Patrik Elias Appreciation Thread

TaiMaiShu

Aug 12, 2005
Got my Brodeur jersey right before our cup in 2000, Stevens jersey after 2003 right before the lockout, and my Elias jersey after he signed his big deal with his captaincy. Couldn't be more proud to own these jerseys. Really pulling for Henrique/Schneider/Larsson to be my next three.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Any one else pump to see what Elias has to say about all this Kovy crap. I always thought Elias wasn't a fan of Kovy.

NJDevils7

Feb 13, 2007
New York
Much needed. Its too hard to find loyalty in hockey these days. The Devils have been the biggest victim. We have lost Holik, Gomez, Niedermeyer Rafalski, Gionta, Martin, Parise, Clarkson, and now Kovalchuk. In recent years, we have seen Naslund, Modano, Sundin, Iginla, and Alfredsson leave their career-long teams.

We need to appreciate the true loyal Devils. Dano, Marty, Patty, and even Sarge. #26 will be in the rafters one day.

"Thank you Patty" should be chanted loud on opening night.

tumblr_m4uif9oho51rpolg0o1_1280.jpg

NJ11

Apr 18, 2006
To me Elias is everything Kovy will never be:

- Loyal, classy, Elite 2 way hockey player

- #26 will hang in the rafters, #17 will not

- If the people who vote have closely watched him play, and have seen how brilliant Elias is in EVERY aspect of the game - he will be in the Hall of Fame where he deserves to be - and Kovy will not...

Thank you Patrik Elias, long been my favorite player in the NHL - hope you have many more years in the league.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Much needed. Its too hard to find loyalty in hockey these days. The Devils have been the biggest victim. We have lost Holik, Gomez, Niedermeyer Rafalski, Gionta, Martin, Parise, Clarkson, and now Kovalchuk. In recent years, we have seen Naslund, Modano, Sundin, Iginla, and Alfredsson leave their career-long teams.

We need to appreciate the true loyal Devils. Dano, Marty, Patty, and even Sarge. #26 will be in the rafters one day.

Does anyone have this picture bigger? I'd love to have it for my desktop.

DevilChuk*

Same here. He also started this trend of people in our organization leaving to ''Go home''. I don't count Rafalski, because I don't think he wanted to leave.

Whoever came up with this idea of free agency should be shot :laugh:

We're too good at developing stars (obviously not including Kovy here).. it's not fair :cry:

4check22

Jul 19, 2003
Karl Spackler's hovel
For me, it has always been Claude Lemieux, Scott Stevens, and Patrik Elias . . . talk about 1 of these things is not like the other :)

I think it is because we had the chance to see him grow up and mature in the same sweater. He was so cocky and carefree with Petr and Jason for those glory years of offensive freedom on the Devils. Then he seemed like the boss nobody wanted while he was wearing the C. I think that changed him alot, and I know Lou was always very supportive during those times. There is NO QUESTION that Patty is the most respected non-goalie on this team, and the guy still has the speed, quickness, and skill to be a ppg type of guy on most teams not located in New Jersey. I think that is why I love Patty the most: he doesn't want to leave the Devs, and he doesn't want to retire at the end of this new deal.

Awesome player. Definitely up on Mt. Devilsmore when he retires.

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
I needed a new jersey (no pun intended) for this season, and it was a toss up between Elias and Kovalchuk. I made the right call.

Alain Racette

Jun 18, 2005
I was so tempted to start a Patrik Elias appreciation thread after hearing of the whole Kovalchuk think.

Patty is the man. True loyalty to the organization. And someone who I think is always lost in the shuffle is Sergei Brylin... honoured every contract signed with the Devils and played his role well. He deserves an honourable mention as well.

slammer

Oct 28, 2010
Hessen
I know whose jersey I'm buying to replace Kovalchuk's.

Thank you Patrik Elias for being the model of team loyalty in the modern NHL.

THIS is the best idea i read today. THANKS! :handclap::handclap:

I am glad Patty is the loyality in person...cause, with Kovi being ONE of the reasons becoming a devils fan and now gone...I am glad one of the other reasons, ELIAS, is still there :handclap:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
And someone who I think is always lost in the shuffle is Sergei Brylin... honoured every contract signed with the Devils and played his role well. He deserves an honourable mention as well.

Brylin is what everybody hopes a Russian player will be like. What Kovalchuk just did is everybody's greatest fear about Russian players.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
patty? wheres marty's thread? if ANYONE has earned the right to leave and go chase one more championship, its marty. hell, ‘marty to the habs’ kinda writes itself. thanks patty, but thanks marty

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
The only jerseys I own are still my Rafalski and my team USA Martin. I'll never wear the Martin again, but I think enough time has passed that I can wear Rafalski again.

Glad I got my Elias jersey, and his captain jersey to boot.. Maybe he should have been our captain all along

It was just yesterday you complimented my Kovalsuck shirt, but warned it was a little risky. Who knew it would have been because of these circumstances.

I have now deemed it safe to get a proper Elias jersey with an 'A' on the front.

Brodeur authentic and replica Elias with authentic stitching for the name and numbers. That's all I need.

Patrik Elias, you, sir, are the greatest forward in the history of this great, albeit sometimes troubled franchise. You deserve to have your number in the rafters once you hang 'em up. Your loyalty to the Devils has been unwavering, and your on-ice prowess is that of a potential HOF'er. **** anyone who says otherwise.

26 - 30 - 27 - 3 - 4

When Marty and Elias are gone, those five numbers hanging from the Rock's ceiling will be a reminder of the glory years. Perfect.

DevilsJunkie

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest Little City
The only customized Devils sweater I've ever owned, and still have, is Brylin's. Next will be Elias'.

Oh yeah, I agree, Elias for President (in 3 years). He'd be terrific.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I have:

Marty Red Jersey
Parise Red & Green Jersey
Parise Team USA Jersey
Parise Autographed Player Shirt
Kovalchuk Player Shirt

Was thinking about going with Henrique or Larsson with the next one, I might go with Zubrus though.

For some reason I really wanted to get a Dean McAmmond jersey when he was here.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

God I forgot how much of a psycho Dano looked like. I've gotten used to clean cut studio Dano.

I would be really down with a Thank you Patty chant all season after everyone of his goals.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
patty was a hair away from signing with the rags btw...we just gave him a NMC.

not taking anything away from patty, just goes to show how one little thing can change a teams course forever

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad