Player Discussion Paul Byron

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yes but until they do you have to build your team and play accordingly.
No you don't.

Fighting's already pretty much out of the game. If the other team tries to fight and you don't accept there's the instigator. Just tell your guys not to fight. How many fights are there these days anyway? It's becoming more and more of a rare occurrence as it is.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Who did he lay out, because I’m struggling to remember them as described.

If he can dial it up on command as you claim, we should see more of them.
I thought you meant league wide not Weber specifically. Not to mention he was out 1/2 the season and can’t afford to hurt his hand or possible suspension while captaining a team fighting for a wildcard spot.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No you don't.

Fighting's already pretty much out of the game. If the other team tries to fight and you don't accept there's the instigator. Just tell your guys not to fight. How many fights are there these days anyway? It's becoming more and more of a rare occurrence as it is.
So great. No problem. What are you complaining about.

Oh Yea. Another Hab got carried off the ice while the team and fans looked for a powerplay.

Its time to whine and complain. Call a board meeting.

Ill take a Tom Wilson over every single forward on thr Canadiens after Domi and Gallagher.

If that was so you and I would not even be having this conversation.

When was the last time you seen the highlights of a guy on Vegas, Boston or Washing getting punched out like Byron did last night.

Until fighting is gone sometimes you are going to have to pay for putting a guy out of action with a concussion for cheap hit from behind. And sometimes it will be the guy you have to answer to. Not 3 games off.

That Panther last night is free to choose retaliation is nay form he wants. Just as Byrons teammates can choose to skate on like nothing happened. Let the league deal with it.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I hope Weegar feels proud today. He beat up a 5'8 165lb guy.

Now that's tough!

Actually he looked like he felt bad, most of these guys don't want to hurt the other guy like that. That's why I hate Chara to this day, that hit was full of malice , he should have never played again, he's a piece of shit.

Reactions: montreal

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I thought you meant league wide not Weber specifically. Not to mention he was out 1/2 the season and can’t afford to hurt his hand or possible suspension while captaining a team fighting for a wildcard spot.

You are describing a “full force clean hit”. Why would he fear suspension for that? He’s afraid of hurting his hand, so he doesn’t dish out clean hits?

If he can hold one in reserve for a Weegar specifically, why doesn’t he hand them out nightly?

I’m aware Weber was out half the season. That’s not ample time to lay out the hit you are describing?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
So great. No problem. What are you complaining about.
I'm complaining about an antiquated rule that allows people to fight in a hockey game without being removed. And I articulated why.

If you'd like to actually respond with an intelligent argument, I'm all ears.
Its time to whine and complain. Call a board meeting.
This is a message board. It's a place for people to provide their opinion. If you don't want to read those opinions then don't come here.

People are free to complain if they wish. Hell that's what half the posts in these forums are about.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm complaining about an antiquated rule that allows people to fight in a hockey game without being removed. And I articulated why.

This is a message board. It's a place for people to provide their opinion. If you don't want to read those opinions then don't come here.

People are free to complain if they wish. Hell that's what half the posts in these forums are about.
i was referring to the players/ coaches calling for the league to deal with it. As I said in call a board meeting.

Sorry if that was not clear.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Actually he looked like he felt bad, most of these guys don't want to hurt the other guy like that. That's why I hate Chara to this day, that hit was full of malice , he should have never played again, he's a piece of ****.

Maybe the POS felt a pang of guilt for beating up a lightweight.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
No you don't.

"Just tell your guys not to fight"

Well that might make you happy. But since they are the ones in the game. Its their call.

Robot hockey is not hear yet.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
"Just tell your guys not to fight"

Well that might make you happy. But since they are the ones in the game. Its their call.

Robot hockey is not hear yet.
We're shifting conversations a little here.

My main point is that the league should take the decision out of the player's hands. I doubt Byron wanted to fight last night but he felt obligated by the code. If the league put in a fighting ban that fight likely doesn't happen. It's past due for the league to put an end to the fighting crap.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Maybe the POS felt a pang of guilt for beating up a lightweight.
Like Byron did and said for hitting him from behind, in the head.

The guy was pissed and had a long memory. It still happens.

Bet you Byron never throws a hit like that again.

"you go to penalty box, you feel shame" :laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We're shifting conversations a little here.

My main point is that the league should take the decision out of the player's hands. I doubt Byron wanted to fight last night but he felt obligated by the code. If the league put in a fighting ban that fight likely doesn't happen. It's past due for the league to put an end to the fighting crap.
I cant argue with that, and its around the corner.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I hope Weegar feels proud today. He beat up a 5'8 165lb guy.

Now that's tough!

Wonder is Weegers fans said that about Byron when he ran his head into the glass from behind.

Atleast Weeger came at Bryron from the front. Then asked. Gave him the chance to opt out too.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019

This is a message board. It's a place for people to provide their opinion. If you don't want to read those opinions then don't come here

If someone else had written ( bolded part ) this besides a moderator. This would have gotten them a warning or infraction, double standards ?

Reactions: PaulD

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I miss players like Corson, MacPhee, Chelios, Scrudland, Keane, Odeline, . Band of brothers they were. Fight one, and fight us all !

Habs aren't making the play offs.

What's the correlation between our playoff odds and having gritty players?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad