Post-Game Talk: PATROITS at NY Jets - It was an ugly win - Pats 30 NYJ 27 F

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He went to them his entire career, his career was built on being the hardest worker, when he stops going and his play slips a bit, its more than fair to ask if he was putting in the full effort and its a natural conclusion to come to. If it was any other player we would be saying the same thing, not sure why Tom gets a pass.

Brady was coming off his 3rd straight superbowl appearance. I like it when our 40 plus year old QB gets as much rest as possible in the off-season after playing more football than any other QB in the league. Those who wanted him gone for Jimmy G and don't enjoy titles, will try to find fault any place they can muster up an agenda. This agenda of course is completely ridiculous (OTAs) as is questioning the effort of a QB that went to 4 superbowls in 5 years who continues to keep his body in shape and play at a high level at 43

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Brady was coming off his 3rd straight superbowl appearance. I like it when our 40 plus year old QB gets as much rest as possible in the off-season after playing more football than any other QB in the league. Those who wanted him gone for Jimmy G and don't enjoy titles, will try to find fault any place they can muster up an agenda. This agenda of course is completely ridiculous (OTAs) as is questioning the effort of a QB that went to 4 superbowls in 5 years who continues to keep his body in shape and play at a high level at 43
He found time during the pandemic to basically set up a team practice with the Bucs. I think he could have put in the effort here more. He didnt need "rest" this spring with his new team. I just think he checked out the last year or more here. Doesn't mean he sucks, he just didnt handle not getting his contract well.

Also, enough with Jimmy G. I already said that they made the right move sticking with Brady. You can still be objective thouhh looking at Brady the last couple years here

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
They brought in AB for Tom

And yet they still ended up short in the WR department. They signed a guy in AB that was clearly a loose canon and a bad bet to stay in line. They had a recovering addict with a history of relapses. They had an aging slot receiver that entered the season with a bad shoulder and a bad knee that both needed surgery after the season ended. They had a first round pick that wasn't healthy and missed 9 games, and when he played he looked lost and overmatched. And they had a couple of undrafted WRs that simply weren't very good. They had zero decent TE options.

But other than that, it was all unicorns and butterflies.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
And yet they still ended up short in the WR department. They signed a guy in AB that was clearly a loose canon and a bad bet to stay in line. They had a recovering addict with a history of relapses. They had an aging slot receiver that entered the season with a bad shoulder and a bad knee that both needed surgery after the season ended. They had a first round pick that wasn't healthy and missed 9 games, and when he played he looked lost and overmatched. And they had a couple of undrafted WRs that simply weren't very good. They had zero decent TE options.

But other than that, it was all unicorns and butterflies.
Thats the whole point, they ended up short because Tom didnt want to invest in the younger wrs.

I do agree that they have bungled TE though.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thats the whole point, they ended up short because Tom didnt want to invest in the younger wrs.

I do agree that they have bungled TE though.

Which young wide outs didn't he want to work with? Harry was hurt. The undrafted kids? If they had any promise, he'd have worked with them. They ran incorrect routes, which means there is a big risk even throwing to them.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I'll wire everyone $100 if they agree to move on. Nobody is changing their minds and the horse you're beating has been dead for days.

Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He found time during the pandemic to basically set up a team practice with the Bucs. I think he could have put in the effort here more. He didnt need "rest" this spring with his new team. I just think he checked out the last year or more here. Doesn't mean he sucks, he just didnt handle not getting his contract well.

Also, enough with Jimmy G. I already said that they made the right move sticking with Brady. You can still be objective thouhh looking at Brady the last couple years here

Comparing the pandemic scenario with an optional OTA is also a huge reach, be objective?!! You don't even acknowledge the multiple superbowls and toll that has on one's body

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Comparing the pandemic scenario with an optional OTA is also a huge reach, be objective?!! You don't even acknowledge the multiple superbowls and toll that has on one's body

You're way off on this man. If Brady had only gone to some voluntary passing camp and thrown to Gunner and Meyers, they'd have been the second coming of Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. It's all Tom's fault for being uncooperative.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Please, they win that last Superbowl with Jimmy G under center. Brady got carried by Michel and that defense same as Manning did in Denver

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Please, they win that last Superbowl with Jimmy G under center. Brady got carried by Michel and that defense same as Manning did in Denver

ya Jimmy wins in KC putting up over 500 yards of team offense lol. Sometimes games go like that in Superbowls too, not everyone can be Brady saving the day (or Malcom Butler who prevented Bill's D from not blowing a 3rd straight superbowl on the last drive and sat in Eagles Super Bowl). Brady didnt cost them the game against the Rams and put it away at the end which we've seen Jimmy fail to do on the big stage

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Of course it has a toll on your body, but you overcome that by putting in more work, not less. He has plenty of time to rest in the offseason. Its not a coincidence he stopped going to OTAs as soon as he an issue with his contract, then the moment he went to a new team with a new contract he started showing up again.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You're way off on this man. If Brady had only gone to some voluntary passing camp and thrown to Gunner and Meyers, they'd have been the second coming of Tim Brown and Jerry Rice. It's all Tom's fault for being uncooperative.
What are you going to do with all those strawmen you built?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Which young wide outs didn't he want to work with? Harry was hurt. The undrafted kids? If they had any promise, he'd have worked with them. They ran incorrect routes, which means there is a big risk even throwing to them.
He didnt work with any of them because he didn't show up to passing camp or OTAs

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Of course it has a toll on your body, but you overcome that by putting in more work, not less. He has plenty of time to rest in the offseason. Its not a coincidence he stopped going to OTAs as soon as he an issue with his contract, then the moment he went to a new team with a new contract he started showing up again.

resting a 40 year old arm that has been through multiple gruelling playoff runs is a good thing whether it's a QB or a pitcher. How did the Red Sox pitching staff look after being taxed from their long 2018 playoff run the following year?

Like I said, I like it when my 40 plus year old QB gets as much rest in the offseason as possible, conserve that arm for meaningful throws

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He didn't work with them because it was pointless. They're hacks and anyone with a shred of honesty would admit it.
It was pointless because he already knew he wasnt coming back to NE before the season even started.

Also, we are seeing Meyers is a serviceable guy. Even with Cam.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
resting a 40 year old arm that has been through multiple gruelling playoff runs is a good thing whether it's a QB or a pitcher. How did the Red Sox pitching staff look after being taxed from their long 2018 playoff run the following year?

Like I said, I like it when my 40 plus year old QB gets as much rest in the offseason as possible, conserve that arm for meaningful throws
Sorry, but you're argument holds no water when Brady shows up to all the workouts in Tampa and even starts organizing his own.

Why isn't he resting? He's not getting any younger.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It was pointless because he already knew he wasnt coming back to NE before the season even started.

Also, we are seeing Meyers is a serviceable guy. Even with Cam.

He didn't know the reads. That's why Brady had no trust with him. It's fine now because just like Meyers, Cam doesn't know the reads either and is simply winging it. :laugh:

Brady's entire career has been about finding the open guy. If a player like Meyers got open, Brady would have hit him. If you have no faith in a player because he never runs the right route, why would you even look in his direction?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He didn't know the reads. That's why Brady had no trust with him. It's fine now because just like Meyers, Cam doesn't know the reads either and is simply winging it. :laugh:

Brady's entire career has been about finding the open guy. If a player like Meyers got open, Brady would have hit him. If you have no faith in a player because he never runs the right route, why would you even look in his direction?
He's a former QB, Meyers would have been a perfect fit with Brady. He knows how to read a defense, and knows what a QB is looking for. Brady didnt want to invest and put in the work with Meyers

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He's a former QB, Meyers would have been a perfect fit with Brady. He knows how to read a defense, and knows what a QB is looking for. Brady didnt want to invest and put in the work with Meyers

Did Brady also ignore all the other receivers like Gordon, Edelman, Dorsett, White and AB when he was added? Lets not pretend Meyers was projected to do anything last year. He was an emergency plan, even Harry was supposed to be much higher on the depth chart. Meyers is basically the only option they have now, somebody has to catch the ball on a 3rd place team. I hope he keeps it up, but lets not pretend he's a long term investment for NE

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

And you claim I'm throwing out straw men arguments? LOFL!!

The dude was undrafted for a reason. He was a rookie, playing a position he hadn't played before, and you think it's all on Brady for not working with him? LOFL!!! Brady could have invested hundreds of hours and it wouldn't have made a difference because the guy had a huge learning curve in front of him just to be marginal. And he wasn't. Even this year he's been meh. He's got 23 receptions for the season, and 12 came in one game against a winless team. But you feel free to hang your hat on this one. It's about on par with the rest of your arguments. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad