Value of: Patrick Kane

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
A whole lot of trash for the best winger this decade?

If you don’t know how good Studnicka projects to be maybe just stop posting your ignorance.

Im not even saying that offer works but Studnicka isn’t trash and everyone will know this soon enough

Reactions: go4hockey

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Will never happen, but from Boston I would give:

Studnicka
Vaakanainen
1st 2021
Moore (cap dump)
Ritchie (cap dump for Boston, but also an asset to Chi)

for

Kane ($1.5 million retained)

This would definitely make Boston one of the top 2-3 favorites for the Cup again.

Correct. Because Chicago blocks Boston's number pretty quickly.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
If you don’t know how good Studnicka projects to be maybe just stop posting your ignorance.

Im not even saying that offer works but Studnicka isn’t trash and everyone will know this soon enough

Therein lies the problem. Chicago would want proven assets. They'd ask for Pastrnak at minimum. Obviously Boston would say no.

But the point is Chicago would never trade him for futures. And trading Toews or Kane also = fans bailing. Business wise, I don't think they'd do it.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
If they don't have another cup run in them (and I don't think they do), then Chicago should trade them for future assets while they still have very high value. You won't get squat for 'em in 2022, in my opinion.

Start building for when Dach hits his prime.

Reactions: ugghhh

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Therein lies the problem. Chicago would want proven assets. They'd ask for Pastrnak at minimum. Obviously Boston would say no.

But the point is Chicago would never trade him for futures. And trading Toews or Kane also = fans bailing. Business wise, I don't think they'd do it.

So why even post in the thread?

the theory is clearly the Hawks go full rebuild and thus, trade their veterans.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Won't happen especially in-division, buuuut

Burakovsky (4.9M)
EJ (6.0M)
Newhook
1st
Jost

Is a kind of package the Avs could offer. Would only happen after this season/pre-expansion. But again, won't happen.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Pulock, Beauvillier, Wahlstrom, 2021 1st

Chicago would also have to take Boychuk or Ladd to offset salary.

This actually seems like a decent offer, but either of those cap dumps probably kills the deal (short of the Isles throwing something else into the heap for the pleasure)

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Would love him in Columbus but I don’t think we have assets that Chicago will consider sufficient to trade him.

However, just to try I’d offer
Columbus 1st
Liam Foudy
No retention.

The problem is that even with the current cap space we have I don’t know if we can afford Kane without retention.

Would at minimum need to be Texier instead of Foudy, and I don’t even think that (Texier + 1st) would be enough.

I do wonder if something around Bjorkstrand + 1st could be a base (even though he’s only making $2.5M, I think that’d be enough to free up to make it be able to work for us from a cap perspective) but I’m not sure if he’d be quite young enough for what Chicago is trying to do with the rebuild. Maybe add another good but not great prospect like Voronkov too. This is of course with no retention by Chicago.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Would love him in Columbus but I don’t think we have assets that Chicago will consider sufficient to trade him.

However, just to try I’d offer
Columbus 1st
Liam Foudy
No retention.

The problem is that even with the current cap space we have I don’t know if we can afford Kane without retention.

And more importantly I’m not sure he’d waive to Columbus.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Won't happen especially in-division, buuuut

Burakovsky (4.9M)
EJ (6.0M)
Newhook
1st
Jost

Is a kind of package the Avs could offer. Would only happen after this season/pre-expansion. But again, won't happen.

Correct

The hawks would ask for a Byram (and rightfully so) if they are facing Kane in the division for three years.

Also, hawks would probably retain a good chunk of $.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You don't get Kane without Cozens. Sorry.

Not happening.

Whrn has a 30+ player gotten a top 10 pick who hasn’t started his career yet

NOBODY will trade you a top 10 pick prospect.

At this point...

This season any trade needs to be cap neutral unless he goes to a rebuilding team. Nobody has the cap space.

In 21 with 2 yrs left the best return he gets is a 1-2+ b prospect+ salary back or retention.

Reactions: wintersej

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Kane is an incredible player. But contracts like his are very difficult to move and get fair value for. If Chi was going to eat a good portion they’d get some good young pieces and an even up cap hit roster player.

Picks and prospects..yes.

No recent top 10 picks under 23

If he says I will only go to buffalo...you are screwed.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not happening.

Whrn has a 30+ player gotten a top 10 pick who hasn’t started his career yet

NOBODY will trade you a top 10 pick prospect.

At this point...

This season any trade needs to be cap neutral unless he goes to a rebuilding team. Nobody has the cap space.

In 21 with 2 yrs left the best return he gets is a 1-2+ b prospect+ salary back or retention.
We'd be glad to take a short term dump to make money work. (1-2 years remaining) but we have to get premium ELC talent in return.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
With Chicago anounced rebuild mode, are they now ready to trade Kane? I bet, he wouldn't mind to win another cup or two. And I bet, there are a few teams, that wouldn't mind to get him. Say, Columbus - they have enough space for him.
Kane's not leaving Chicago to go to Columbus.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014

This is ludicrous. Pastrnak is as good or better than Kane right now, nearly 8 years younger, far less expensive, and signed for just as long.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Okay. Let me rephrase.

The Hawks would need a huge haul coming back for Kane. It's not impossible he gets traded. Just unlikely due to business reasons.

So possible. But unlikely.
Ok, agreed. A huge haul, but of proven pieces? Kind of defeats the idea of trading him to improve the rebuild, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad