Patrik Elias Appreciation Thread

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Marty, Patty, Dano... big hugs. Real big hugs for you.
Stuck with a team and were the backbone to many championships. Just the tops, those guys.

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009
Patty Elias is a fine hockey player and gentlemen. I feel honored to have watched him play his career in a Devils sweater.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I need one too, because suddenly the one I got to replace my Parise sweater is no longer useful. Patty better be in the Hall of Fame.

DevilChuk*

Yeah, I need an Elias jersey.

I have a Parise jersey (coincidentally bought the day of Kovalchuk's press conference).

I tried bringing it to a game this year to get it changed to a Kovalchuk but didn't realize I'd have to take the nameplate off myself.

Was going to bring it to the draft and change it to a Kovalchuk then.. but forgot.

At least I'll have a nice looking Elias jersey now :laugh:

Kinda too scared to even consider getting a Henrique.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we just clone Patty? That replaces most of Kovalchuk right there.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The lesson here is after a Marty jersey we all should of been investing in Elias jerseys and not all these other players. For SHAME on all of us.

I have 2 (formerly 3) :D

The only Kovy jersey I have was free. And won from a dumb bet made by a Minnesota Wild fan. Perhaps I go rub in how much money he wasted again.... might make me feel better.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clone Zubrus a couple times too. I've always wanted a bottom 6 of Zubri.

Another Zubrus or Elias would make us much better. I'm talking an exact clone though, no poor mans replacement like Matteau or Boucher.

I'm kinda intrigued by Boucher now though. I'm warming up to the idea of him playing in the NHL. Better than the insanity that is trying Tedenby too many times hoping for a different result.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Another Zubrus or Elias would make us much better. I'm talking an exact clone though, no poor mans replacement like Matteau or Boucher.

I'm kinda intrigued by Boucher now though. I'm warming up to the idea of him playing in the NHL. Better than the insanity that is trying Tedenby too many times hoping for a different result.
I don't want to rush Boucher. I'd rather see if he can tear up the AHL first.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't want to rush Boucher. I'd rather see if he can tear up the AHL first.

I don't wanna either. I just wanna be able to ice the best lineup as possible, and I'm not sure what our options are if we don't make one more signing of Jagr, Grabo, Brunner.

Trying Tedenby out has become insanity. Of course just making a signing of one of those guys will be the best option if possible.

I have Schneider in mind here. If we are uncompetitive for 2 years then no way he wants to re sign.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Good thing I didn't send my Parise jersey to get fixed yet. Not i have to send 3 (Kovalduck, Parise, 2000 all-star to make Marty)
The only jerseys I own are still my Rafalski and my team USA Martin. I'll never wear the Martin again, but I think enough time has passed that I can wear Rafalski again.

DevilChuk*

Good thing I didn't send my Parise jersey to get fixed yet. Not i have to send 3 (Kovalduck, Parise, 2000 all-star to make Marty)

The guys that do name plate changes must be ecstatic. Must be hilarious to see name plates flood in after something like this.

Game Breaker

May 10, 2007
West Hollywood, CA
The only jerseys I own are still my Rafalski and my team USA Martin. I'll never wear the Martin again, but I think enough time has passed that I can wear Rafalski again.

It was just yesterday you complimented my Kovalsuck shirt, but warned it was a little risky. Who knew it would have been because of these circumstances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad