Post-Game Talk: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM II

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Couture on postgame radio interview:

- it's exciting, enjoyed it for a minute or so then the attitude in the room became they gotta finish 'em on Thursday
- Patty comes up big at all times, has always been there throughout Couture's 5 years to score the big goals
- big time goals by Hertl and Nieto, they don't play like rookies, both have stepped up throughout the season, great to have Tomas back because he brings excitement that's been missing at times during the season and puts a smile on everyone's faces
- just treated it like any other intermission, Larry [Robinson] came in and said that someone's going to be a hero tonight, and when someone like Larry Robinson says that, you believe it

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Couture on postgame radio interview:

- it's exciting, enjoyed it for a minute or so then the attitude in the room became they gotta finish 'em on Thursday
- Patty comes up big at all times, has always been there throughout Couture's 5 years to score the big goals
- big time goals by Hertl and Nieto, they don't play like rookies, both have stepped up throughout the season, great to have Tomas back because he brings excitement that's been missing at times during the season and puts a smile on everyone's faces
- just treated it like any other intermission, Larry [Robinson] came in and said that someone's going to be a hero tonight, and when someone like Larry Robinson says that, you believe it

I love Larry Robinson. So much.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Just came back from my local sports bar. My local Outback's went crazy when Marleau scored.

And God I hate Quick. Such a f'ing whiner. What do you want the ref to do on Marleau's goal?

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
5y8D5.gif

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Braun looked to take a punch in the nether region. Should be fine after a little while. I still cannot get over that b s Quick was pulling on Couture. From the two jabs at Coutures' jewels and then the mobbing of of his leg for about 20 sec.. who does that?!

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have a final exam at 8:05 and I gotta be up at 5:30, I am so glad that I stayed up to watch OT. Thought the Kings had us beat though in OT they totally outplayed us in the extra frame but the whole game we were getting more shots, most of their chances were just better quality than ours but we had some really good quality chances. This may look like we can pull off the sweep but not if the Kings play the way they did tonight. Boy that was a close shave!

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Jonathan Quick is such a butthurt whiny little *****. That's what he gets for holding Couture down and not getting a penalty...

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
I have a final exam at 8:05 and I gotta be up at 5:30, I am so glad that I stayed up to watch OT. Thought the Kings had us beat though in OT they totally outplayed us in the extra frame but the whole game we were getting more shots, most of their chances were just better quality than ours but we had some really good quality chances. This may look like we can pull off the sweep but not if the Kings play the way they did tonight. Boy that was a close shave!

Jesus people already have finals. Mine aren't until the middle of May.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I still can't believe they pulled that out, a gutsy effort from the squad tonight considering they were getting owned in that OT.

That's just it, it's so fulfilling/rewarding/whatever you want to call it to see our Sharks win a huge road playoff game in LA with their backs against the wall.

The game to me had the feeling for much of it like the Game 3 vs. Edmonton in 06, when the Sharks had a chance to take over the series but let the Oilers right back in (in OT too).

But these guys are stupid clutch. Hertl, Nieto, Marleau, NEMO (holy hell he made some great saves), etc, etc.

Don't know how far this team will go, but if they go deep and combined with other teams that have made deep runs in the past few years, how soon until every playoff contender tries to find studs on ELC's? That always seems to be a key these days.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Did not see this coming... Also Quick put on one of the most pathetic display of diving I've ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad