Patrick Stewart to reprise role as Star Trek's Jean-Luc Picard

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Would have to be set well after the end of even Voyager... right?

Yes... duh, because Voyager ends before Nemesis takes place.

So who knows.

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
Yeah you would think Picard would be an Admiral by now. A Star Fleet Academy plotline on Earth might not be exciting enough. It would have to be a deep space adventure. Maybe they bring him out of retirement to fight the Borg again (he would be an expert at that).

I think Walton Goggins would play a good Q.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
My nerd senses are tingling and erect.

I grew up on TNG. Sounds cool to me.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Yeah you would think Picard would be an Admiral by now. A Star Fleet Academy plotline on Earth might not be exciting enough. It would have to be a deep space adventure. Maybe they bring him out of retirement to fight the Borg again (he would be an expert at that).

I think Walton Goggins would play a good Q.

Like with Kirk and his relief at being demoted back down to captain after he blew up the Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D :sarcasm:), it's been subtly hinted that Picard has done everything he could to avoid a promotion that would saddle him with a desk job.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
CBS and people behind the debacle that is Star Tre: Discovery having role in crafting this makes me already think it will be abomination that destroys the legacy of TNG and Picard

Piss off CBS

Reactions: johnjm22

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Um didn't watch Discovery due to having to sign up for another service and the shitty pilot.

Picard.... take my money now CBS!. Patrick Stewart is the best lead the series ever had IMO. Please get a decent writer!

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Like with Kirk and his relief at being demoted back down to captain after he blew up the Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D :sarcasm:), it's been subtly hinted that Picard has done everything he could to avoid a promotion that would saddle him with a desk job.

Indeed.

James T. Kirk said:
Well let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
This could be a very interesting star trek show. I hope it's having to deal with alot of the fallout of the Dominion war and how the galaxy evolved after that. Seeing how/if the cardassians recovered, and whether or not the entire alliance held togethor would be fun. I'm also probably in the minority on this but I hope he is an admiral by now and not a captain.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
He's the best character in Star Trek and deserves a better send off than Nemesis but yeah I'm not sure if the guys behind Discovery can give him that.

Reactions: Moon Man

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
This is only loosely related, but recently I had been wondering how for a character with a French name they cast a classical British guy, so decided to look into it a little.

Looks like Gene Roddenberry wanted another Kirk type, his ideal was someone "masculine, virile, and had a lot of hair". Patrick Stewart was initially under consideration for the Data role, and Roddenberry's first choice for Picard was this guy Stephen Macht:

330px-Stephen_Macht_1981.jpg

The other decision makers in producing/casting though immediately saw that Stewart was perfect for Picard, but took weeks to convince Roddenberry of this. What an alternate reality that would be where a guy like Macht was Captain Picard and Patrick Stewart played Data!

Reactions: Supermassive

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Call me cynical, but I'm afraid that Kurtzman is just using him to jump start a new series. I can see his ultimate plan being a new series with the Enterprise (after all, he's shoehorned it into Discovery), with a new Captain, and using Picard to rope in us nostalgic fans for the first season. He'll then kill him off (which is really what I'm afraid of) and have his First Officer take command, betting on us having grown to like him or her enough to accept the transition and keep watching the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moon Man

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Call me cynical, but I'm afraid that Kurtzman is just using him to jump start a new series. I can see his ultimate plan being a new series with the Enterprise (after all, he's shoehorned it into Discovery), with a new Captain, and using Picard to rope in us nostalgic fans for the first season. He'll then kill him off (which is really what I'm afraid of) and have his First Officer take command, betting on us having grown to like him or her enough to accept the transition and keep watching the series.

If the new cast and show are good then I don't have a problem with that. Have to see what Stewart commits to but hell, what is he doing. I'm sure you will get some cameo's from the rest of TNG cast, they are not doing much.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
This is only loosely related, but recently I had been wondering how for a character with a French name they cast a classical British guy, so decided to look into it a little.

Looks like Gene Roddenberry wanted another Kirk type, his ideal was someone "masculine, virile, and had a lot of hair". Patrick Stewart was initially under consideration for the Data role, and Roddenberry's first choice for Picard was this guy Stephen Macht:

330px-Stephen_Macht_1981.jpg

The other decision makers in producing/casting though immediately saw that Stewart was perfect for Picard, but took weeks to convince Roddenberry of this. What an alternate reality that would be where a guy like Macht was Captain Picard and Patrick Stewart played Data!

Stewart actually did a reading for the part with a hair piece on. Would have fit right in with Shatner.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If the new cast and show are good then I don't have a problem with that. Have to see what Stewart commits to but hell, what is he doing. I'm sure you will get some cameo's from the rest of TNG cast, they are not doing much.
Yes because Kurtzman has a great track record of top quality story and character writing...

Puck

Ninja
Jun 10, 2003
Ottawa
I thought of that too. Except the pitch to Stewart could have been he can stay as long as he wants but if the series is successful and he wishes to drop out after a few years he could do so. 'Admiral' Picard could serve more as the wise counsellor and mentor to a new ship's Captain and the Picard role could be deleted later if the series lasts longer than Stewart is interested in.

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I'm soooo f***ing in. Scrap discovery, THIS is your flag ship trek series.

giphy.gif

THERE ARE 4 LIGHTS MOTHA HUBBARDS!

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

The first officer checking off as many victim cards as possible because politics.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
As far as who else from that crew to bring back?

Data? No
Counceler troy? No
Will riker? Yes
Worf? Yes. f*** those new klingons btw.
Geordi? Yes
Crusher? On the fence
Wesley? No
Guinine? f*** no.

Heck bring back a few from both ds9 and voyager to round it out.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yes because Kurtzman has a great track record of top quality story and character writing...

I never watched Discovery outside of the pilot which I though was trash and wouldn't pay for CBS. With Stewart in it I will and if the show is good even if he leaves who knows. Just having him back would be good but let's not forget... many of the TNG movies were trash. Most would say all outside of First Contact but I didn't mind it. The banter and familiar crew with a bigger budget were always fun. They could never nail down a good story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->