Salary Cap: Pen Salary Cap: Dr StrangeDubas "Sir, you can't let him in here. He'll see everything. He'll see the big board!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Man, if Ty Smith could hit his stride on that third pairing this year, we could have three really good puck movers on each pairing. That’d increase depth scoring.
One thing we can all agree on is the entertainment factor took a big step up today.
That's what we should care about most at this stage IMO, if we're being realistic about our chances.

Gonna point out that Rem Pitlick can be hidden entirely in the AHL. You want to go spend 1m on another guy, get under the cap, and tell Pitlick he's playing in the AHL, you can.
I kinda want Pitlick to play. He scores so well relative to usage.
That 18.5% shooting...we could use that kinda luck.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Gonna point out that Rem Pitlick can be hidden entirely in the AHL. You want to go spend 1m on another guy, get under the cap, and tell Pitlick he's playing in the AHL, you can.

I want to play Pitlick but this is a good point. You could sign Suter for $1 million a year, send Pitlick to the AHL as depth (or keep him up until Guentzel gets back) and you go from $80k over the cap to $20k under the cap.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
1M for Pius Suter or a vet C so Carter can sit please and thank you

The only hole I still see is a true scoring 3C

With how Dubas is cooking I wonder if he could turn Pitlick + into someone like Boyd

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Still hope Carter develops Havana Syndrome so he can be LTIRetired and the Pens can snag somebody like Tatar and Suter on the cheap. Not looking likely though.

65 days until the season right? Let's gooo
Somebody mentioned that a few days ago and if Dubas planned it, that'd be hilarious. :laugh:

Reactions: Pancakes

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Pitlick's scoring is super intriguing.

Pitlick's awful playdriving stats are the opposite.

I dunno if you can fix the latter but I'm okay with them acting in a way where they're not expecting it. Going to be a big competition for those last few spots but as long as FSG are willing to pay for it and players are to sign, there can always be more.

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Two tangential thoughts:

Pettersson is a huge beneficiary and going to have a monster, cup-winning Dumoulin type season

They're going to absolutely rack up 3 on 3 wins, hard to believe they could lose in OT in the regular season

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I like that Pitlick adds speed. Should make a good 4th liner.

Seeing Eller and Carter as our 3C/4C after adding EK65 hurts my eyes.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Two tangential thoughts:

Pettersson is a huge beneficiary and going to have a monster, cup-winning Dumoulin type season

They're going to absolutely rack up 3 on 3 wins, hard to believe they could lose in OT in the regular season
Wait until sully puts carter out for the ot opening face off

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hoping for some extra depth signings but otherwise pretty happy with how the team looks. Ned as backup feels a bit risky so signing someone like Stalock would be nice. Nosek/Motte as additional bottom-6 options

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
So, not to get all greedy, and my EKrection has barely subsided, but what other roster flexibility do we have right now.

Does Jake's LTIRing mean that we can now hunt the UFA bargain bin? Ethan Bear for D depth? Throw something at vet guys like Stastny or Tatar? "Prove it" deals for Comtois or Sutuer?

Man, if Ty Smith could hit his stride on that third pairing this year, we could have three really good puck movers on each pairing. That’d increase depth scoring.
And now he can now learn to improve his game from two of the absolute best.

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
So, not to get all greedy, and my EKrection has barely subsided, but what other roster flexibility do we have right now.

Does Jake's LTIRing mean that we can now hunt the UFA bargain bin? Ethan Bear for D depth? Throw something at vet guys like Stastny or Tatar? "Prove it" deals for Comtois or Sutuer?

In theory a few players can be sent to WBS if there's someone available they want (Nieto, Pitlick, Nylander) but the signing would have to be <1M

Reactions: Extra Texture

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Guentzel isn't expected to be out for lots of time. I don't think the team are going to take a direction that puts them in trouble when he's back.

Actually, now I think about it, I wouldn't be be surprised if they don't LTIR him at all. It stops them from being able to accrue cap after all, and they don't necessarily have to do it.

Reactions: Extra Texture
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad