Rumor: Patrick Kane interested in two teams: NYR & TOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
You just have to wonder. Aren't you curious as to the timing or suddenly kanes medical information gets leaked or toews now out mysterious illness?
Disgruntled players in sports have in the past done things that are negative to either force a trade ect.
I guess lowering their value would put chicago in a situation where they don't have leverage and each player gets his ultimate wish/team of choice.
Toews has vocally spoken out so its not hard to see their frustration
I know the have a nmc but if they want out and have a few teams to list but have 1 team they truly prefer that's where I see tanking their values puts chicago in a no win situation to just get something.
Thats absurd. They both sound like they plan to continue their careers. Why would they tank their values and thus their next contracts. They both have a NTC/NMC… all they have to do is say no if they are so inclined.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Except it would render Nylander as the odd man out.

Neither Marner, Nylander, or Kane can play LW - they are 3 RWs.

Nylander would need to be moved down to the 3rd line - but it's not ideal breaking that line up either since it's our shutdown line (Jarnkrok/Kampf/Engvall)

Sounds like a great problem to have, when one of the leafs problem in the playiffs has been depth scoring, doesn’t it?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I predict he stays put, he’s a 10.5 mil caphit and even at max retention that’s still 5.25 mil ….what contending teams have that space…you need a third team, add in the fact he is having a disinterested year, this trade seems almost impossible to get done. Sorry Kane, I don’t think your going anywhere buddy, not this season anyway

The cap is magic, bro. If there is a will, there is always a way it seems

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The cap is magic, bro. If there is a will, there is always a way it seems

The will comes at a cost cause you need others to help you. However, both the Leafs and Canes are two teams to watch out for. Two contenders who actually have cap space with Patch/Muzzin on LTIR. Not many playoff teams can say they have cap space.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
I watched him play last night, did he look terrible out on the ice. I mean bad. He had no hustle, looked slow, and seemed checked out. I'll admit, it the first Hawks game I've seen in a very long time.

Last edited:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
One GM that should be interested is the team that faces the Rangers in the first round. If anything will motivate Kane, it should be facing the team that snubbed him for Tarasenko.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The will comes at a cost cause you need others to help you. However, both the Leafs and Canes are two teams to watch out for. Two contenders who actually have cap space with Patch/Muzzin on LTIR. Not many playoff teams can say they have cap space.
The Leafs are already using most of the cap space gained by placing Muzzin on LTIR.

Carolina has about 10 mil in deadline cap space. The Leafs have about 1 mil.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You do know that it’s only a small portion of that 5.25M, right, as most of the salary has been paid already? It’s definitely doable if CHI is willing to work with them, which they will be. Would come at a cost, though.
Most are talking about "projected deadline space." Nobody cares about the salary here. And the end of the day, you still need the projected space to fit 5.25, not a portion of that.

With that said, there are contending teams that can fit that.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Kane has been playing with absolute scrubs all season.

I'd be frustrated too if I kept making a great pass only to see Tyler Johnson shoot it square into the goalies chest. Panarin and Debrincat would have buried those chances.

It's a miracle that Kane found chemistry with Jason freakin' Dickinson and turned him into an offensive threat for a 10 game stretch.

Kane's hip injury has been over blown but he does look checked out. He has been playing with bottom 6ers all season who can't finish off his passes. I'd be banging my head against the wall too.

Reactions: Sinbad

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
One GM that should be interested is the team that faces the Rangers in the first round. If anything will motivate Kane, it should be facing the team that snubbed him for Tarasenko.
If the opposite happens and he just sulks the entire time, I hope that team gets a refund.

Reactions: UnSandvich

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Its bizarre people watch the same game and see different things. Kane had plenty of chances and the most shots on goal on the hawks (4). Had a couple backchecks that he stayed even with guys at full speed. Was clearly the only guy in white that could hold onto the puck for more then 1 second.

He looks frustrated because hes playing with Tyler Johnson and Jason Dickinson (both cap dumps) and they have lost 36 out of 52 games this year and he lost a step to his game. They got scored on 9 seconds into the game and were the biggest underdogs in the history of the NHL. Everyone would be frustrated.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I watched him play last, did he look terrible out on the ice. I mean bad. He had no hustle, looked slow, and seemed checked out. I'll admit, it the first Hawks game I've seen in a very long time.

Did you see the team around him? I didn't even think the Leafs were at their best but the Black Hawks made them look like an unbeatable Monster.

The building wasn't even full yet when Nylander scored at 9 seconds.

We knew how this was going 9 seconds in, and if you didn't know then, you knew when Murphy scored on his own team.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
i think Kane just gaved up on the Hawks he doesnt feel the need to hustle anymore with the team trying to lose but if he gets traded to a contender im sure he'll step up hes game hes been one of the most talented players in the league for the past decade

Reactions: Sinbad

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
That would most likely be NJD and they are biggest contender for meier maybe if they dont get him they could go for kane

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Based on how he looked last night, I don't think he has any interest in being a Leaf.
If he did, he certainly didn't audition very well.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
You just have to wonder. Aren't you curious as to the timing or suddenly kanes medical information gets leaked or toews now out mysterious illness?
Disgruntled players in sports have in the past done things that are negative to either force a trade ect.
I guess lowering their value would put chicago in a situation where they don't have leverage and each player gets his ultimate wish/team of choice.
Toews has vocally spoken out so its not hard to see their frustration
I know the have a nmc but if they want out and have a few teams to list but have 1 team they truly prefer that's where I see tanking their values puts chicago in a no win situation to just get something.
OMG, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Toews missed a full season from the effects of long haul COVID which has apparently left him with a compromised immune system. The fact that he might take a while longer then the average person to recoer from the flu should not be surprising.

It has been known that Kane has been suffering from a “lower body injury” for a couple of season, it’s not new. Kane is on record as saying it has been overblown. To suggest this information regarding his injury is just being leaked now is an indication you haven’t been paying attention which is understandable if you are not a Hawks fan. It is more likely that out of market media or other teams are blowing it up to be something bigger in an attempt to lower the price of acquisition.

While Kane’s effort can be brought into question at times, a big if not bigger factor behind reduced production is lack of high end teammates to play with. I think what we are seeing this year is extreme frustration with the team trading away players he has had a solid connection with on the ice.

Let me ask a question, if as you suggest they are tanking their own value to ensure they get their destination of choice, what guarantee is there that JT and PK’s destination of choices would still have an interest if they are not playing well and producing?

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Dream scenario. He pulls a Taylor Hall and says Leafs only and they get him for a low cost. LTIR him until the playoffs to rest his hip and go grab some other assets.
None of the above will happen but that’s why I’m a Leafs fan 😜

Reactions: Space umpire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad