Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Have to admit that...

Kane-Matthews-Nylander

Bunting-Tavares-Marner

Would be a pretty slick top 6.
With Nylander, Matthews, Marner, and Tavares they would be really deadly on offense. Not sure the defense will be playoff ready though.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Kane just looks so disinterested in playing hockey. I don't think its the hip thats causing his regression - he just couldn't care less and is floating around.

A trade to a contender could really spark him

Reactions: Sinbad

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Kane just looks so disinterested in playing hockey. I don't think its the hip thats causing his regression - he just couldn't care less and is floating around.

I'm leaning this way too .. doesn't mean I want to trade for him, but I think he's coasting

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Kane is more of a playmaker, someone like that could solve the ‘CANT have Marner play with matthews and Tavares at the same time’ issue toronto has.

Kane with matthews
Marner with tavares

The trigger men and setup men are obvious on both those lines
Except it would render Nylander as the odd man out.

Neither Marner, Nylander, or Kane can play LW - they are 3 RWs.

Nylander would need to be moved down to the 3rd line - but it's not ideal breaking that line up either since it's our shutdown line (Jarnkrok/Kampf/Engvall)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Rough spot for him and Toews. Don’t think they ever thought they would ever be in the position to leave. They’ve now traded panarin and cat two really good line mates for him and let’s face it the hawks f***ing suck out loud. Who knows where his heads at. Young kid at home.

Reactions: Sinbad

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

he's indeed 100% disinterested and knows he's helping his club (the Hawks) anyways by playing like that imo, and it's not like it will affect his trade value much because of the name value alone

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Don’t know what to tell you. Just don’t believe in anything you do about their situations. Is what it is.
I've learned to view and see things more clearly. Look at any events that suddenly happen prior to those events tons of opinions and news stories suddenly flooded the news cycle daily. Now think about what just happened new york makes a deal with st Louis? 2 weeks ago we had this sudden break regarding kanes health with tons of stories constantly being put out then aired , right around the same time any deal would have been being worked on new york suddenly passes on kane due to injury fear . Kane seems passed off from his comments?

Someone leaked medical information and deraiked a kane to new york deal... and who benefits from that tarasanko, st Louis?
Have you noticed how those stories magically stopped now that new york snagged tarasanko?

That's why I said I don't believe in coincidences

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I've learned to view and see things more clearly. Look at any events that suddenly happen prior to those events tons of opinions and news stories suddenly flooded the news cycle daily. Now think about what just happened new york makes a deal with st Louis? 2 weeks ago we had this sudden break regarding kanes health with tons of stories constantly being put out then aired , right around the same time any deal would have been being worked on new york suddenly passes on kane due to injury fear . Kane seems passed off from his comments?

Someone leaked medical information and deraiked a kane to new york deal... and who benefits from that tarasanko, st Louis?
Have you noticed how those stories magically stopped now that new york snagged tarasanko?

That's why I said I don't believe in coincidences
Think your trying to connect things that have nothing to do with it. But you do you and view and see things more clearly then others.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
I don't know how the cap works for the Leafs on this unless he's bounced through a third team to eat some more cap, and the price to make that happen would be gross. I could see Dubas doing it if Matthews specifically asked, but it wouldn't be a trade trying to win this year it would be a move to appease their looming free agent mega star.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Think your trying to connect things that have nothing to do with it. But you do you and view and see things more clearly then others.
I could be completely wrong, but again you can't deny that out of the blue kanes medical information gets leaked and wouldn't you know that's the reason new york suddenly decided to pursue a guy that was never in there plans ? Kanes response said it all...
Again all we have to go on is what has been reported , but it would make sense that kane gave chicago his list and we know he has a list of teams interested. Kyle would have been speaking with new york to lay the ground work for a possible trade just waiting for kanes final decision.

You can't deny how his medical information being leaked at the optimal time hurt that opportunity and benefited tarasanko who wasn't new Yorks top target ..

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I could be completely wrong, but again you can't deny that out of the blue kanes medical information gets leaked and wouldn't you know that's the reason new york suddenly decided to pursue a guy that was never in there plans ? Kanes response said it all...
Again all we have to go on is what has been reported , but it would make sense that kane gave chicago his list and we know he has a list of teams interested. Kyle would have been speaking with new york to lay the ground work for a possible trade just waiting for kanes final decision.

You can't deny how his medical information being leaked at the optimal time hurt that opportunity and benefited tarasanko who wasn't new Yorks top target ..
Listen I can’t tell you what to believe or what not to, for myself I don’t see it. But that’s ok.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Leafs stars historically have struggle scoring when they need to and the series is on the line. Kane was a 90+ player last season. It’s Patrick Kane still, give him those options in the Leafs top 6 and he’d be deadly. No question about it. The guy is a rink rat, he’s probably bored and depressed :laugh: from playing on the Hawks this year, he has no one to play with.

I doubt they can improve their defense enough to make a Cup winning difference but adding Kane their offense would definitely be that good. Seeing Kane in the blue and white would be so cool. Passing to Mathews????

giphy.gif

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Listen I can’t tell you what to believe or what not to, for myself I don’t see it. But that’s ok.
Again I respect your decision. I'm merely pointing out some obvious things that I noticed. But remember being cynical and keeping your mind open to many conclusions isn't a bad thing in fact it's healthy always remember when things occur what prior things to that occurred that influenced it one way or another.

As they say the world is a stage

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Because Kane is one of the most clutch playoff performers in recent memory?
Not to mention his experience would be very helpful for a team that has the ability to make a serious run at a cup. And kane actually playing on a line with serious skill and talent level will only bring out a rejuvenated dangerous kane.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I predict he stays put, he’s a 10.5 mil caphit and even at max retention that’s still 5.25 mil ….what contending teams have that space…you need a third team, add in the fact he is having a disinterested year, this trade seems almost impossible to get done. Sorry Kane, I don’t think your going anywhere buddy, not this season anyway

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I predict he stays put, he’s a 10.5 mil caphit and even at max retention that’s still 5.25 mil ….what contending teams have that space…you need a third team, add in the fact he is having a disinterested year, this trade seems almost impossible to get done. Sorry Kane, I don’t think your going anywhere buddy, not this season anyway
You do know that it’s only a small portion of that 5.25M, right, as most of the salary has been paid already? It’s definitely doable if CHI is willing to work with them, which they will be. Would come at a cost, though.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
You do know that it’s only a small portion of that 5.25M, right, as most of the salary has been paid already? It’s definitely doable if CHI is willing to work with them, which they will be. Would come at a cost, though.
Chicago is likely adamant they want a 1st rd pick, and they won’t get it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Chicago is likely adamant they want a 1st rd pick, and they won’t get it.
Kane, let alone a retained Kane, would be worth a late 1st, and more. The only way he doesn’t is if Kane will only go to one or two teams, which would limit the bidding war.

• Haha
Reactions: leafsfan5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad