Confirmed with Link: Paul Postma to Bruins. 1 yr $725k

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
All your ****** right shot defensemen belong to us!

Right shot...Left shot...he's worse than JML.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
28yrs 6'3", 195lbs

Assets:
Has a very projectable 6-3 frame. Boasts a good shot from the point and hockey sense in all three zones. Produces good numbers and can be used as a power-play quarterback at lower levels.
Flaws:
Is not a great defender and struggles with consistency at the National Hockey League level. Lacks ideal bulk for his 6-3 frame. Could stand to become a little more aggressive and mean.
Career Potential:
Depth defenseman.

http://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/player/6262

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Jets fan here: Postma's a very good and mobile 3rd pairing defenseman - Jets had no room on the right side for him though, so I'm a bit confused about why Boston would grab him given your RH depth. Who would he displace in your line-up?

In any event: he's a very useful piece, and I wish him the best with you guys.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
My first thought was "who?". But the couple of posts in the main board thread were complimentary, so I' guess I'll just have to do some research.

He's been suffering on the Jets because in my opinion the coaching staff doesn't really know how to evaluate players properly and so he's behind some obviously worse players in the depth chart and as such his overall value and general perception appears to be low.

But in my opinion this is an absolute steal and he's an above average third pairing guy.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
postma seems more like a McQuid replacement, or at most a #7 defenseman type.

Now I guesss it could still be they deal Carlo, and play McQuaid and Miller, with Postma as the #7

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I know little about him but Winnipeg fans seem to be high on him, a lot of them saying he's good on the main board.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
A very good signing for you...he was always under-utilized in winnipeg as the coach didn't seem to like him. Has decent offensive potential.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I'm thinking this means either McQuaid goes to create cap space (for a minor trade?) or Carlo goes in a trade for a bigger UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->