Patrik Laine to the devils for...?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Those are facts buddy, whether you like them or not.

What other team in the league handed out their captaincy to a 22 year old kid who didn't prove much since stepping foot in the league? If you look at our horrible roster in 2020-21, the year he was given the "C", it's pretty easy to figure out that after signing his big deal, he was the only option at the time.

He's being made into this semi legend for what exactly, I don't really know. He's a good 2 way center who racks up 60 pts a year. That's a good player to have but by no means should be made a key figure to our core. The jumped the gun by handing him the captaincy and now they're kind of stuck with it.

I might just have a different meaning of the word core. To me core is a player you can't move, regardless of the offer. It's the cream of the crop, not your average/above average 2nd line center. I'm certain David Krejci wasn't a core player on the Bruins but that didn't mean he wasn't useful. I'm sure that if they had a rookie who looked like a stud in the making as their 3C and needed some much needed help elsewhere, they would've considered moving him and that's my entire point here.

You might not agree with it, but that's our reality.
The fact no one would trade Nico for Laine. Only Columbus may be. This is the only real fact in this conversation. And your analogies and attempts to bring something under the narrative do not work.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Extensions that teams work out don’t mean much that in terms of the trade value IMO. He’s an unsigned RFA on their end, they don’t get a cost-controlled center for him. I don’t know what extension he takes from us before being on the team that isn’t huge offer either. Maybe something could be worked out, I don’t know what Laine will end up getting, I’m guessing he gets it’s from the Blue Jackets when they keep him.

There isn’t a equivalent trade like that for a reason. An unsigned Vrana got thrown in with a 1st, a 2nd and small cap dump for a signed Anthony Mantha (he had 3 more years at 5.7m).

The last example people came up with a center signed long term was Mike Richards in 2011. And we discussed this a ton because you’re fixated on trading Nico. And I have said, who knows, maybe he does get traded at some point. Shocking left field trades happen. (They’re by nature unpredictable, so I don’t personally try to predict them.)

Hall got traded with 4 years left. He allegedly was in rehab and that was allegedly a big part of the reason why the Oilers dumped his ass (they aren’t the most empathetic supportive organization) but he got moved for a player with a great 5 year contract in place.

If you want to trade based around our 2022 1st+ for Laine, while I’m not particularly into that either, at least that’s a more realistic trade idea.

This thread is on page 17. There have been no rumors about Laine being shopped, much less rumors about us making inquiries. I don’t know what “due diligence” means there, but you have argued this particular trade proposal pretty long and hard. (It was started by Blue Jackets fan who wanted Mercer for him.)

You keep accusing other posters of all sorts of imaginary stances out of frustration:

No one says this? What high pick got us Dougie Hamilton? Fitz has made trades to improve the team for this season, we weren’t tanking. (And yes, I’ve heard that NHL-goaltending is an urban myth and our goalies have no effect on our situation.) You aren’t even talking about trading picks here and I don’t remember anyone saying the plan was go for a top 5 pick in 2022.

And I’m not going to even bother to dig through this comment because people, myself included, have explained why the teams you mentioned are different and your broad strokes show a willful ignorance about the recent history of all these teams, because they’re different. (I also don’t see how a Nico for Laine swap changes so fundamentally when Columbus has the same win % as Detroit, but ok.)

I’m sorry that people not agreeing with a imaginary trade proposal that won’t happen anyway is so frustrating for you.

Not agreeing with my point of view is fine, I couldn't care less really.

Not being a fan of moving current players to improve our team is also not that much of a concern to me because everyone has their opinion and that's ok.

You seem to be the one who's upset at the fact that I'm saying that Nico Hischier is good 2nd line center who I wouldn't hesitate moving since Mercer has the higher ceilling of the two and I've said so about 10 games in. You can just see that Mercer has that something that will make poeple say "Damn, how did this kid drop to 18th?". I see a lot of Claude Giroux in Mercer's game and as for Nico, I see a newer version of Travis Zajac with perhaps a little bit more offensive flair.

As for Fitz adding Hamilton, that a great move but are we banking on the fact that we'll be adding the biggest fish in the pond every summer? Which other team was rumoured to be in on Dougie? Who's out there that will want to join our team this summer, that will turn this sinking ship around? The answer to those questions is probably nobody, so we should concentrate on another market to improve our team and that's the trade market. We did a great job with Graves and Siegenthaler but if you can let me know if there's another expansion draft on the way, I'll gladly take your point into consideration and say "yeah, we might be able to squeeze out some solid forwards out of team x, y, z". We have Holtz that's marinating in Utica and he might be a key piece of our puzzle moving forward but should be no means be penciled in our top #6 for next year.

We're on page 17 of this thread because an unbias posted came up with a solid idea to make our team better and what it did is anger some, wake up others and confirm what some were saying for months now. If you don't like it and it get's you all touchy feely, for reasons you only know, you can just move on and continue talking about something else on another thread. I for one think it's a great idea and that's I choose to come in here to share my point of view... nobody is holding a gun to your head, asking you to come here and debate something you don't want to talk about.

I'm just letting you, as friend and fellow NJD fan!

Reactions: mdj12784

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
The fact no one would trade Nico for Laine. Only Columbus may be. This is the only real fact in this conversation. And your analogies and attempts to bring something under the narrative do not work.

How is that a fact? It's the opinion of several, which doesn't constitute any facts whatsoever.

You don't view Krejci as being somewhat similar to Hischier? Patrice Bergeron is a core piece for the Bruins, Krejci, not so much.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Lol that David Krejci wasn’t a core guy. Good luck winning a Stanley Cup in 2011 without him.

I said he was a key part of the Bruins and wasn't moved because they had no other options down the middle, and are still looking for his replacement as we speak.

If they had a Dawson Mercer in their lineup and had hot garbage on the wings, you don't think they would've considered moving Krejci, kowing he was their best trading chip to return someone solid to fill an area of weakness, while sliding their "Mercer" in that 2C role?

That's exactly our situation and yet, some, not all, are dead set on keeping every single one of our guys when we've been moving in quick sand for what is now a half a decade+. Yes, we'll talk about our crappy goaltenders as the main reason why we're not closer to the New York Rangers when there's a bunch of other variables we were complaining about earlier on in the year, as to why we couldn't close out games. If you don't believe me, just go back to what was being said in the months of October and November when we were actually getting solid goaltending from Bernier but crying a river that our PP and PK were sinking this team. You don't remember that cause I sure do.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
How is that a fact? It's the opinion of several, which doesn't constitute any facts whatsoever.

You don't view Krejci as being somewhat similar to Hischier? Patrice Bergeron is a core piece for the Bruins, Krejci, not so much.
Krejci wasnt get traded. Even when they didn`t play play off games in 2 years. They win the cup with him and they play 3 SCF with him. He was a giant part of Bruins playoff success. This example crushing your narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I said he was a key part of the Bruins and wasn't moved because they had no other options down the middle, and are still looking for his replacement as we speak.

If they had a Dawson Mercer in their lineup and had hot garbage on the wings, you don't think they would've considered moving Krejci, kowing he was their best trading chip to return someone solid to fill an area of weakness, while sliding their "Mercer" in that 2C role?

That's exactly our situation and yet, some, not all, are dead set on keeping every single one of our guys when we've been moving in quick sand for what is now a half a decade+. Yes, we'll talk about our crappy goaltenders as the main reason why we're not closer to the New York Rangers when there's a bunch of other variables we were complaining about earlier on in the year, as to why we couldn't close out games. If you don't believe me, just go back to what was being said in the months of October and November when we were actually getting solid goaltending from Bernier but crying a river that our PP and PK were sinking this team. You don't remember that cause I sure do.

Instead of thinking of hypothetical fantasies like this, why don't you think of situations where teams traded away centers and got better? They exist - the Penguins traded Jordan Staal and ended up winning the Cup 4 years later - but I wouldn't say it's because they did that that they did win the Cup, and they supposedly offered him an equivalent deal to what Carolina ultimately gave him. Where are the Cup winners who traded centers away, who really profited from their excess center depth? The Penguins have been rumored to trade Evgeni Malkin for 10 years and have not done it. Anaheim traded Sergei Fedorov away and won the Cup 18 months later, but Fedorov was on the decline.

Maybe I'm forgetting someone but I cannot remember a single team in the salary cap era trading a top center and winning a Stanley Cup soon thereafter. You can get weird cases like Thornton but that was 5 years away from Boston winning it all.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Krejci wasnt get traded. Even when they didn`t play play off games in 2 years. They win the cup with him and they play 3 SCF with him. He was a giant part of Bruins playoff success. This example crushing your narrative.

Man, reading comprehension is lacking around here.

He was a key part of that team, nobody is denying that. Are we on the same page so far? Yes… ok, let’s move on to the main point.

Krejci was never moved or even considered in any trades whatsoever because Boston had no other options down the middle to take his spot, which makes perfect sense, right? Now, if they had a young stud in their pipeline or their roster, whit several areas that needed improvement, I’m pretty sure they would’ve considered moving him, knowing they had a viable replacement while adding a key piece to strengthen an area of weakness.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Man, reading comprehension is lacking around here.

He was a key part of that team, nobody is denying that. Are we on the same page so far? Yes… ok, let’s move on to the main point.

Krejci was never moved or even considered in any trades whatsoever because Boston had no other options down the middle to take his spot, which makes perfect sense, right? Now, if they had a young stud in their pipeline or their roster, whit several areas that needed improvement, I’m pretty sure they would’ve considered moving him, knowing they had a viable replacement while adding a key piece to strengthen an area of weakness.
Are you serious? He was a giant part of their success. It is for the beggining.
And for your ending - they had it. They got Seguin. And trade him. And that was their great mistake. And Thornton trade before. What`s for they did trade their centers? For freakin what?
Just please. Stop. And don`t play in this game. You did take an extremely bad example. One of the worsest. Which only proves more that the Devils need to stay with Jack, Nico and Mercer.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Yes, I remember Bernier’s 8 starts. I feel like I’ve discussed our goaltending in detail before too.

I’m not sure that 3 starts in October (out of 7 games, with Wedge getting 2 & Daws getting 2), 4 starts in November (out of 13 games, with Blackwood getting the other 9 games) and his tragic one last game in December before he went away forever qualifies as getting solid starting goaltending for two months from Bernier. (I guess your definition of “full-time starter” is unique and special too.)

I’ve also discussed Blackwood’s injury related decline over this season a bunch but you’re clearly interested in some weird Whataboutism here rather than a discussion of specific facts.

And closer to the Rangers? Huh, wha? Shesterkin has a SV% of .938% and his Quality Start % is at a jaw dropping .800 (he’s had 24 quality starts out of 30, which is bonkers.) The dude is going to win the Vezina. Or does goaltending not matter? I keep forgetting…

I don’t even know what you think we’re debating, you’re just throwing everything and the kitchen sink at everyone. So people will want to trade Hischier more?

I’m not sure what the overall point is (and please stop with “I’m just pushing back against “generalizations about ‘The Board’s supposed shared bad takes’ because that simply doesn’t represent what other individuals actually say.

People stop looking for common ground in positions when you endlessly swing at them. If you want to be Mr Contrarian then people will point out the stances you endlessly pride yourself on pushing against don’t exist or are more nuanced then you admit. And poke at your comments. (Your Boston takes aren’t good btw but you keep swinging.)

Internet debating like this is kind of dumb, IMO. It endlessly goes in circles because people aren’t discussing anything in a constructive way. No one ever wins this.

QS -- Quality Starts
Starts with SV% > average SV% for the year, or at least 88.5% on nights with 20 or fewer shots against.
Developed by Rob Vollman in the Hockey Abstract.
QS% -- Quality Start Percentage
QS/GS
> 60% Good, < 50% Bad, ~53% League Avg
Developed by Rob Vollman in the Hockey Abstract

Igor Shesterkin Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

edit: weird multi-quote

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ok, trying to explain over and over and over and over and over and over and over that if a trade were to go down, it would come with an extension. You don't have to be a capologist or a GM to know that moving a guy on a long term deal for a pending RFA with a QO of 7.5M$, is a bad move. However, if a deal between the player and Fitz were to be agreed upon, like it's been suggested from the start, I don't see why it would be such a bad idea.

Which is just as unrealistic a hypothesis as most of the actual trades that get thrown around here. There’s no good reason to think Laine would - presuming he doesn’t want to sign in Columbus - turn around and sign with another non playoff team he’s never played with and has no apparent connection to before UFA. Nobody’s offered any explanation to why that would happen other than he wants to play with Hughes…to pile up stats for the contract he’s already signed before getting here?

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Which is just as unrealistic a hypothesis as most of the actual trades that get thrown around here. There’s no good reason to think Laine would - presuming he doesn’t want to sign in Columbus - turn around and sign with another non playoff team he’s never played with and has no apparent connection to before UFA. Nobody’s offered any explanation to why that would happen other than he wants to play with Hughes…to pile up stats for the contract he’s already signed before getting here?

Well there’s actually plenty of valid reasons as to why he would potential sign a deal with our team. If you’re open minded about it, you can come up with valid arguments but if you’re against it, you’ll set your mind for it not to happen, which seems to be the case here.

For starters, we would have the cap space necessary to give him the deal he wants. To follow that up, we also have a glaring need for a LW1/RW1, correct? As for him not wanting to sign with another non playoff team, he probably has the same reason(s) Dougie Hamilton had less than 6 months ago, right? Hamilton, who actually went from a legit contender to a bottom feeder was okay with it but Laine is going to have an issue going from Columbus to NJ? If anything, he should know that we’re a goaltender away from being a playoff team, which seems to be the narrative for the last couple of weeks, right?

Those are a couple of fairly obvious reasons why he would join our team, who many view as "on the rise". Having the opportunity to play with someone with the similar skill set to Scheiffle’s, in Jack Hughes, which saw him set career highs, is another reason why I think he would be more than willing to play for us.

With those points, if he were to analyze the pros and cons, I think we’d be one of the top teams on his list as to why we’d be a good fit for him.

Last edited:

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
I just came in here to say that I'm happy that this is still being discussed. As unlikely as it is to ever happen, this thread is enough to give me hope.

Would love to see him riding shotgun with Jack. Defense be damned!

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Are people saying nico is as good or better then krejic? I’m confused
It’s pretty confusing, but one poster is saying Krejci is another example of a non-core piece.

Considering Krejci led Boston in both points and goals in their 2011 Cup run, while tying Lucic for most points in the regular season, he seems kind of important then.

Krejci also led the team in points, and tied Bergeron for most goals, in 2013 playoffs when they lost to the Blackhawks in Finals. He was 2nd in points that season, behind Marchand.

He led the team in points in 2013-14 in the regular season.

He tied Bergeron for most points in 2009-10 in the regular season. (He had 8 points in 9 playoff games that season before dislocating his wrist against the Flyers.)

He scored less in his last few seasons, he was in his 30s with some really iffy linemates at times.

I’m not going to try to put this in any context (I didn’t start it). It was a weird attempt to come up with an example of “non-essential spare 2C” as if that’s a thing.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Not agreeing with my point of view is fine, I couldn't care less really.

Not being a fan of moving current players to improve our team is also not that much of a concern to me because everyone has their opinion and that's ok.

You seem to be the one who's upset at the fact that I'm saying that Nico Hischier is good 2nd line center who I wouldn't hesitate moving since Mercer has the higher ceilling of the two and I've said so about 10 games in. You can just see that Mercer has that something that will make poeple say "Damn, how did this kid drop to 18th?". I see a lot of Claude Giroux in Mercer's game and as for Nico, I see a newer version of Travis Zajac with perhaps a little bit more offensive flair.

As for Fitz adding Hamilton, that a great move but are we banking on the fact that we'll be adding the biggest fish in the pond every summer? Which other team was rumoured to be in on Dougie? Who's out there that will want to join our team this summer, that will turn this sinking ship around? The answer to those questions is probably nobody, so we should concentrate on another market to improve our team and that's the trade market. We did a great job with Graves and Siegenthaler but if you can let me know if there's another expansion draft on the way, I'll gladly take your point into consideration and say "yeah, we might be able to squeeze out some solid forwards out of team x, y, z". We have Holtz that's marinating in Utica and he might be a key piece of our puzzle moving forward but should be no means be penciled in our top #6 for next year.

