Player Discussion: Patrik Laine - MOD WARNING IN OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
This evening game is one of the most intriguing I can remember, Pate has opportunity make history, hopefully it's going to be one hell of a duel

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
This evening game is one of the most intriguing I can remember, Pate has opportunity make history, hopefully it's going to be one hell of a duel
I believe he won’t score but at the same time my gut feeling says that he do at least two. He is always at his best when **** get serious.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I believe he won’t score but at the same time my gut feeling says that he do at least two. He is always at his best when **** get serious.

exactly, can't wait what will happen. there is quite big opportunity the crown will be changed for good tonight. the clutch factor is there too as we know.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Ovechkin is not 30 years old. He is 32.

And your point? :) I'm aware of that.

Not even referring to Ovie

I'm referring to Laine needing that kind of production in the next 10 years to get to 600, starting next year.
And that is insane 52 goals avg for the next 10 years.

I'm we are putting Ovie in the conversation then, he started later so his 600 goals is freaking insane!

Reactions: ImGoingNucks

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
He is now sole 3rd in the all time teenager goal scoring with 77 goals, surpassing Gretzky and Bellows.

9 goals in 13 games is doable but his fire been burning for a while now. Hope he keeps it up til JUNE.

9 goals to 50 goals and to take sole possesion above Hawerchuck for 2nd all time behind the great carson.

Nice number to target!

Go Laine.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Ovechkin was on fire, frankly first half of the game looked like Laine was just in awe to play against him, or maybe it was being nervous, or he just had an off game, but whatever the reason, it didn't look that good. He picked his game up as the game went on, but wasn't a great game by Laine compared to his recent play.

I don't know, but at least the feeling I got was this was an Ovechkin-fan Laine playing against the man himself - sure he faced him last season already, but Ovechkin was having a bad season by his standards and it was different than facing a Rocket-race leading Ovechkin who is in top form and who you are actually competing against for the award. Maybe it's just me, but that's the feeling I got. That Ovechkin was on fire and seemed to be out there to prove a point just made Laine look even more like a fanboy - I just didn't see the same kind of hunger in his game Ovechkin had, or like Laine himself has had for these past 10+ games. Their lines were matched up against each other a lot, and at times, especially early in the game, it almost looked like Laine was out there going "wow, I'm playing against Ovie, wow he's so good OMG" :D Which was kinda cute and a nice reminder it's not that long ago this kid was watching youtube videos of #8. But I hope this was the game that got that out his system and he can leave his fanboy days behind him and step on the same level as the man himself and compete as peers. Or maybe this narrative is all in my head and he's doing that already and this just simply wasn't the best game for him...

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Btw. watching 32-year Ovechkin goal celebrations, you can see how much he still wants to score and how good it makes him feel. It's like watching a 5-year old kid go "yay, I did it myself, I'm the best!" :D I think you need that to score 600 and Selänne for example was like that as well. Laine likes to play it down and act cool, but I bet he feels it too. He doesn't have to act on it but he also shouldn't supress it too much, be all mature if you like but hold onto that feeling, keep a place for it and use it to win hockey games.

Reactions: Ippenator and FVM

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Btw. watching 32-year Ovechkin goal celebrations, you can see how much he still wants to score and how good it makes him feel. It's like watching a 5-year old kid go "yay, I did it myself, I'm the best!" :D I think you need that to score 600 and Selänne for example was like that as well. Laine likes to play it down and act cool, but I bet he feels it too. He doesn't have to act on it but he also shouldn't supress it too much, be all mature if you like but hold onto that feeling, keep a place for it and use it to win hockey games.
Look at his rookie season he showed alot more joy. Maybe he was told to tone it down..apparantly cellys are being looked down upon for being disrespectful but personally i dont agree to that..no celly = it was easy and nothing to cheer about basically saying the team was trash ^^ anyways laine loves to score that much i know.

Insthofen

Dec 2, 2016
I cant comprehend how lethal Laine's wrister is when he has a clear shot. And why he cant do just that in the shootouts.

He clearly deceives the the goalies, and has a mental upper hand when facing them with the puck.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I cant comprehend how lethal Laine's wrister is when he has a clear shot. And why he cant do just that in the shootouts.

He clearly deceives the the goalies, and has a mental upper hand when facing them with the puck.

He could and I'm sure we'll see some nice wristers in shootouts at some point, but on the other hand he has a pretty good record basically using only that one move :D He tried something else a couple times but I think he's only managed to score with that signature move this far... though he did hit a post with his semi-Forsberg or whatever deke it was he did one time. He had the goalie out but just failed to slide the puck, bumped it into the post instead.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Look at his rookie season he showed alot more joy. Maybe he was told to tone it down..apparantly cellys are being looked down upon for being disrespectful but personally i dont agree to that..no celly = it was easy and nothing to cheer about basically saying the team was trash ^^ anyways laine loves to score that much i know.

He does show a very bright smile after scoring a really nice one. I remember one cannon of a shot in particular where he was absolutely beaming afterwards. So was Buff and pretty much the full PP unit, it was just one of those shots. Even Laine seemed to be in awe of what he just did :)

I guess if his "regular" goes feel routine to him that's not a bad place to be either... "another shot, another goal, what's the big deal, I always score these."

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
He does show a very bright smile after scoring a really nice one. I remember one cannon of a shot in particular where he was absolutely beaming afterwards. So was Buff and pretty much the full PP unit, it was just one of those shots. Even Laine seemed to be in awe of what he just did :)

I guess if his "regular" goes feel routine to him that's not a bad place to be either... "another shot, another goal, what's the big deal, I always score these."
Yeah perhaps he only celebrates the highlight ones now which is still the majority of his goals by far^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->