terrible backchecking on Crosby's goal), he often farts out points that significantly outnumber those errors..

Braun with Fox works, for 5-on-5,
opens up possibility of Lindgren w Schneider
and Nemeth watching for a few

Yea, if GG does the right thing this is how it should be. I think Lindgren kinda sucks, but would like to see him in sheltered minutes on the 3rd line. Think he could be a great 3rd pairing d-man and steadying Prescence for Schneider.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Artemi, overall, had a good night, but he has a serious problem with bad turnovers. He has to find a way to minimize those. His first period was really bad with turnovers and one of them was to Crosby which ended up in the back of our net. You can't make mistakes like that in the playoffs. We are lucky the pens only have 1 dangerous line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad