Post-Game Talk: PATROITS at NY Jets - It was an ugly win - Pats 30 NYJ 27 F

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The difference between the Patriots and Jets tanking is that Belichick is not going out of his way to win, while the Jets are legitimately attempting to lose.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
In my eyes, certainly an indictment on coaching that they didn't work Meyers in more before recently.

Reactions: Mione134

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Ugly win, schmughly win. Pats got some wind in their sails to try and salvage this season.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jesus Christ dude give it a f***ing rest
A bit testy are we? I just find it a bit ridiculous that the coaching gets killed for not being able to develop wrs yet when they find a kid who can play, its still there fault and we gloss over the fact that the kid played great last year in the pre season, but Brady refused to work in young recievers and complained until he got the Patriots to waste money and draft picks on AB amd Sanu instead

Sorry the facts dont always line up with youre narrative.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Newsflash: Tom Brady isn't here and Meyers still couldn't get on the field until they had nobody else. That's not Tom Brady's fault. Get off Bill's junk.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I missed most the game after the first touchdown drive but all I can say about all of it is LOL

glad they won. Meyers had quite a game sheeeeesh.

Looks like newton was mega accurate

Look at the list of guys that caught passes tonight. Looks like an XFL group. Impressive to hang 30 with that. The offensive line being a strength when healthy will give them an opportunity to win but they Absolutely need to be healthy otherwise the offense is burnt toast

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilDead

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also nick folk pats hof

One of the few plays I saw was Tashawn Bower’s whiff in the backfield on 3rd down early in the game. Takk McKinley is now a free agent, take a flier on him and give him playing time on the edge to see if he’s worth keeping into next year

Last edited:
Reactions: Mione134

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
EmcBdcuXMAAen9_.jpg

Reactions: KrejciMVP

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Taking a look at the highlights that 12 men on the field call the jets got before a Folk field goal attempt on 4th and 5 is the most blatant example of tanking I have ever seen

Reactions: Richard Lather

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Watching this team's passing defense get shredded by Flacco in the first half is a real low to me. I get they've sucked at stopping the run, but the Jets WRs ran past the Pats secondary with ease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad