Salary Cap: Pen Salary Cap: Dr StrangeDubas "Sir, you can't let him in here. He'll see everything. He'll see the big board!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Let's say Karlsson came at 8 mil. We'd have 1.9M to sign someone and stay compliant even after Jake returns.
Actually make that 2.7M, because if we got a Forward for example, another would get buried in Wilkes in his stead.
There'd be enough for Tatar potentially...
Might have to take some salary back in Petry deal. Dunno tho

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The more I think on this, the more I want Dubas to add whatever needed to Petry to get Dvorak here. He'd be a fantastic 3C for us.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Well Montreal is an interesting destination for Petry but honestly, with Hoffman, Armia, or even Dvorak, we could see Petry out for one of them.

With Jake out, Petry for Hoffman (with maybe a pick from us to get him at 50%) makes a bit of sense.

Hoffman-Sid-Rakell
Smith-Malkin-Rust

then

Jake-Sid-Rakell
Smith-Malkin-Rust
Hoffman-Eller-Accari

Something like that? Not that farfetched given Jake's recent surgery.
As much as the idea of Karlsson in, Granlund out has me elated, Mike Hoffman as our new 1LW would be the worst way to bring me down to earth

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
OMG, this is really happening, isnt it.

34f4be38d1cef563bd96f03e2f721e7e.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sweep up! Get the banner ready! Gurgs, come your hair! Jobey, take your meds! Cole, fire up the BBQ! Emp, get the beer!

Let's do this boys!

Petry for Hoffman, Armia, or Dvorak just makes a ton of sense really...I might be shocked if it's not that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I genuinely laughed like Jake from Adventure Time when Friedman and Seravalli confirmed it, and the third team is Montreal, so Petry's going back to the team he desperately clawed out of.

Also, god I hope Marty St. Louis puts together a Matheson-Petry pairing for a few shits for shits and giggles.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Wasn't it Hoffman who had some weird drama with Karlsson's wife? Or am i confusing him with someone else? Would be strange to swing both those guys. For what its worth, i dont want Hoffman in the slightest. Rather pay Montreal with futures

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Before we all collectively celebrate, let's wait to see who blinked; Grier or Dubas. :laugh:

For all we know this could be like Petry + 1st to Montreal, Granlund + 1st + Yager/Pickering to SJ, Karlsson at nothing retained coming here. :laugh:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Wasn't it Hoffman who had some weird drama with Karlsson's wife? Or am i confusing him with someone else? Would be strange to swing both those guys. For what its worth, i dont want Hoffman in the slightest. Rather pay Montreal with futures
Yeah, I don’t think those two should be reunited after that situation!

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Before we all collectively celebrate, let's wait to see who blinked; Grier or Dubas. :laugh:

For all we know this could be like Petry + 1st to Montreal, Granlund + 1st + Yager/Pickering to SJ, Karlsson at nothing retained coming here. :laugh:
Personally, I’m fine if we depart from basically every valuable futures asset we currently have if we can get a heavily retained Karlsson AND move out Petry and Granlund’s cap in full. There are some nice free agents still out there and the flexibility would be incredible for these last few years.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
The flow of our d-corps is unreal right now between Tanger EK65 and Graves. Time for Sid and Geno to grow out their hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia