Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I noticed this also and thought man, is coaching that easy. I think this was interview after the hatty game.
JETS @ RANGERS - MAR 06, 2018
At 1:55:20 he mentionens something like this.

Yep, that's the one. Thanks for posting it.

Quite posssible skating wasn't the ONLY issue discussed at the meeting. After all, skating has a purpose, and they could have talked about what purpose Laine should put his better skating to.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
So what kind of contract Laine will get? I mean, how much a perennial 50goal scorer usually makes, I guess quite a lot...

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Three weeks ago I thought Laine would end up with maybe 35 goals. 40 would've surprised me.

Now he's making a run at 50. Insane.

KB1971

Dec 15, 2017
Did anyone else notice 29 switch sticks before the PP and after (he scored)? First time I've noticed that, does he always switch sticks for the PP?

The kid has really picked up his play. Not just the goals, all over the ice. Everyone back at the Colony must be real proud.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Did anyone else notice 29 switch sticks before the PP and after (he scored)? First time I've noticed that, does he always switch sticks for the PP?

The kid has really picked up his play. Not just the goals, all over the ice. Everyone back at the Colony must be real proud.

He just gets a fresh stick to minimize the chance of breaking on the PP.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Assuming he's at his prime already, 55-60G in a crazy season should be possible, but you can't count on a crazy season like that ever happening.
Not a chance. Of course, anything can happen and everything can always go wrong for any one, but he's just not in prime yet this season.. Though hes taken some steps during this season.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

He just gets a fresh stick to minimize the chance of breaking on the PP.

I thought I read it somewhere it’s a different flex he uses when he is on the PP?

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I thought I read it somewhere it’s a different flex he uses when he is on the PP?

Not unless he started doing that suddenly. IIRC he said in an interview (the videos I translated way back) that he just gets a fresh stick and that's it.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Not a chance. Of course, anything can happen and everything can always go wrong for any one, but he's just not in prime yet this season.. Though hes taken some steps during this season.

Well I don't believe it at all, it was an assumption made in the sake of speculation :P

Btw. looking at top goal scorers, many of them seem to have that completely crazy 1 season that sticks out. Ovechkin has his 65 goal season, Stamkos scored 60 one year, Selänne had 76, Hull 86. What all of those have in common, no one came even close to those numbers before or ever since. Stamkos 2nd best season is 51, Ovechkin 56, Hull 72. Selänne 52 - though in Teemu's case it's skewed by the fact that he missed most of his 2nd season and after that it was all dead-puck era, so he had no realistic chance to replicate his rookie season.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Btw. I just realized by scoring his 40th goal this season, Laine's career totals are now at 76. Something about that number seems familiar :)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Looks like Ovie isn't scoring. One minute left. Ovie empty netter would suck here.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016

Yes, it has a different flex. I think it has a different length, too.
That's why he changed it back.

That was just speculation and when interviewed, Laine himself busted that theory.

He said that he only uses a new stick for PP to minimize the risk of breaking the stick. Same flex, same lentgh etc.

In the end it would make no sense to have a different stick for PP since it would handle differently.

Laine has a long, 87 flex stick with low kick. The same stick on ES, PP and would be on PK as well.

After the 40. goal (and maybe after other goals too) he might also want to just collect that stick, though this is just pure speculation by me.

Reactions: Ippenator

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
2S2Nf3F.png

Reactions: TiimuSeLaine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad