Post-Game Talk: PATROITS at NY Jets - It was an ugly win - Pats 30 NYJ 27 F

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lots of areas needing help. The roster is a mess. The biggest concern is relying on Bill to rebuild through the draft.
I fully agree with you.
There have been so many mistakes in his drafts, Harry being one of the worse. We can go on and on.
The Brady and Gronk picks to name two were nice picks, but overall he gets a c- grade at best I think.
I checked the 2016 Draft and we have one player only ( Thuney) that is on the team still.
I look at Chase Claypool as well, he would fit in very nice now, was a second round pick.
Imagine our team with Claypool and DK Metcalfe now?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I love that Bill is responsible for all of the bad personnel moves and none of the good

I don't know who said that but his poor personnel moves over the last few years are why they are not a good team. Will be interesting to see if he can rebuild this thing.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How does Asiasi not have a catch yet? Hes played a good amount of snaps.

I fully agree with you.
There have been so many mistakes in his drafts, Harry being one of the worse. We can go on and on.
The Brady and Gronk picks to name two were nice picks, but overall he gets a c- grade at best I think.
I checked the 2016 Draft and we have one player only ( Thuney) that is on the team still.
I look at Chase Claypool as well, he would fit in very nice now, was a second round pick.
Imagine our team with Claypool and DK Metcalfe now?

Yeah that is on Bill. I don't think Harry turns it around but we got no choice but to stick with him. Things are a lot different with one stud WR via the draft recently.

I feel like we are going to go 8-8 and make an expanded playoffs. Fine with me there is no chance we can suck our way into Fields or Lawrence.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Keene is the TE I was really excited to see this year because of his skillset as a hybrid flex TE like a non-murdering Aaron Hernandez, but he's only gotten into like one game and didn't do anything in it. Injuries are also to blame there.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I figured they ultimately want to use Keene like SF uses Juice (I’m going to call him that cuz I’m too lazy to look up the spelling to his name, my best guess is Juszcyk)

Very rare you see rookies make a significant impact in New England. This year we have Onwenu doing it but that’s about it. Everybody else is more or less still developing And learning...Some looking good in spurts. Keene was especially going to take longer and be a project coming from the offense/role in the offense he was coming from

Asiasi has been banged up and had a friend die or something. Tough year for him. Hopefully he can make an impact by the end, if not I look forward to him next year

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Not exactly apples to apples, there was more opportunity last season with Brady and the offensive, since they run more spread, but then again Brady wasnt showing up to passing camp. Sorry, but how well Meyers is doing is a direct indictment on Brady.
Give it a rest. No Edelman or Harry means someone has to play receiver. He caught 12 of his 23 catches this season last night. Not like he was been used much in his earlier games. Last year he caught 26 balls playing behind Edelman and Dorsett in virtually every game and behind Sanu, Gordon , Harry and Brown to varying degrees in others.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
This has nothing to do with Harry. He may very well, not be very good in the long run, but the facts are Brady never gave any of the young wrs a chance which includes Meyers. Instead he complained until they brought in AB and Sanu, which worked out about as terrible as possible.

Ive gave BB plenty of crap, he left the team extremely thin at a number of positions, but some people just refuse to acknowledge that Tom deserves any blame for the last year
But then other people like you want to blame Brady for all sorts of stuff beyond his control. If the Pats had of drafted Metcalfe or Samuel. Brady would have thrown to them a lot.
As for Meyers he is a serviceable receiver nothing more. He got his big chance against a terrible team because the pats have nobody else to play at wideout. I doubt he ever has a game like that again...... unless it's against the Jets.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
But then other people like you want to blame Brady for all sorts of stuff beyond his control. If the Pats had of drafted Metcalfe or Samuel. Brady would have thrown to them a lot.
As for Meyers he is a serviceable receiver nothing more. He got his big chance against a terrible team because the pats have nobody else to play at wideout. I doubt he ever has a game like that again...... unless it's against the Jets.
What have I blamed Brady for thats beyond his control?

The biggest thing I didnt like was his attitude and refusal to show up to OTAs and work with young wrs. And I agree hes serviceable 3rd or 4th wr. The point is Brady chose to bring in a woman beater who they gave $9 mil to.for one game and used 2nd rd pick for the corpse.of Sanu, rather than give the options he had a chance. Again, maybe if he went to passing camp and OTAs he would have seen a bit more of.what Meyers.could do and give him a chance.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
What have I blamed Brady for thats beyond his control?

The biggest thing I didnt like was his attitude and refusal to show up to OTAs and work with young wrs. And I agree hes serviceable 3rd or 4th wr. The point is Brady chose to bring in a woman beater who they gave $9 mil to.for one game and used 2nd rd pick for the corpse.of Sanu, rather than give the options he had a chance. Again, maybe if he went to passing camp and OTAs he would have seen a bit more of.what Meyers.could do and give him a chance.
You really think Brady overruled BB for those moves? Give your head a shake. BB knew he needed offensive help and went for his traditional bargain basement moves and got Brown and Sanu off the scrap heap. Like Moss , like Dillion, like Gordon like Bennett, like Blount, like Floyd, like Chad Johnson etc etc And that's just on offense.
As for Meyers you make it sound like he would have caught 80 balls last year if Brady had attended OTAs. Nonsense. Before last night he was on pace to catch maybe 35 balls this year. Big deal. You also going to blame Brady for Damian Harris not getting any carries last year?

Reactions: LSCII

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You really think Brady overruled BB for those moves? Give your head a shake. BB knew he needed offensive help and went for his traditional bargain basement moves and got Brown and Sanu off the scrap heap. Like Moss , like Dillion, like Gordon like Bennett, like Blount, like Floyd, like Chad Johnson etc etc And that's just on offense.
As for Meyers you make it sound like he would have caught 80 balls last year if Brady had attended OTAs. Nonsense. Before last night he was on pace to catch maybe 35 balls this year. Big deal. You also going to blame Brady for Damian Harris not getting any carries last year?
I dont think Brady overruled BB, I think BB just listened to Tom or wanted to shut him up. These are the guys Brady wanted over working with a guy that has talent on his own roster.

All I know about Meyers is that whatever him in Cam do in a Covid year, I'm sure Meyers and Brady would have done better last year if they just worked together

And everyone including Brady would have been better if he had atteneded OTAs last season.

All this just ties into my point that the Patriots arent in the position they are in solely because of BB. BB and Brady (and Kraft) both/all deserve blame for their relationship falling apart and the way the team was managed

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I dont think Brady overruled BB, I think BB just listened to Tom or wanted to shut him up. These are the guys Brady wanted over working with a guy that has talent on his own roster.

All I know about Meyers is that whatever him in Cam do in a Covid year, I'm sure Meyers and Brady would have done better last year if they just worked together

And everyone including Brady would have been better if he had atteneded OTAs last season.

All this just ties into my point that the Patriots arent in the position they are in solely because of BB. BB and Brady (and Kraft) both/all deserve blame for their relationship falling apart and the way the team was managed

Myers had 1 good game against an 0-8 team. OTAs literally mean nothing. How do thes narratives get created. I dont think I've ever heard another fan base even mention OTAs before. Did Cam and Myers have OTAs this year?

Reactions: Seidenbergy

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Myers had 1 good game against an 0-8 team. OTAs literally mean nothing. How do thes narratives get created. I dont think I've ever heard another fan base even mention OTAs before. Did Cam and Myers have OTAs this year?

OTAs are valuable for teams with new coaches/systems/etc. In a year like this one where teams can barely practice in person, all bets are off.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
OTAs are valuable for teams with new coaches/systems/etc. In a year like this one where teams can barely practice in person, all bets are off.

Football 101: OTA vs. Minicamp

During the OTAs, all coaches are allowed on the field (in the earlier phases, there were limits on coaches), but there shall be no live contact, and there cannot be any one-on-one offense versus defense drills (for example, one cornerback versus one wide receiver or one offensive lineman versus one defensive lineman). Team drills (offense versus defense) and special teams drills are allowed, as long as there is no live contact, and helmets are authorized, but no other pads are permitted.

This OTA narrative is the biggest nonsense I've ever heard. It's basically a meet and greet.

Reactions: LSCII

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
This OTA narrative is the biggest nonsense I've ever heard. It's basically a meet and greet.

Yup. Really since the last cba was signed. The players "won" that round when it came to off season workouts. Outside of the actual training camps, they don't do squat in pads all off-season long. There's a reason why the quality of play and tackling in particular has become so poor league-wide.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He went to them his entire career, his career was built on being the hardest worker, when he stops going and his play slips a bit, its more than fair to ask if he was putting in the full effort and its a natural conclusion to come to. If it was any other player we would be saying the same thing, not sure why Tom gets a pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad