Post-Game Talk: PATROITS at NY Jets - It was an ugly win - Pats 30 NYJ 27 F

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Newsflash: Tom Brady isn't here and Meyers still couldn't get on the field until they had nobody else. That's not Tom Brady's fault. Get off Bill's junk.
Not exactly apples to apples, there was more opportunity last season with Brady and the offensive, since they run more spread, but then again Brady wasnt showing up to passing camp. Sorry, but how well Meyers is doing is a direct indictment on Brady.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Not exactly apples to apples, there was more opportunity last season with Brady and the offensive, since they run more spread, but then again Brady wasnt showing up to passing camp. Sorry, but how well Meyers is doing is a direct indictment on Brady.

I guess we are adding Meyers to greatest of all time list along with Jimmy G who Brady has stood in the way of their paths to be the next GOAT.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The defense on that byrd catch at the end of the game

I never understood how people think teams go about tanking? Other than depleting your team of talent, that's aboit all you can do. Do people think the coach tells the players to lose before the game or too not make plays? The average NFL career is 3 years. If you're a player and you arent trying your best, you're an absolute moron. We are talking about guys fighting for contracts and to stay in the league.

Sorry, just dont understand when people point out that the other team made a mistake, that that means they are tanking. Just seems ridiculous from a player perspective.

Edit: Byrd is one of the faster players in the league. Its not a tank job because he beat a.safety to the sideline in the middle of the open field.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Watching this team's passing defense get shredded by Flacco in the first half is a real low to me. I get they've sucked at stopping the run, but the Jets WRs ran past the Pats secondary with ease.
JC Jackson fell down... must have been trying to tank it for Bill

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Taking a look at the highlights that 12 men on the field call the jets got before a Folk field goal attempt on 4th and 5 is the most blatant example of tanking I have ever seen

Seems that way, but players really don't give a dam about draft pick. I forget who the former player was, but he was on NFL Sirius radio and said every guy wants to go out and win every week and keep their job, they don't worry about next years draft picks..

Reactions: CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Taking a look at the highlights that 12 men on the field call the jets got before a Folk field goal attempt on 4th and 5 is the most blatant example of tanking I have ever seen
We've watched the Jets do stupid shit like this for 20 years, even when they were good. I think we are giving the Jets too much credit lol

Reactions: CDJ

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Flacco threw deep more than once. After seeing that game and them barely beat a team that wanted no part in winning, do you really think this Pats team is going anywhere?
I think they can still make the playoffs. I also dont agree that they were trying to lose. Why the hell would Gase care about Lawerence if he loses his job. Why would those players care aboit Lawerence, if they ended up cut, on another roster, or out of the league? Outside of depleting your roster there isnt much you can do to tank.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think they can still make the playoffs. I also dont agree that they were trying to lose. Why the hell would Gase care about Lawerence if he loses his job. Why would those players care aboit Lawerence, if they ended up cut, on another roster, or out of the league? Outside of depleting your roster there isnt much you can do to tank.

Man, you need to share whatever it is you take to make you think this is a playoff caliber team. It's not. They're f***ing terrible.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’m only a casual football fan . What kind of record the rest of the way gets them in the playoffs?

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Man, you need to share whatever it is you take to make you think this is a playoff caliber team. It's not. They're f***ing terrible.
With an extra playoff spot, possibly even two if they go to 16. Its not out of the realm. Its a weird a year, the Pats were derailed by covid, someone aheas of them could be as well.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I’m only a casual football fan . What kind of record the rest of the way gets them in the playoffs?
They would most likely need to go 6-2 and finish 9-7. They only have one game though they dont really have a shot and thats next week vs Baltimore.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

The Jets spent the entire 2nd half gifting the Pats chance after chance. That isn't tanking, that is simply the Jets being the Jets.

Reactions: CDJ and BMC

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The defense on that byrd catch at the end of the game

Watching this play live was incredible. Just a total lack of effort by the Jets.

Welcome to the spin zone everybody. Are you on Bill's payroll? He played Harry over Meyers because Harry was a 1st round pick. Shocker, Bill botched the pick. Meyers is clearly a better player than Harry. But sure, let's blame Tom Brady for Meyers not playing earlier this season :laugh:

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
And since I have heard some pundits like Zo, Bedard etc...Pats did not play the end of game drive properly. With the QB sneak. The end result turned out ok but not the right process there.

Reactions: Smitty93

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Watching this play live was incredible. Just a total lack of effort by the Jets.

Welcome to the spin zone everybody. Are you on Bill's payroll? He played Harry over Meyers because Harry was a 1st round pick. Shocker, Bill botched the pick. Meyers is clearly a better player than Harry. But sure, let's blame Tom Brady for Meyers not playing earlier this season :laugh:
This has nothing to do with Harry. He may very well, not be very good in the long run, but the facts are Brady never gave any of the young wrs a chance which includes Meyers. Instead he complained until they brought in AB and Sanu, which worked out about as terrible as possible.

Ive gave BB plenty of crap, he left the team extremely thin at a number of positions, but some people just refuse to acknowledge that Tom deserves any blame for the last year

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This has nothing to do with Harry. He may very well, not be very good in the long run, but the facts are Brady never gave any of the young wrs a chance which includes Meyers. Instead he complained until they brought in AB and Sanu, which worked out about as terrible as possible.

Ive gave BB plenty of crap, he left the team extremely thin at a number of positions, but some people just refuse to acknowledge that Tom deserves any blame for the last year

A 43 year old QB who gave us 6 superbowls gets no blame except for the bad throws he makes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad