Salary Cap: Pen Salary Cap: Dr StrangeDubas "Sir, you can't let him in here. He'll see everything. He'll see the big board!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
We will basically have targer or karlsson on the ice for the entire 60 min...how can that not be awesome?

Petts - Letang
Graves - Karlsson
POJ - Smith
Ruh

Should be a great transition team.

Not sure about defending lol

whats the update cap look like?

Reactions: Anya6687

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
So EK, Pitlick, Hamaluik, 3rd

for

Petry, Granlund, Rutta, CDS, Legare, 1st, 2nd

That's a massive cap out. That leaves us with $2.7mil in space. Didn't give up Yager, Pickering, Smith, or POJ.

Really hard to complain.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
So EK, Pitlick, Hamaluik, 3rd

for

Petry, Granlund, Rutta, CDS, Legare, 1st, 2nd

That's a massive cap out. That leaves us with $2.7mil in space. Didn't give up Yager, Pickering, Smith, or POJ.

Really hard to complain.

Also cleared room for. I am all for a POJ - Smith bottom pairing

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I don't know that this will actually make the team better. Goaltending and 2nd+3rd pair defending took a hit.
But we wanted a more entertaining product, and we're gonna get it.
Not like they were gonna win a Cup either way.

Edit: Eww we retained 1.5M on Petry :(

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I don't know that this will actually make the team better. Goaltending and 2nd+3rd pair defending took a hit.

Eww we retained 1.5M on Petry :(

How did the 2nd pairing take a hit?
Or goaltending?

This team just got like a whole year younger too lol

Reactions: Dominance

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Also cleared room for. I am all for a POJ - Smith bottom pairing
I imagine the thought process was - at the VERY least, Rudwedel could provide what Rutta was providing at a fraction of the cost. Not a huge fan of that, but when you're upgrading Petry to Karlsson, tough to complain.

I'm willing to run the POJ-Smith pairing.

Only thing will be to see what their plans for Pitlick are. That was an odd addition.

Looks like we retained on Petry as well.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I imagine the thought process was - at the VERY least, Rudwedel could provide what Rutta was providing at a fraction of the cost. Not a huge fan of that, but when you're upgrading Petry to Karlsson, tough to complain.

I'm willing to run the POJ-Smith pairing.

Only thing will be to see what their plans for Pitlick are. That was an odd addition.

Looks like we retained on Petry as well.

Pitlick is a good bottom 6er but can also be buried if they want at 1.1 mil

Reactions: SEALBound

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Edit: Eww we retained 1.5M on Petry :(
We gained 3 mil in net cap space while also getting Ek65, for a 1st and a 2nd, and also sending out pretty much all of our trash

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm not gonna say I'm right that often but it feels pretty good to be vindicated a day after arguing with San Jose fans that they weren't getting a haul. I said they'd get like a first and Poulin or something like that and I wasn't far off lol.

Dubas hit a grand f***in slam with this trade. Undoing some of Ron's shit work with one fell stroke.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I said 2nd pair defending. Petry is significantly better at actual defending than EK.
Rutta is better at defending than Smith or Chad too, and had chemistry with Joseph.

DeSmith has been better than Ned the last 2 years.

Rutta is 33 and injury prone now. He was ok last year.

Petry was not great. And the 2nd pairing offensive jump will keep them out of the dzone more.

DeSmith sucks when it matters for like 4 years straight.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm not gonna say I'm right that often but it feels pretty good to be vindicated a day after arguing with San Jose fans that they weren't getting a haul. I said they'd get like a first and Poulin or something like that and I wasn't far off lol.

Dubas hit a grand f***in slam with this trade. Undoing some of Ron's shit work with one fell stroke.
And bringing in a Norris caliber dman to boot lol.

1st+cap dumps for Karlsson
2nd+cap dumps to get cap compliant

EK for 4 years to bolster the twilight of Sid, Geno, and our #2 dman Letang. It's a boatload of assets out but it's very hard to find fault with this.

The only possible thing that could be better with Carter on LTIR and finding a way to sign Tatr.

Petry wasn't trash though. Just overpaid. Probably coulda played at a 4.5 or 5M level.
Rutta wasn't trash either. DeSmith is a league average backup. Ned could be worse for sure.
This is fair but I think you have to consider that EK is a major upgrade for this team. The boost to the powerplay alone should yield very good results for us. We needed this. And we gave away mediocre pieces.

CDS to Neds is concerning though, I will give you that but we'll just have to see.

Reactions: Pancakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad