Paul Bissonnette tweet to Carcillo

The Lemonheads

Peanut Gallery
Feb 2, 2010
Toronto
And yet you clicked the thread and commented on it despite the fact that you have nothing to add to the conversation whatsoever. Congrats.

Biz is a very entertaining person who generally treats others with respect. Carcillo, not so much.

I clicked on it because it was the top thread in the main NHL section and people were replying like crazy to it... so I figured it was a big deal...

And yet, it turns out it's not a big deal and it's a bunch of social media drama.

What is there to add? I'm sorry I don't know "Biz" and am sorry you feel slighted by that.

Carry on with the drama, bud. All good.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Ehh no one perpetuates that narrative more than Barstool themselves. That's not a comment on her abilities or qualifications, just on the amount they try and use her as a shield.

The company and its drooling internet trolls are two different things. The company, who cares, they hired her and she has seemingly done a good job. But their Twitter army basically use her existence as both bait and shield for everything from the get-go...and it's such a cynical company that it's hard to really say whether that's a bug or a feature or entirely irrelevant.

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
how can you hate biz lol
He’s a plug and a Yotes fanboy which is a rival team. He always defended Doan as a classy player when he really wasn’t at all.

He’s just another former player trying to stay relevant. I have no love for Carcillo but it’s also pretty shady to expose a guy like that. We all know locker room stuff is toxic. I’m sure Biz himself has said some awful stuff. That’s why I can’t wait to see what comes out from this. Dudes cancelling eachother.

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
Just numerous occasions on their Podcast. I'm pretty sure this twitter bomb started with Carcillo alluding to this, and then Biz responded with this.
I’ve followed Whitney for a long time. Since his Oiler days. He’s a funny guy but he’s sided with Barstool during a lot of their scandals. I think some criticism is fair.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Two NHL plugs who suck at hockey fighting on Twitter.. why do people get so heated/involved in this stuff? Who gives a **** about these nobodys?
They are still better than a lot of people at hockey. They just sucked the NHL level. Let’s just get that straight ;).

People here, on a hockey forum, get heated/involved in a story like this because it involves the very sport we’re here to talk about. Pretty simple really.

This season there has been a lot of talk about hockey culture and if changes need to be made. So I would say this particular beef is as good a reason as any to have hockey fans getting involved in it, on a hockey forum.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Just numerous occasions on their Podcast. I'm pretty sure this twitter bomb started with Carcillo alluding to this, and then Biz responded with this.
Just like the last guy, who did come in and post some links to back up his claims, you’ll need to provide some actual evidence if you want to claim someone as sexist. Instead of just saying there were a few instances.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s a plug and a Yotes fanboy which is a rival team. He always defended Doan as a classy player when he really wasn’t at all.

He’s just another former player trying to stay relevant. I have no love for Carcillo but it’s also pretty shady to expose a guy like that. We all know locker room stuff is toxic. I’m sure Biz himself has said some awful stuff. That’s why I can’t wait to see what comes out from this. Dudes cancelling eachother.

ah yes it’s ok for carcillo to call biz a ****** because “im sure he’s said some awful stuff”, good point

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Carcillo not getting the attention he is looking for does not excuse using a ****ty negative behavior to advocate for a good cause. He has to be aware that his previous past, regardless of how open he is about it, that it will be long, hard journey to get his message heard and received by many. But he doesn't want to take the hard route, he wants to go with the easy route - going full hard negative aggression that gets the attention he needs.

Like I said his tactics to raise awareness are worthy of criticism but also it’s not about him getting attention which is a common narrative. It’s about the issues that surround the sport and league getting attention. Let’s be honest that’s the real problem here for a lot of people, it’s that somebody (who definitely didn’t have the best reputation and for good reason) is suggesting that something they enjoy isn’t perfect and needs change.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Like I said his tactics to raise awareness are worthy of criticism but also it’s not about him getting attention which is a common narrative. It’s about the issues that surround the sport and league getting attention. Let’s be honest that’s the real problem here for a lot of people, it’s that somebody (who definitely didn’t have the best reputation and for good reason) is suggesting that something they enjoy isn’t perfect and needs change.

I think we all see there are problems behind the scenes this year. That has no bearing on my thought that anything Carcillo does is to benefit Carcillo and keep himself relevant.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Bissonnette is generally a pretty humble and open-minded kind of guy. He has talked up the women's game, wants to grow hockey outside the traditional market, and really pushes some good hockey analysts in the media.

Carcillo was an absolute asshole - but I'm pretty sure he acknowledges that. He puts a lot of good discussion points in terms of the games treatment of head injuries and hazing.

I think in this scenario Carcillo was trying to take a jab at Barstool and Bissonnette was caught in the crossfire. Carcillo was being an ass, and Biz responded by airing the dirty laundry of the past. Honestly, I think it's been a bit overblown - but that's the internet after all.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Ehh no one perpetuates that narrative more than Barstool themselves. That's not a comment on her abilities or qualifications, just on the amount they try and use her as a shield.

I'm not sure I understand you here. Are you saying that Barstool presents her as a person hired to fill diversity quotas?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
but but but Biz does a podcast for barstool! That’s way worse! I’m super woke!

Who'd have thought that such a poorly thought out world view could lead to blatant contradictions?

-INz0Z.gif

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Carcillo: Sorry for being a racist POS to you in the past.
Biz: Apology accepted.

Also Carcillo: F--- you Biz and everything you stand for. I'll drag your name through the mud now without being a racist POS this time, and I'm allowed to because I apologized to you for being racist even though my apology came 10 years later but you're not allowed to bite back when I fire these words at you. I'm a changed man!

-----
and as a side note, is he firing at Roenick for being sexist even though he apologized for the things he said but we're supposed to let Carcillo spout off at anyone because he made amends with his past? Talk about a hypocrite.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA

So you have personal vendettas over hockey stuff? Lol ok

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand you here. Are you saying that Barstool presents her as a person hired to fill diversity quotas?

No, certainly nothing about quotas. I'm saying many Barstool personalities perpetuate the idea that they hired her to shield them from crisitisms of sexism by often using her as a shield against criticisms of sexism. When they first hired her I didn't think anything of that, but the amount they've brought it up themselves over the years has made me wonder.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
No, certainly nothing about quotas. I'm saying many Barstool personalities perpetuate the idea that they hired her to shield them from crisitisms of sexism by often using her as a shield against criticisms of sexism. When they first hired her I didn't think anything of that, but the amount they've brought it up themselves over the years has made me wonder.

They also have a female CFO and CEO. The content people say stupid and offensive shit about pretty much everything, what I call the South Park model, but the company itself has proven to be very progressive when it comes to empowering women.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2