We're on page 17 of this thread because an unbias posted came up with a solid idea to make our team better and what it did is anger some, wake up others and confirm what some were saying for months now. If you don't like it and it get's you all touchy feely, for reasons you only know, you can just move on and continue talking about something else on another thread. I for one think it's a great idea and that's I choose to come in here to share my point of view... nobody is holding a gun to your head, asking you to come here and debate something you don't want to talk about.

I'm just letting you, as friend and fellow NJD fan!
My man, you have several of the most knowledgeable and passionate posters on this board refuting all of the points you're attempting to make.

Take the L dog.

#pleasenolaine

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
People complain that we have bad defensive players and we need players that play better defense but then want Laine? I mean, I’d get it if he were scoring 40+ goals still, but he’s not. He’s only done that once (in his second season) and the only other time he’s paced 40 goals before this year was his rookie season.

There was a time where it looked like he was gonna be the closest thing to Ovechkin for a 90’s born player. I think only Ovechkin got to 100 goals faster than him out of anybody else in the last 20+ years or something. Now it’s turned out that it’s the guy that was drafted right in front of him at first overall (Auston Matthews) that looks like he’s the way better goal scorer.

I don’t even know if he would score 40 this year (and he likely won’t anyway because he won’t play enough games to be able to with the time he missed because of injury) or if maybe this is one of those “Market correction” years, being he only scored 12 goals in 46 games last year. Which is like he wasn’t as bad as he was at scoring goals last year and he’s also not as good this year as he has been at scoring goals.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For starters, we would have the cap space necessary to give him the deal he wants. To follow that up, we also have a glaring need for a LW1/RW1, correct? As for him not wanting to sign with another non playoff team, he probably has the same reason(s) Dougie Hamilton had less than 6 months ago, right? Hamilton, who actually went from a legit contender to a bottom feeder was okay with it but Laine is going to have an issue going from Columbus to NJ? If anything, he should know that we’re a goaltender away from being a playoff team, which seems to be the narrative for the last couple of weeks, right?

Those are a couple of fairly obvious reasons why he would join our team, who many view as "on the rise". Having the opportunity to play with someone with the similar skill set to Scheiffle’s, in Jack Hughes, which saw him set career highs, is another reason why I think he would be more than willing to play for us.

A) The first two are reasons why WE might want him, not reasons HE would sign here. Unless you think only teams who have cap space now would have it this or next offseason, which is not going to be the case.

B) Hamilton is a poor example because he got to free agency, he heard everyone’s offers. You can’t compare someone who got to FA with someone who’d be forgoing it entirely.

C) I like Jack but I don’t think he’s yet a reason why anyone (particularly a non American) would forgo a chance to possibly play with other, better centers. I doubt Laine knows Hughes from a hole in the wall yet.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021

If that’s a reference or a reason why we shouldn’t do it, it holds very little weight because this same board wanted to keep Parise at all cost, Larsson at all cost and now Hischier.

All of those players were deemed being our best players, or close to it, and none of them turned into the elite studs we thought we had. In fact, we were relieved we moved on after seeing them on other teams.

Again, Nico Hischier is a good but not great player, it’s just calling a spade a spade.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
If that’s a reference or a reason why we shouldn’t do it, it holds very little weight because this same board wanted to keep Parise at all cost, Larsson at all cost and now Hischier.

All of those players were deemed being our best players, or close to it, and none of them turned into the elite studs we thought we had. In fact, we were relieved we moved on after seeing them on other teams.

Again, Nico Hischier is a good but not great player, it’s just calling a spade a spade.
I don`t care about who wanna keep Parise, Larsson etc. It has nothing to do with this situation. And is not an argument. And these comparisons are completely inappropriate and do not work.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

But we automatically should hold your opinion as gospel when you wanted to sign Simmonds to a five year deal, trade Severson and a first for Subban and argued for other desperation moves like that. If you’re going to constantly attempt to play the whataboutism game with flawed, non contextual examples to tacitly claim the rest of us are just dumb homers it isn’t going to help convince anyone of your POV, only annoy them.

Basically 95% of the board loved the Larsson trade the minute it happened, most of the Larsson arguments around here weren’t about trading him (and nobody ever claimed he was remotely close to the best player on the team, come on), they were about playing him more. And when we did finally play him more he helped solidify a top pairing and we wound up getting more value in a trade than anticipated. People wanted to keep Parise ‘at any cost’ for the same reason nobody cared about Kovalchuk signing for 17 years, because we were a win now team and losing Parise was the first and biggest step towards fast forwarding us into irrelevance. It’s not as if he was a total bust when leaving either, it’s just his contract was way too long which everyone acknowledged at the time.

Last edited:

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
But we automatically should hold your opinion as gospel when you wanted to sign Simmonds to a five year deal, trade Severson and a first for Subban and argued for other desperation moves like that. If you’re going to constantly attempt to play the whataboutism game with flawed, non contextual examples to tacitly claim the rest of the board is dumb it isn’t going to help convince anyone of your POV, only annoy them.

Basically 95% of the board loved the Larsson trade the minute it happened, most of the Larsson arguments around here weren’t about trading him (and nobody ever claimed he was remotely close to the best player on the team, come on), they were about playing him more. And when we did finally play him more he helped solidify a top pairing and we wound up getting more value in a trade than anticipated. People wanted to keep Parise ‘at any cost’ for the same reason nobody cared about Kovalchuk signing for 17 years, because we were a win now team and losing Parise was the first and biggest step towards fast forwarding us into irrelevance. It’s not as if he was a total bust when leaving either, it’s just his contract was way too long which everyone acknowledged at the time.

I’ll admit, there’s certain proposals that I would take back, I have no shame in saying I was wrong a couple of times. Heck, there’s trades that GM’s make that would see them take a mulligan as well and they actually get paid the big bucks to make those calls, so to tell you the truth, I don’t feel bad at all.

With that said, overhyping players on our own team is something I never did but is something we see on a regular basis here, which I guess is normal since we’re on the NJD forum and every fanbase likes to pump their own tires a little more than their neighbours.

Nico Hischier isn’t anywhere close to elite, he "good". Those "good" players shouldn’t be made untouchables or off limits, regardless of where we picked them or if they have some added stiching on their jersey.

As for Larsson and Parise, our fanbase was dead set on pretending they were elite players when they weren’t. Everyone was happy with the Larsson deal because nobody in their right mind would’ve predicted we would’ve gotten Taylor Hall in a 1Vs1 trade. If a proposal would’ve been made on our board, you and several others would’ve said that was crazy talk. As for Parise, we should’ve traded him the second he didn’t want to commit long term but we did what we did best under Lou and that was losing key players for nothing.

Last edited:

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
As for Larsson and Parise, our fanbase was dead set on pretending they were elite players when they weren’t. Everyone was happy with the Larsson deal because nobody in their right mind would’ve predicted we would’ve gotten Taylor Hall in a 1Vs1 trade. If a proposal would’ve been made on our board, you and several others would’ve said that was crazy talk. As for Parise, we should’ve traded him the second he didn’t want to commit long term but we did what we did best under Lou and that was losing key players for nothing.
Just another terrible take - you trade Parise and there is no run to the cup finals, you know, the reason players and teams play the game.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
Just another terrible take after another - you trade Parise and there is no run to the cup finals, you know, the reason players and teams play the game.

Our cup run was a fluky as the one Montreal had last year, so please spare me this notion that we were this elite team with Parise when we weren’t. We walked in favorable situations round after round and because we lost Parise and Kovy for nothing, that was the main reason why Lou tried to patch job he did for what was 5 years and set us back yearssssss because of it.

I honestly ask myself if you really believe what you’re saying. Going on a fluke run doesn’t cement a team moving forward. It’s a nice story, I’ll admit to that but it gave false hope to an entire fanbase that views it just like you do and like Habs fans who were certain they’d be Cup contenders for years and now they’re about to pick top #3, 12 months later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad