Post-Game Talk: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM II

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Just watched the Kings 2nd goal again- Desi gets a bit of the blame trying to get cute with the puck. He shot weakly, and the dman blocked it out easily back to Desi where Gaborik and D. Brown were as well. He lost the puck to them and the Kings transitioned into a 3 on 2.

He probably should have had more awareness knowing the D needed to be swapped out and simply dumped it into the corner to kill more time.

Not sure why Boyle took the ice on the left side leaving Hannan to take the right side as Gaborik came up through the neutral zone.

Oh well.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
I don't think most Sharks fans really HATED the Kings until the Brown/Hertl incident. Sure they were bitter rivals, but I think before the incident most Sharks fans could appreciate the Kings skill and hard nose play.

There was also the Torres/Stoll incident last playoffs that not surprisingly led to a lot of arguing between Kings and Sharks fans on this board.
yes this

Vlasic looks evil in that pic , someone should use it as an avi, it's great

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
Cool.

Here's your cookie then!

Simple-Shark-Cookies.jpg

Is it gluten free?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Help me out guys because I still don't get it. If we get past the Kings would we then play the winner of Dallas/Anaheim regardless of the seeding?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If by lucky you mean that they're contributing to a playoff team so quickly, maybe with Nieto, not so much with Hertl.

If you mean he got lucky by drafting them, nope.

Yeah Hertl was a great pick and Nieto should have been a 1st rounder. Sharks got a steal and they knew it.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
roles are reversed... now all hte pressure is on the sharks to close out the series

if kings win game 4, we'll be labeled chokers
if kings win game 5, this board will freak out
if kings win game 6, pretty much everyone will pick kings for game 7
if kings win game 7... god help us all

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
roles are reversed... now all hte pressure is on the sharks to close out the series

Can't we just say "scoring effects, regressing to the mean, etc." or "we outplayed them"

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I disagree that all the pressure is on the Sharks. Kings have the pressure of a team that doesn't want to get swept and embarrassed off their home ice. If the Kings win game four, the pressure will increase towards San Jose but not for game four.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Thank you. I guess we just hope that one goes 7 because both of those teams play us pretty tough.

Either one of them the team needs to get revenge on anyway. Both are tough and both have weaknesses the Sharks can exploit. Anaheim is slightly better overall though.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Either one of them the team needs to get revenge on anyway. Both are tough and both have weaknesses the Sharks can exploit. Anaheim is slightly better overall though.

Yeah if we're going strictly on who the better team is on paper I'd want to play Dallas, but the thought of knocking the Ducks out makes me giddy.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area

boo_this_man_half_baked.gif

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
I don't think most Sharks fans really HATED the Kings until the Brown/Hertl incident. Sure they were bitter rivals, but I think before the incident most Sharks fans could appreciate the Kings skill and hard nose play.

There was also the Torres/Stoll incident last playoffs that not surprisingly led to a lot of arguing between Kings and Sharks fans on this board.

I "hate" the Ducks as a team/org far more than the Kings. That said, I "hate" far more individual players on the Kings than on the Ducks (excepting Perry, who is literally the worst).

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
If by lucky you mean that they're contributing to a playoff team so quickly, maybe with Nieto, not so much with Hertl.

If you mean he got lucky by drafting them, nope.

Yep, I meant lucky that they're playoff contributors so soon -- logging major minutes against a team like LA. Hertl still needs some 2-way game development, but they both 'arrived' at a key moment for DW.

Yeah Hertl was a great pick and Nieto should have been a 1st rounder. Sharks got a steal and they knew it.

You guys are breaking the rules of HF. All failures are a result of DW's ineptitude and all successes are pure luck.

:laugh: Luck and tee-off time reservations at Spyglass. Such a fine line.

It was kinda interesting watching the post-game talk outside the Sharks' locker room between Brodie and Jamie, then Brodie and Kurz. Wilson was breifly there in the background as some of the players (Boyle, Raffi) and staff walked out. All I could think was, "Man, Dougie's tan looks good even in the basement of the Staples Center!" :laugh:

AKM83

Chomp. Chomp.
May 11, 2009
we'll probably underestimate the stars, so i would rather play the ducks because we know what we're getting with them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad