Post-Game Talk: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM II

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
LeBrun owes us no loyalty, so I don't get what all the emotion is about. Do you guys want him to tell a fib and say San Jose looks weak right now and will probably drop the next 4? Guy is just calling it like he sees it.

EJ Hradek is far worse at admitting his pick was looking wrong.

I'm not talking about his reporting on the series. I'm talking about his depiction of himself as the lone Sharks defender despite all the choking BS. Yes, he had been a major supporter of the Sharks in the mainstream media for several years. And yet this year, he abandoned that position (not even going with the typical cop-out of picking seven games for a close series). He picked the Kings in 6. He didn't believe in this year's Sharks team because he hasn't been paying attention (i noticed this from some other dumb **** he wrote about the sharks in an earlier article before the playoffs started). And now that they look dominating, he's acting like he's been on their side the whole time and always supported them despite others "making fun of him." That such disingenuous ******** and I'm sorry but he's not welcome back on the bandwagon this year in my eyes :dunno:

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Those quotes about the Sharks culture are nice though, and true. I think we all know this and love it about this team and I think it's been pretty evident based on DW's ability to get fair and reasonable contracts signed with guys who could undoubtedly demand more elsewhere.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
This one?

tomas-hertl-puck-bunnies.jpg

Aww, someone's in love with Hertl

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I'm not talking about his reporting on the series. I'm talking about his depiction of himself as the lone Sharks defender despite all the choking BS. Yes, he had been a major supporter of the Sharks in the mainstream media for several years. And yet this year, he abandoned that position (not even going with the typical cop-out of picking seven games for a close series). He picked the Kings in 6. He didn't believe in this year's Sharks team because he hasn't been paying attention (i noticed this from some other dumb **** he wrote about the sharks in an earlier article before the playoffs started). And now that they look dominating, he's acting like he's been on their side the whole time and always supported them despite others "making fun of him." That such disingenuous ******** and I'm sorry but he's not welcome back on the bandwagon this year in my eyes :dunno:

If only he knew how angry he made some people with words not even directed at them.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I just think he's a backtracking bandwagon-jumping phoney. Whatever. He's still a better reporter than half of what's out there... *coughkurzcough* :dunno:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I hate to be that guy, but remember 2011 against Detroit? Up 3-0, lost the next 3. We won game 7, but still, this series isn't anywhere near over yet.

Still, I had a feeling we would do well this series.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I just think he's a backtracking bandwagon-jumping phoney. Whatever. He's still a better reporter than half of what's out there... *coughkurzcough* :dunno:

This is the first year he's jumped off the sharks bandwagon after years of being on it. I'm sure he's just tired of being disappointed by them. He also had no allegiance to the sharks anyways

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
This is the first year he's jumped off the sharks bandwagon after years of being on it. I'm sure he's just tired �� of being disappointed by them. He also had no allegiance to the sharks anyways

I don't mind Lebrun just because he had a notion going into the series, he saw, and now he's changing his tune.

I realize that since we are a west coast team, and the Sharks, that it is rare for people to watch or care about us. Reporters tend to go by the temp of the league on us, and even when we're beasting we are hardly talked about.

Bottom line, I give him a pass just because let's be reality here.... the media don't watch the Sharks that often in the regular season

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
This is the first year he's jumped off the sharks bandwagon after years of being on it. I'm sure he's just tired �� of being disappointed by them. He also had no allegiance to the sharks anyways

I disagree here. It seems that Pierre and Jumbo are fairly close. This goes back to his yrs in Boston or even further back.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
LOL @ being mad @LeBrun

He is obviously a sharks fan that was doing his best anti-jinx prediction for the good of the team, even if it cost him credibility with the public

He became a martyr so our sins would be forgiven and the Sharks prophecy could be fulfilled

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Things must be rough for us to go from arguing who's better between Thornton/Marleau to now being angry about an analysts prediction. :laugh:

If there's anyone to be mad at, it's Barry Melrose.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Are people actually mad at LeBrun for not picking us this year? Seriously? He owes us absolutely nothing. And yes, he can call himself "Mr. Sharks" seeing as he always picks us except one stinking year, and he always covers our series (and covers them well). And he's changing his tune because he's smart and not stubbornly clinging to his original opinion. What's he supposed to say, "I love how the Kings are looking and I still think they can come back"? No, he's stating facts. That's what good reporters do.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Are people actually mad at LeBrun for not picking us this year? Seriously? He owes us absolutely nothing. And yes, he can call himself "Mr. Sharks" seeing as he always picks us except one stinking year, and he always covers our series (and covers them well). And he's changing his tune because he's smart and not stubbornly clinging to his original opinion. What's he supposed to say, "I love how the Kings are looking and I still think they can come back"? No, he's stating facts. That's what good reporters do.

No. How about "Oh man, I was really wrong. I underestimated this team and got sucked in by the ridiculous overrating and media-fueled love fest with that boring as **** team in LA. That was silly of me." :D

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
No. How about "Oh man, I was really wrong. I underestimated this team and got sucked in by the ridiculous overrating and media-fueled love fest with that boring as **** team in LA. That was silly of me." :D

Isn't that basically what he said? :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If he has, I haven't heard it. I would love to. Maybe then I'd consider forgiving him and letting him ride our bandwagon... :naughty:

"Holy Mackeral, how about them Sharks? I get sucked in every year, I'm Mr.Sharks and everyone makes fun of me" sounds a lot like "Man I'm dumb for not sticking to my guns" and "the Kings have no answer for the Sharks and they're the ones that look tired and old right now" sounds a lot like "Maybe the Kings aren't all they were cracked up to be". I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it. But I also don't really give a crap.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Exactly! When Marleau scored. I was like hey that's in! but Fox and Miller said nothing for like 5 seconds. Then I saw the Sharks group hug, then they finally said Oh Marleau scored. They were so deflated! LOL.
:laugh: I noticed that too!

Marleau is top-10 all-time in career NHL playoff game-winning goals but you wouldn't know it from the lack of hype around him.

He's sublime, plays an understated positional rather than flashy game, yet works hard every game and gets into position to make great plays with decent skills.

He has more points, more goals, more TOI among SJ forwards and just has scored the most important Sharks goal of the postseason and ought to be considered San Jose's leading Conn Smythe candidate on this march to the cup. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad