Confirmed with Link: Paul Postma to Bruins. 1 yr $725k

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I can't help it. :laugh:

Hopeless romantic.

:naughty::popcorn:

Jets fan here: Postma's a very good and mobile 3rd pairing defenseman - Jets had no room on the right side for him though, so I'm a bit confused about why Boston would grab him given your RH depth. Who would he displace in your line-up?

In any event: he's a very useful piece, and I wish him the best with you guys.

Nice to hear, don't know what the B's have in mind yet but we'll see...

A very good signing for you...he was always under-utilized in winnipeg as the coach didn't seem to like him. Has decent offensive potential.

To you and YWGinYYZ, Thanks! You Winnipeg fans know your hockey and are decent evaluators IMHO:yo:

bruinsfan1972

Jul 17, 2010
I don't think we have to move anyone out. Depth isn't a bad thing. Neither is competition. If McQuaid becomes our 7th D because postma beat him for it, then that's totally fine with me. I'm sure Sweeney never wants to see Tommy Cross play another playoff game so he's doing what he should be doing to ensure that.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
This screams "I don't want a top prospect eating popcorn in Boston as our #7."

Well done, DS. I fair price.

...But it is true McQuaid is gone...it's time...they need to move on...

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Regardless of what happens trade wise, this seems really solid. Getting a ton of love on the main board if that means anything.

Apparently what they say on the main boards only matters if it's positive for the Bruins. Anything else and they don't know what they're talking about. :laugh:

Good depth signing. I'm hoping it means something else is happening because we have enough bottom pairing defensemen but I won't get my hopes up.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
From the Prohockey site. Seems to be in line with Mark Divver's thought.

"Boston Bruins Sign Paul Postma
JULY 1, 2017 AT 12:04 PM CDT | BY ZACH LEACH 5 COMMENTS

The Boston Bruins have finally entered the free agent frenzy, inking right-handed defenseman Paul Postma to a one-year deal. TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that it is a one-way contract worth $725K for the 28-year-old two-way defenseman. The long-time Winnipeg Jet is coming off a career-high in games played (65) and points (14), but nonetheless will have to fight for a roster spot and could very well wind up with the AHL’s Providence Bruins."

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's too good to play in the AHL and he didn't sign with you guys to play there. Massively under used in Winnipeg. He's a jack of all trades master of none type. Has a bit of an offensive flash. Very good timing with moving into the offensive zone with the puck while cycling. I hope you guys are able to give him a larger role, he deserves it.

This will be one of the best value signings in free agency.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He's too good to play in the AHL and he didn't sign with you guys to play there. Massively under used in Winnipeg. He's a jack of all trades master of none type. Has a bit of an offensive flash. Very good timing with moving into the offensive zone with the puck while cycling. I hope you guys are able to give him a larger role, he deserves it.

This will be one of the best value signings in free agency.

We can always count on Mcquaide or Miller to miss games ,he will get some ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad