Patrick Stewart to reprise role as Star Trek's Jean-Luc Picard

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I got CBS All Access on a week long free trial to watch the Champion's League final and I just finished Picard. I have to say I enjoyed it. The story was pretty good, the effects were good and the casting was pretty good. During the final episode I was thinking "OK, they've got half a good crew here" and then of course the very end pretty much made that reality. Not a fan of the Agnes Jurati character, or at least the actress playing the performance. Raffi is a bit much too. Still Picard, with say Seven as his Riker, Soji, Rios and Elnor and you only need another crew member or two. A new ship would be nice as well. Plenty of potential story lines within the crew and within the universe they could do too. Curious as to what season two brings.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Need to do a flashback showcasing how Picard and Seven know each other so well after she came back with Voyager.

Also was it just me or was how "flamboyant" she seemed jarring, considering how she struggled to regain her humanity for years, I know this show is years later and she's had a chance to grow, but still.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Need to do a flashback showcasing how Picard and Seven know each other so well after she came back with Voyager.

Also was it just me or was how "flamboyant" she seemed jarring, considering how she struggled to regain her humanity for years, I know this show is years later and she's had a chance to grow, but still.

They gotta get that LGBTQ+ representation in. I could see her exploring her humanity that way, but it did feel detached from her development on Voyager.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Yeah, like it was a completely new character. This show was not great about staying consistent with TNG or Voyager or even itself in that matter and needed the make a statement. It's interesting because as forward-thinking as Star Trek was, I don't recall many gay characters. This seems really forced on us.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I saw the news about Q and the teaser a couple of days ago and didn't even have the interest to click on it.
So any improvement with this series? Or potential for improvement?

Gave up on Discovery ever becoming anything but a bad joke

If you're asking if Season 1 was better than Discovery, not really, IMO. In some ways, it was (ex. Picard is a much better lead than Burnham and none of the characters are as annoying as Tilly). In other ways, though, it was even more irritating (ex. Picard being a shadow of himself, like Luke in TLJ). As for potential for improvement, while it could certainly be better, I can't see how the show can truly be salvaged after what they did with the character at the end of Season 1.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Can't see myself bothering with any of season 2 after not finishing season 1.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Back then i was tryng to watch that series with him, two reasons why i fail at it - extremly shitty cgi, and the general ridiculousness of everything in the plot, it was pretty hard to take serious

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Another season to further emasculate the title character.

Bonus, we get to be lectured to and have our intelligence insulted while simultaneously being forced to ignore reality.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
QbQrOa.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad