Player Discussion Pavel Buchnevich: Part VI

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Am big on Buch this season as it seems he's showed improvement each of the last few years (although I was hoping for a bigger break out last year).

Just wonder how this plays out if he's on a short leash and the wealth of forwards battling for ice time.

I don't think he will be. I think that unless Kakko truly shows this season that he's the guy from the play-in, not the regular season, Buchnevich is the team's best RW by a significant margin. Regardless of whether Quinn forces Kreider out of position and onto his off-wing.

Reactions: Betelgeuse

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
If Buch carries his solid camp play and start throughout this season his value will increase exponentially for the Rangers.

This is a very good thing whether he is signed or dealt.

RFA, Arb eligible. His game has gotten tougher and he has developed much more maturity and professionalism, and he's only 26 in April. His game has really grown on me and its what this team needs more of to compete in the playoffs.

What to do, what to do...

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
If Buch carries his solid camp play and start throughout this season his value will increase exponentially for the Rangers.

This is a very good thing whether he is signed or dealt.

RFA, Arb eligible. His game has gotten tougher and he has developed much more maturity and professionalism, and he's only 26 in April. His game has really grown on me and its what this team needs more of to compete in the playoffs.

What to do, what to do...
It really is becoming a conundrum.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
enjoyed reading this

One thing I wonder, is it possible that to get those stats, maybe you had to play a different way back then. Different rules, play styles, etc.

So like you can have all those stats line up with Savard but bc you are in a very different league now you don't actually have the kinds of production/career Savard did while getting those advanced stats.

I've always liked Buch and thought the trading him talk was really silly btw. Plus he's a ranger so obv I'd love to see him make that jump. Just something that popped into my head

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
One thing I wonder, is it possible that to get those stats, maybe you had to play a different way back then. Different rules, play styles, etc.

So like you can have all those stats line up with Savard but bc you are in a very different league now you don't actually have the kinds of production/career Savard did while getting those advanced stats.

I've always liked Buch and thought the trading him talk was really silly btw. Plus he's a ranger so obv I'd love to see him make that jump. Just something that popped into my head
I’m assuming it accounts for eras when looking at production. I don’t think it has anything to do with style.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
U no we haf to keep Buchy. Is not even question.

Weak attempt at Russian accent aside, I think there couldn't be more heartbreak, than dealing Buchnevich. Like setting us back years.

I'm a strong believer in team chemistry, that it can make or break a team and KZB is it. It is what is left from the old core, it's the identity of the team atm.

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Can't help but start to wonder if Buch is one of those super late bloomers and has his coming out party this season and drops 70-80 like its easy. That would certainly make already tough decisions even tougher.

Kakko may be on the same trajectory. He will be Buch's age in 6 years. Which would help the Rangers cap outlook if he was.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Can't help but start to wonder if Buch is one of those super late bloomers and has his coming out party this season and drops 70-80 like its easy. That would certainly make already tough decisions even tougher.

Buchnevich's development has been very on line in general - this is his 5th season - and his prime level started last year minus no puck luck December 2019.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
So far hes been decisive and shooting the puck. I like it. Also rounding out his game with more physical and defensive play.

If he ends up as part of a trade or signs long term, it will be a win win if he keeps it up.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don’t show this to Buch’s agent. :sarcasm:

upload_2021-1-30_0-19-16.png

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Pavel Buchnevich

Translate: American

Paul Buckner

Are you saying he's gonna have a damn good career only to have it ruined and be remembered for the one instance in gm 6 of the SC final, tied 2-2, less than a minute left, where, back on D, he lets a slow moving puck through his legs and it somehow end up in the back of the net!?!?

Don't wish that evil on us Ricky Bobby.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Are you saying he's gonna have a damn good career only to have it ruined and be remembered for the one instance in gm 6 of the SC final, tied 2-2, less than a minute left, where, back on D, he lets a slow moving puck through his legs and it somehow end up in the back of the net!?!?

Don't wish that evil on us Ricky Bobby.

Wrong Buckner.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
Surprised no one has posted in this thread in over a month. Been very pleased with his play this year. Question is he a part of the future/core of this team. We already are very winger heavy with panarin/Kreider/kakko/laf/kravtsov. Do they try to lock him up long term, sign him to another 2 year deal or look to trade him? It’s going to be a tough decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad