Post-Game Talk: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM II

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If we make it to the second round, I would rather play the Dallas Stars than the Anaheim Ducks. I don't doubt this team's mental game is great and I don't think they will under estimate anybody. I think the Stars are a worse hockey club than the Ducks and therefore I would rather play them.

SpaceCoastShark

Look what the cat dragged in
Apr 8, 2009
Space Coast, FL
If we make it to the second round, I would rather play the Dallas Stars than the Anaheim Ducks. I don't doubt this team's mental game is great and I don't think they will under estimate anybody. I think the Stars are a worse hockey club than the Ducks and therefore I would rather play them.

Don't forget home ice!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yep, I meant lucky that they're playoff contributors so soon -- logging major minutes against a team like LA. Hertl still needs some 2-way game development, but they both 'arrived' at a key moment for DW.

:laugh: Luck and tee-off time reservations at Spyglass. Such a fine line.

It was kinda interesting watching the post-game talk outside the Sharks' locker room between Brodie and Jamie, then Brodie and Kurz. Wilson was breifly there in the background as some of the players (Boyle, Raffi) and staff walked out. All I could think was, "Man, Dougie's tan looks good even in the basement of the Staples Center!" :laugh:

I know that we joke about DW getting spray tans or going to the tanning booth but I think it's even funnier if he just tans really easily and he's got a wicked farmer's tan going on.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Nieto was ranked top-10 before his draft year. And he was good in his draft year, so I really don't know why he fell. Great drafting.

In the beginning of the year I was slightly worried Nieto was all skating and slight skill. However, he's proven me wrong throughout the year and definitely in these playoffs. He's been an animal.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Nieto was ranked top-10 before his draft year. And he was good in his draft year, so I really don't know why he fell. Great drafting.

I think there was some talk about it before. It happened to a lot of the USNTDP kids because they showed a ton of skill at that level but during their freshman year in college, they have to adjust to college hockey and they see a drop in their production and the scouts aren't sure how well they'll really do after that.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Well the Kings board in in full fledged offseason/armchair GM mode. :naughty:

Wow it takes them a while to get into that mode. We get there after one loss in November. I'm sure we have posters here that have already written this series off as a lost cause as we speak.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
It was kinda interesting watching the post-game talk outside the Sharks' locker room between Brodie and Jamie, then Brodie and Kurz. Wilson was breifly there in the background as some of the players (Boyle, Raffi) and staff walked out. All I could think was, "Man, Dougie's tan looks good even in the basement of the Staples Center!" :laugh:

So you missed the owner walking out of the dressing room? DW's tan must be very blinding. :sarcasm:

SanJoseSharks 12:14pm via TweetDeck Most Playoff Wins Since 2010
Antti Niemi: 32
Jonathan Quick: 29
Tuukka Rask: 23
Roberto Luongo: 21
Jimmy Howard: 21
Henrik Lundqvist: 19

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wow it takes them a while to get into that mode. We get there after one loss in November. I'm sure we have posters here that have already written this series off as a lost cause as we speak.

I'm always in off-season mode but I can still enjoy the ride at the same time. Besides, I've done my one round of producing. It's over for me. See you guys in September. haha

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I think the Sharks match up well with either team.

While I tend to agree, both were tough matchups during the regular season. In the Ducks/Sharks season series, the home team won every game. With Dallas, every game was won by 1 goal and none ended in regulation. I think there are a number of reasons to think that neither trend will carry over into the post-season, but both have the potential to be very difficult match-ups.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Had to shave my playoff "beard" (I'm 20 years old so more like patches of hair) because it was getting too itchy/creepy.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I hope we can close this out in the next two games. Time off is not a bad thing in the Western Conference. All of that talk about the LA-SJS series wearing out the other will hopefully be thrown out the window. Refreshed Sharks team against ANA/DAL and I'll be stoked.

However, double knock on wood, no jinx, no takebacks because I am thinking too far ahead.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Had to shave my playoff "beard" (I'm 20 years old so more like patches of hair) because it was getting too itchy/creepy.

That's why I opted for the playoff goatee! Started when we clinched home ice cause hey being half asian/irish takes for ever to grow the damn thing!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Mine's probably worse than yours but I have no reason to shave right now as a sick college senior.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

Mostly due to questions about his size and his ability to translate his skill set to the pros.

It turns out the injuries at the start of the year were a blessing in disguise as Nieto was unlikely to see much NHL time w/o them. Since he did make the team out of camp & watching him through the first 1/2 of the season, what he's doing now (and in the 2nd half) isn't too surprising to me at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad