Post-Game Talk: PDSF: Sharks VS Kings. Game 3. 7:00PM II

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
I don't think L.A. fans dislike the Sharks as much as the Sharks hate the Kings.. Damn, these are professionals playing a sport they love for your entertainment, stop hating so bad. * Sharks fan

glad.jpg

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Living here in SO CAL let me tell you, Ducks 1st Kings 2nd on the hate factor. Also throw in for every live game attended down here that I have been to, it's always been, "We have Cup!" every other sentence out these fans mouths.

It gets so old that at this point I just go yeah i know congrats and good for you now stop using that for every argument you think you will win!

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
I don't think L.A. fans dislike the Sharks as much as the Sharks hate the Kings.. Damn, these are professionals playing a sport they love for your entertainment, stop hating so bad. * Sharks fan

Even the Kings' TV guys hate the Sharks. Jim Fox distorts the color call between these two teams, and Kings fans parrot it like zombies.

In contrast, I think Randy and Drew are part of a secret mission to charm the Kings away from Fox Sports West. Something to do with the Comcast/NBC acquisition of Time Warner cable.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Even the Kings' TV guys hate the Sharks. Jim Fox distorts the color call between these two teams, and Kings fans parrot it like zombies.

In contrast, I think Randy and Drew are part of a secret mission to charm the Kings away from Fox Sports West. Something to do with the Comcast/NBC acquisition of Time Warner cable.

Exactly! When Marleau scored. I was like hey that's in! but Fox and Miller said nothing for like 5 seconds. Then I saw the Sharks group hug, then they finally said Oh Marleau scored. They were so deflated! LOL.

One PO moment I had, was when Quick was holding Cooter's leg and and Fox said Oh he's holding his leg. (it was like no big whoop, that's ok and perfectly legal in hockey. Hell he even chuckled when that happened!) :shakehead

End this thing in 4 Sharks!

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Should be interesting tomorrow. I wonder if Game 3 was indicative of the Kings putting everything they had out there. And if so, I like our chances closing it out tomorrow night.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
:laugh: A far cry from the Wilson & Wilson days. DW got kinda lucky with Hertl and Nieto, but finally cut bait at the 2013 trade deadline and didn't throw away future assets at the 2014 trade deadline.

Helps to have 4 coaches behind the bench too.

I still wouldn't have minded him dropping a 2014 1st for a good 2-way top-4 defenseman

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
Should be interesting tomorrow. I wonder if Game 3 was indicative of the Kings putting everything they had out there. And if so, I like our chances closing it out tomorrow night.

It'll probably be like game 4 against Vancouver last year...they gave their all in game 3 and then had not much left in game 4.

Although, perhaps I'm underestimating their resolve. They are coached by Sutter who wont let any of his teams go quietly. Perhaps they win game 4 just to save face in front of their fans...

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Considering that was the Kings best game and couldn't put the Sharks away and couldn't hold a lead and the Sharks capitalized. I like their chances tomorrow to hammer those coffin nails.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
watched the game late last night on the DVR:

I thought Braun got charged by Carter at the end of the 1st. (is it three steps or four for a charge?)

14:12 left in the second, Patty's shoulder meets Kopitar's face. They didn't even replay it, but total head contact. I felt like Kopitar turned into it, maybe that's why it didn't warrant a replay. Fun thing was, Kopitar had just put his helmet back on after Jumbo ripped it off. Then Patty knocked it off again a minute or so later on the same shift... '97 draft class says hello!

do 4th lines generally play better on home ice? Due to the match ups being in their favor or what?

Justin Williams excutes a wonderful single axel drawing a penalty because he jumped out of the way of a hit... shortly after shep got a stick in the face, no call on that though...

3rd Period:

Kopitar boards Cooter, no call.

Kings put in goal number 3 and the crowd starts chanting "Niemi"... WFT? took 'em three periods to get three goals, don't they know Niemi is a 3 goal goalie? Pretty pathetic.

I found it comical they show Stoll high-sticking Shep as a highlight reel for what a great game Stoll played... HAHAHAHAHAH

Pretty sure body slamming your opponent onto the ice is not allowed in NHL, please alert Robin Reghr.

And who can forget Quick trying to hump Couture's leg towards the end of regulation?

Very entertaining game to watch!!!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
:laugh: A far cry from the Wilson & Wilson days. DW got kinda lucky with Hertl and Nieto, but finally cut bait at the 2013 trade deadline and didn't throw away future assets at the 2014 trade deadline.

Helps to have 4 coaches behind the bench too.

If by lucky you mean that they're contributing to a playoff team so quickly, maybe with Nieto, not so much with Hertl.

If you mean he got lucky by drafting them, nope.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Considering that was the Kings best game and couldn't put the Sharks away and couldn't hold a lead and the Sharks capitalized. I like their chances tomorrow to hammer those coffin nails.

I think they've learned their lesson after the Wings. Last year vs. the Canucks it showed they had.

I've been wondering if the Kings played their best last night. Certainly they had to to avoid the hole they're in now. I just don't see how the Kings can match 4 lines and fast paced hockey for the entire game. What was really impressive is the Sharks getting 40 shots after having only 16 after 2 periods.

It was like the Sharks deciding to turn it on and the Kings had no way to stop it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad