Confirmed with Link: Paul Stastny one year 3.75

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
So now Winnipeg is a good fit for Paul and his family. It wasn't 3 years ago but now it is. Now it's a good fit because no other team is willing to pay Paul more than 1 million a year except our idiot GM who is willing to pay almost 4 times that. What a waste of $2.75 million of cap space.
think you owe the man an apology not only did he waive twice and sign here, he also convinced a top4 defensemen to waive!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
When someone as respected as Stastny signs with Winnipeg three times, it helps the image problem. There's some added value for the club in that.
this is the first time. unless youre counting the trades for some reason.

Reactions: hn777

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
this is the first time. unless youre counting the trades for some reason.

Think he means "choosing" to go to wpg. Twice via waiving to come here and once signing. Agreed not quite the same thing but I don't disagree with his overall point. Probably a bit naïve to think it would cause others to give us a harder look when asked to waive, but it cant hurt either IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
It makes it that much harder for Toronto media types to use Winnipeg as their stock example of a place no one would voluntarily go to. Every little bit helps.

Reactions: Jetsfan79

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Put artificial grass in my back yard this past summer, best decision ever! Water bill is low, grass green, and the dogs can piss all over it without killing an inch.
I've never seen the lawn so bad...I've given up...it's sad. Not paying a fortune in water to maybe get it to respectable. It's just awful. After years of fighting voles, I just don't have the energy anymore. Artificial grass seems like the best solution.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So now Winnipeg is a good fit for Paul and his family. It wasn't 3 years ago but now it is. Now it's a good fit because no other team is willing to pay Paul more than 1 million a year except our idiot GM who is willing to pay almost 4 times that. What a waste of $2.75 million of cap space.
Idiot GM ? Look no further than Edmonton for that, 10 million a year for 8 years for Nurse??? 3.75 for 1 year for Stastny is not bad at all.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Definitely happy with this signing. He's versatile and can step into a top 6 centre position if Schiefele or PLD get hurt. This has dinged us the past two years so it is nice to have depth here. Great leadership, can be used on the PP, still has skill and the term is right to maintain roster flexibility in the future.

Agree with all of this.

I do think we overpaid, but it is what it is there.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Playing coach. Intangibles huge!

Nice to have him back, smart with the puck and perhaps he can help mentor Perfetti.

Great contract IMHO.

I wonder if he could help mentor Maurice? :sarcasm: :laugh:

On a slightly more serious note - he seems like a natural coach. Could he step in as a HC, or are the days of players doing that gone? Coaching is more refined these days. Maybe even the natural coach needs a couple of years as an assistant to learn coaching. Or not.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
ppl really think 3.75 is high? he was roughly 0.5 ppg last year, with solid underlying numbers. think that's a reasonable amount. and he didn't hit UFA too, likely would get in the 4s if he hit UFA

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Given what other similarly aged and productive players have signed for it is a pretty big overpay given the market.
Which players are 0.5 ppg for under 4m, while playing c very effectively in both offense and defense.

Bonino is one example.
Then you have granlund at 5, and wennberg at 4.5. Easily rather have Stastny

Last edited:
Reactions: Flair Hay

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think Chevy got Stastny as insurance in case Copp is not here this season and I think he is better than Copper in the top six.

Reactions: Flair Hay

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Which players are 0.5 ppg for under 4m, while playing c very effectively in both offense and defense.

Bonino is one example.
Then you have granlund at 5, and wennberg at 4.5. Easily rather have Stastny

Jason Spezza at under $1 million. He did that from the fourth line as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad