Player Discussion Paul Byron

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
When Paul Byron looked at the calendar of remaining games left months ago and he saw Florida Panthers being slated for March 26, he dreaded that date.

He knew this MacKenzie dude is a big boy and a southpaw at that. It was a mismatch waiting to happen and Claude Julien and all his highly paid assistants never thought about not pencilling Byron for that game?

Florida is a dreadful team that a Byronless squad couldn't beat with ease?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

If someone else had written ( bolded part ) this besides a moderator. This would have gotten them a warning or infraction, double standards ?
Gotta say that crossed my mind too. But I apologized just the same.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
When Paul Byron looked at the calendar of remaining games left months ago and he saw Florida Panthers being slated for March 26, he dreaded that date.

He knew this MacKenzie dude is a big boy and a southpaw at that. It was a mismatch waiting to happen and Claude Julien and all his highly paid assistants never thought about not pencilling Byron for that game?

u should become a professional hockey fights analysis on hockeyfights.com

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

I mentionned this earlier. I wouldn't have dress him.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
If Im Columbus I play a very physical game Thursday night.

Didnt Domi fight Foligno last time they met?

Makes me laugh that little Max Domi walks into the Habs dressing room this year and immediately becomes their best player and their toughest player .

Thats one poorly built hockey team.
Max Domi acts tough but shouldnt fight anyone. Maybe he's trying to live up to his old man.
He looked like a fool against Foligno and it looked like Foligno kept asking "are you sure" when Domi challenged him.
i'd like to see Domi just focus on hockey instead of all his yapping and acting like some tough guy.
And Yes I'd like us to actually have a tough guy who can stand up for his mates.

Reactions: Oryxo and PaulD

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Absolutely ridiculous to blame the coaching staff. Byron choose to accept the fight and he lost. It’s on him.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
That's Byron's fault, he's not a child he can make that decision.

He let his pride get in the way, but I agree, it's Byron's fault for sticking up for himself, when the smart choice was to skate away , to hell with the Code.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Max Domi acts tough but shouldnt fight anyone. Maybe he's trying to live up to his old man.
He looked like a fool against Foligno and it looked like Foligno kept asking "are you sure" when Domi challenged him.
i'd like to see Domi just focus on hockey instead of all his yapping and acting like some tough guy.
And Yes I'd like us to actually have a tough guy who can stand up for his mates.
Totally agree.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
The « code »!!??? Why Ekblad didnt ask Domi to fight after he broke is nose with a sucker punch, a cheAp shot alot worst then Byron’s hit!!!!??? Yeah, the code apply when the guy is a non fighter weighing 150lbs, im sure that if D-Lo or Weber would have gave that hit instead of Byron he wouldnt ask for a revenge fight freakIng phoney!!!

Weegar did no wrong. Byron was stupid enough to accept, Mackenzie K.Oed him.

Last edited:
Reactions: CalgarySnow

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Hate it when people use the term stupid to describe a guy like Byron, he certainly didnt take the right decision but to say he was stupid is a bit harsh, i guess that the saying
''takes one to know one'' takes all is value in this thread

Reactions: Fixxer and beh3moth

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He obviously didn’t do his homework on realizing Weegar was left handed which is always a difficult proposition as you don’t expect it. It remains he could have said no

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Weegar did no wrong. Byron was stupid enough to accept, Mackenzie K.Oed him.

He did no wrong, but if DLO or Weber would have concussed him in the 1st place, i really dont think he would have seek revenge like he did with the 150lbs Byron.....he would have done like Ekblad did with Domi and just ignore him!!

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Hate it when people use the term stupid to describe a guy like Byron, he certainly didnt take the right decision but to say he was stupid is a bit harsh, i guess that the saying
''takes one to know one'' takes all is value in this thread
He had the choice, he’s not a fighter so why even go there other than ‘the code’ which is stupid. I referenced Tkachuk earlier, he took the right decision but got so much crap over it, luckily it seems to wash over him. He didn’t have to fight and he paid the price it was a dumb decision before we found out Weegar was pretty good and a southpaw. Really men have to get over this macho crap only shallow women are impressed by a fighter

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
He had the choice, he’s not a fighter so why even go there other than ‘the code’ which is stupid. I referenced Tkachuk earlier, he took the right decision but got so much crap over it, luckily it seems to wash over him. He didn’t have to fight and he paid the price it was a dumb decision before we found out Weegar was pretty good and a southpaw. Really men have to get over this macho crap only shallow women are impressed by a fighter

Lol, hope your not thinking Byron did that to impress woman, i can only talk about my experience as a hockey players and tell you that it is very hard to turn your back on a guy that is challenging you for a fight......very hard......but so easy to type on a computer that he was stupid

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Lol, hope your not thinking Byron did that to impress woman, i can only talk about my experience as a hockey players and tell you that it is very hard to turn your back on a guy that is challenging you for a fight......very hard......but so easy to type on a computer that he was stupid
Of course I’m not suggesting that, read the rest of my post. But this macho crap is a result of impressing women according to history.

Don’t understand why it’s hard to turn your back on a fight, think of the bigger picture like Tkachuk did. I was challenged once and I walked away because I wanted no part of it, what does it prove? You can punch? Not that impressive. The fact is Byron had already paid the price wifh his suspension (and apology) there was no need for it. Male fans for the most part ridiculed Tkachuk despite the fact he was sensible and thought of the bigger picture and a lot of male fans will be applauding Byron for answering the bell (despite he really didn’t have to). It was a dumb move to fight and I hope Byron recovers

Reactions: Oryxo

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
I was very scarred for Domi against Foligno, and was very glad Foligno showed mercy. Different class of fighter.

Last edited:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Byron was a fool to accept and the code is dumb. Look at the crap Tkachuk took for not fighting Kassian, stupid
Had a chat with a Flames fan about what Byron did last night. He brought up Tkachuk specifically and said, these younger guys won't abide by the same code that Byron thought he had to live up to. So, in reality, this stuff will go away on its own.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Why even give these guys much of a choice? If you throw a punch to the head, you should get a 10 game suspension. Cheap shots and illegal hits should be severely punished and carry huge fines.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Weber is going to catch Weegar in traffic or beat his ass like the ***** he is next year. Book it. I’d take the ass beating over a full force clean check by Weber if I had the choice. Either way, Weegar knows it is coming.
Wait, weber is going to go after weegar who challenged Paul Byron to a fight to atone for the concussion that Byron gave weegar?

What the hell did weegar do wrong? Win the fight?

He asked, Byron agreed they both consented and went. Byron got tagged.

Tagging a guy who agreed to fight isn't anywhere near jumping into a guys head by the glass.

Weegar has nothing to fear from the habs for doing what he did. It sucks Byron got tagged but that's on Byron two ways.

Reactions: Walrus26

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Wait, weber is going to go after weegar who challenged Paul Byron to a fight to atone for the concussion that Byron gave weegar?

What the hell did weegar do wrong? Win the fight?

He asked, Byron agreed they both consented and went. Byron got tagged.

Tagging a guy who agreed to fight isn't anywhere near jumping into a guys head by the glass.

Weegar has nothing to fear from the habs for doing what he did. It sucks Byron got tagged but that's on Byron two ways.

Yep. Worth noting that Weegar didn't come in for lots of extra-special attention as the game went on. Hope Byron is back to 100% soon.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah... NOW it's resolved. :laugh: The three game suspension didn't do this already I guess.

And if this is how things are then why is it resolved now? Shouldn't somebody now go out and run Weegar's head into a stantion or something? After all, we need to show that we won't be pushed around right? I guess somebody should just go and decapitate the guy.

Was going to be hard enough to win and now we don't have Byron. What a ****ing waste.

Not saying I disagree or agree with the situation. Just saying that the fight resolved the issue between the two players and there is respect between the two. We have seen many situations like this drag on and multiple back and forth attempts to get back at players. Look at the Moore situation for example... he backed away from a fight and Bertuzzi went after him and brook his neck. Most times, the fight resolves the issue quick and respect is gained.

Byron is a victim of not being a coward. Yeah, it was a mismatch, but he also didn't realize that Weeger has a nasty left hand where he tried to tie up the right hand. I wonder if "code" says that Weegar should of let Byron know to tie up the left hand instead? :sarcasm:

Lets hope Byron is not seriously hurt. Ever get into a fight with a left hander where you didn't know and were watching out for the right hand?

Reactions: Walrus26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad