Pat Quinn passes away at the age of 71

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I was about 12 years old when I first got into the Leafs and he was the first coach I could remember. I always thought he looked like such a boss standing tall behind the bench chewin' away at his gum. It was so clear that all of the players really respected him. Rest in peace, the game of hockey lost a great individual today.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
RIP Pat Quinn. He'll be known as being the head coach of some of the most successful Leafs teams of this past decade.

Seemed like a great man, and my condolences to his family

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
I was shocked when I heard this. I wasn't really following what he was doing and how his health was. Just shocking news.

RIP Pat!! Sad day.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Surprising and disappointing news this morning, grew up with watching patty coach.... fond memories and getting the chance to talk to him in person as a kid was a memory I'll never forget.

Hockey world and the world in general lost a great one today, condolences to the family and RIP Pat Quinn, hope your lighting up a stogie with Pat Burns as we speak!

exporta

Jul 30, 2005
I was surprised to hear was in the hospital during the HHOF, I figured he'd be ok. Really sad to hear that he lost the battle, anyone know what his ailment was?

Pat was the last great coach this team had, and the last great GM (sorry Burke). We were always competitive when he was at the helm.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Bob Dylan:

Oh come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn
Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn

Fare thee well Pat.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
So sad to hear he's gone, way too soon. But he leaves us with so many great memories. RIP.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
He was the first coach I truly remember watching coach the leafs a ton. My fondest memories of this team is him coaching our team to the conference finals.

RIP Pat you will never be forgotten.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
He was coaching while i fell in love with the leafs as a young fan. I always remember him for the way he would chew his gum behind the bench haha.

R.I.P Pat Quinn

WinB4IDIE

Oct 22, 2007
Ontario
R.I.P Pat Quinn I wish you were never let go by the Leafs, another ex-Leaf died on the same day Murray Oliver November 23, 2014 he died of a heart attack at the age of 77 R.I.P to Mr Oliver as well.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I figure some of you would love to watch it. Really good little clip.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
My favorite leaf coach ever, sad news. He was a tough guy that let his skill players play skill. He was the perfect head coach for Pavel Bure. Babcock would have him playing the trap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad