Patrick Stewart to reprise role as Star Trek's Jean-Luc Picard

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The only good ST time travel episode in the last 30 years were Far Beyond the Stars and Past Tense (Both episodes)

Prove me wrong.

Cause and Effect
Tapestry
Parallels
All Good Things...

All came out within the last 30 years :)

I actually enjoyed Twilight, which was the Enterprise episode where Archer has no memory of the past and is being taken care of by T'Pol, but I'm not sure I can justify it as proving you wrong. I guess it's more of a timeline reset episode anyway.

I'm not thrilled with it being a time travel story either, but I'm still looking forward to more time with Picard and Seven.

Reactions: RobBrown4PM

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Trailer looks terrible. Something either out of a video game or a one off from the Malibu Comics 90s run involving Picard or the Holodeck.

My prediction is the viewership is going to be awful and they'll either pad it or it will be "successful" compared to the other junk they have on that streaming service.

The problem with new Trek is the writers don't write for the fanbase, they actually despise the legacy fans. So what happens is it's almost like WWE-style where cannon and themes are constantly modified or reused in the near future because the creators don't care.

What I mean is in WWE when they have a big match and then redo it 3-4 years later because they think no one will remember or the newer fans haven't seen it. So with Time Travel, they don't care that Abrams did it in 2009 or Discovery just did it yet alone Picard did in in 1996 and Janeway did it every other week in the late 90s.

I know saying "it's not Star Trek" will anger the more open part of the fanbase but it literally looks like any Marvel/DC/SciFi show trope rather than Star Trek. I can totally see for example X-Men team member has trauma and wishes it away, omnipotent being snaps a finger to alternate universe and teaches entire team a lesson.

As of now I'm not going to even bother watching. Hard pass.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Trailer looks terrible. Something either out of a video game or a one off from the Malibu Comics 90s run involving Picard or the Holodeck.

My prediction is the viewership is going to be awful and they'll either pad it or it will be "successful" compared to the other junk they have on that streaming service.

The problem with new Trek is the writers don't write for the fanbase, they actually despise the legacy fans. So what happens is it's almost like WWE-style where cannon and themes are constantly modified or reused in the near future because the creators don't care.

What I mean is in WWE when they have a big match and then redo it 3-4 years later because they think no one will remember or the newer fans haven't seen it. So with Time Travel, they don't care that Abrams did it in 2009 or Discovery just did it yet alone Picard did in in 1996 and Janeway did it every other week in the late 90s.

I know saying "it's not Star Trek" will anger the more open part of the fanbase but it literally looks like any Marvel/DC/SciFi show trope rather than Star Trek. I can totally see for example X-Men team member has trauma and wishes it away, omnipotent being snaps a finger to alternate universe and teaches entire team a lesson.

As of now I'm not going to even bother watching. Hard pass.

It's a bubble gum dumbed-down version of Star Trek for all to enjoy.!

at least they understand their writing for the 1st season sucked and this is much easier to deal with

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad