Post-Game Talk: PATROITS at NY Jets - It was an ugly win - Pats 30 NYJ 27 F

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Tom Brady didn't give us 6 Super Bowls. The New England Patriots did. No team is just one player (except in basketball lol). Brady was a big part of it but not all of it.

The QB is the most important position in professional sports. TB12 is the GOAT and I doubt we ever see another QB guide a team to 9 superbowl appearances ever again

Reactions: PeanutButter37

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The QB is the most important position in professional sports. TB12 is the GOAT and I doubt we ever see another QB guide a team to 9 superbowl appearances ever again

At least in football, I've always felt the line was underrated and the most important position. A good line can make a average QB look good with time to throw, but a bad line can make even a pro bowler look bad because they don't get protection. Its why I never understood why teams spent so many high picks on QB's when they have a bad line. I've always felt like (on either side of the ball) you build your line first.

Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
At least in football, I've always felt the line was underrated and the most important position. A good line can make a average QB look good with time to throw, but a bad line can make even a pro bowler look bad because they don't get protection. Its why I never understood why teams spent so many high picks on QB's when they have a bad line. I've always felt like (on either side of the ball) you build your line first.

You just need a quarterback, other players are irrelevant..

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

It's probably just a coincidence, but the Patriots Championship teams were strong on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Those guys make the quarterback's job easier...

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's probably just a coincidence, but the Patriots Championship teams were strong on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Those guys make the quarterback's job easier...

There have been many teams like that throughout the years in the NFL who ran the ball well, had a good defence but lacked the QB to put them over the top. You can sometimes go the superbowl with a player like Rex Grossman, but you're not becoming a dynasty that way

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If you replace Brady with a top 10-15 QB in the league for 2001-2004 and 2014-2018, keeping the rest of the offensive line, skill players, and defense, how many SBs do we still win?

With Matt Hasselbeck on the 2001-2004 Pats, I think it's not impossible we win in 2003 and 2004 on the strength of the D. 2001 was won on Brady's guts though (with some help from Bledsoe in the AFCCG).

With Andy Dalton on the 2014-2018 teams, none of those teams win. Brady willed us to the first two superbowls. Dalton or an average QB would've won the Rams Superbowl, but Brady went off in the AFCCG in Kansas City to get us there, so we can't even give him that.

So at best, we win 2 titles without him. Of course, we can do the same thought experiment and put Brady on the 2001-2004 Redskins, he doesn't win anything either.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
BB drafted the greatest player to.ever.play at the most important position in pro sports, thus making BB the ultimate GOAT of GOATS. Glad we could finally settle this. :)

Sorry but your logic is way off on this.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
On the toss play that Harris almost got into the end zone I noticed he didn’t reach for the pylon when he could have. Belichick is gonna highlight that and praise him in front of the team. He HATES that for the reasons we saw earlier this year when N’Keal did it

Reactions: DangleCity

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If you replace Brady with a top 10-15 QB in the league for 2001-2004 and 2014-2018, keeping the rest of the offensive line, skill players, and defense, how many SBs do we still win?

With Matt Hasselbeck on the 2001-2004 Pats, I think it's not impossible we win in 2003 and 2004 on the strength of the D. 2001 was won on Brady's guts though (with some help from Bledsoe in the AFCCG).

With Andy Dalton on the 2014-2018 teams, none of those teams win. Brady willed us to the first two superbowls. Dalton or an average QB would've won the Rams Superbowl, but Brady went off in the AFCCG in Kansas City to get us there, so we can't even give him that.

So at best, we win 2 titles without him. Of course, we can do the same thought experiment and put Brady on the 2001-2004 Redskins, he doesn't win anything either.
BB was more responsible for the 1st half of the dynasty and Tom the 2nd half. Its really that simple

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
BB was more responsible for the 1st half of the dynasty and Tom the 2nd half. Its really that simple

who was responsible for Bills 5-13 record with New England before Brady. Brady doesn't come along Bill might not be a Patriot coach after 2 years, unless you think Bledsoe leads that 01 team to a superbowl

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
who was responsible for Bills 5-13 record with New England before Brady. Brady doesn't come along Bill might not be a Patriot coach after 2 years, unless you think Bledsoe leads that 01 team to a superbowl
"If.Brady doesnt come along"

BB drafted him. He gets credit not docked because of Brady lol.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Nice win last night.
Meyers played great, glad to see him and Cam have some chemistry.
Harris was awesome again, hope he did not sustain a major injury.
Michel is not needed anymore.
I hope we can get a draft pick 3rd-5 th rounder for him?
We still have JJ Taylor as well, lots of depth at RB.
You can see the obvious areas we need to improve on for this year and next year.
We desparately need a WR with speed that can get open downfield for the 30 yard +++ pass.
TE is another area we are lacking.
Hoping Keene can get on the field this year.
Linebackers are another area of need.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Nice win last night.
Meyers played great, glad to see him and Cam have some chemistry.
Harris was awesome again, hope he did not sustain a major injury.
Michel is not needed anymore.
I hope we can get a draft pick 3rd-5 th rounder for him?
We still have JJ Taylor as well, lots of depth at RB.
You can see the obvious areas we need to improve on for this year and next year.
We desparately need a WR with speed that can get open downfield for the 30 yard +++ pass.
TE is another area we are lacking.
Hoping Keene can get on the field this year.
Linebackers are another area of need.

Lots of areas needing help. The roster is a mess. The biggest concern is relying on Bill to rebuild through the draft.

Reactions: LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad