Value of: Patrick Kane

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Patrick Kane, 10.5 million, 3 years left. It's not a bad contract, it's not a steal of a contract, it's just what he's worth.

You're probably getting a point per game guy over the next 3 seasons. He should be above point per game next season, and maybe for all 3 seasons.

He's worth a good haul.

Young player/prospect, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick.

He's not 22-25 and on an ELC so he's not going to command some ridiculous return of multiple 1st round picks and blue chip prospects but prospect, 1st, 2nd is good.

His salary is also dropping off quite a bit while his cap hit is high so a team like Florida might take a big swing at him

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Kane is old and getting older by the day. We arent talking prime Kane by any stretch.

Kane put up 110P the previous year. He put up 84 this year.

194P in his last 151G. He has 3 years remaining on his contract.

This bullshit approach you’re taking here to try and devalue him by saying he’s getting older and is no longer in his prime, is nonsense. He’ll be 34 when his contract is up and will still produce at a PPG level.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He's worth a good haul.

Young player/prospect, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick.
You call that a good haul? Shittier players have been traded for close to that over the last few years. That’s hot garbage for Kane, who’s still one of the very best players in the league.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
You call that a good haul? Shittier players have been traded for close to that over the last few years. That’s hot garbage for Kane, who’s still one of the very best players in the league.
yet Marner is a cap dump even tho he is younger. Go look at what people will pay for Marner and subtract

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
so what's he worth then?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Any chance that Kane would agree to be moved to his hometown Buffalo Sabres?

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Sorry your team is rebuilding
Sorry your best assets are getting older
Sorry there is a flat cap so returns are going to be very low(even for elite player)

I’ve been to 3 cup parades pretty recently. I have no issue watching my team rebuild. Save your sorry’s for another fan base, goofball.

Sorry that fans’ pathetic attempts to devalue an elite winger putting up well above PPG the last 2 seasons IN HIS PRIME AT 31 (and only signed 3 more years) are being called out for the bs that they are.

This is a waste of time with you armchair GM’s offering lowball offers and trying to justify it, so I said what I said.

Last edited:

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
WTF does Marner have to do with Kane?
a fair amount in that they are comparable players in style and talent. Considering Marner is younger, I was using the perceived HF value of Marner to attach a value to an older Marner=Kane

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
a fair amount in that they are comparable players in style and talent. Considering Marner is younger, I was using the perceived HF value of Marner to attach a value to an older Marner.
Stop hijacking this thread and trying to make it about Marner’s perceived value. Go whine about that on your Leafs board or something.
giphy.gif

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Dustin Brown
Valardi
Kupari
1st ( 2021 or 2022 draft LA choice ) or
Tkachuk or
Huberdeau+Weeger or
Eriksson Ek
Greenway
Dumba

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
If buffalo didn't have skinner's dumpster of a contract, I'd trade for Kaner in a heartbeat.

Okposo ( cap )
Jack Quinn ( Blue Chip )
Mittlestadt ( Boom or Bust )
Johnson / Samuelsson ( Both Projected Top 4 Defensive D-men)
2021 1st + 2nd

For Kane

f*** It, just go for it

Hall-Eichel-Kane
Oloffson-Cozens-Reinhart
Girgenson-Staal-Thompson
Rieder-Eakins-Lazar

Dahlin-Risto
Mccabe-Jokiharu
Miller-montour

Ullmark

Just a silly proposal, would never happen. but who knows maybe he comes here to finish off his career in 3 years

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If buffalo didn't have skinner's dumpster of a contract, I'd trade for Kaner in a heartbeat.

Okposo ( cap )
Jack Quinn ( Blue Chip )
Mittlestadt ( Boom or Bust )
Johnson / Samuelsson ( Both Projected Top 4 Defensive D-men)
2021 1st + 2nd

For Kane

f*** It, just go for it

Hall-Eichel-Kane
Oloffson-Cozens-Reinhart
Girgenson-Staal-Thompson
Rieder-Eakins-Lazar

Dahlin-Risto
Mccabe-Jokiharu
Miller-montour

Ullmark
"f*** It, just go for it!" Lol you're really taking a huge risk trading all that leaky garbage for Patrick Kane
Just go for it! Life's a gamble!

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Price tag for Kane starts at a 1st and a blue chip prospect. If you want the Hawks to retain or eat a bad contract as part of the deal than the price goes up.

As an example:

Buffalo gets Kane

Chicago gets 2021 1st and Cozens, plus (i.e 2022 2nd & 4th).

If Buffalo wants the Hawks to eat Okposo’s contract well that will cost them another first or grade A prospect.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Would love him in Columbus but I don’t think we have assets that Chicago will consider sufficient to trade him.

However, just to try I’d offer
Columbus 1st
Liam Foudy
No retention.

The problem is that even with the current cap space we have I don’t know if we can afford Kane without retention.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Kane for Martin Necas + 2021 1st + Jake Bean or Haydn Fleury + Nino Niederreiter + one of Dzingle/Gardiner

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
With Chicago anounced rebuild mode, are they now ready to trade Kane? I bet, he wouldn't mind to win another cup or two. And I bet, there are a few teams, that wouldn't mind to get him. Say, Columbus - they have enough space for him.
If Kane wants to win the cup now the obvious choice is Buffalo. Ask Hall.

Reactions: easton117

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad