Pat Quinn passes away at the age of 71

hockeyfanz*

Damn. Saw the thread..had to do a double take.

Mr.Quinn. Thanks for the great years you gave Leafs Nation. One of my favorite coaches/GMs in my many years of watching the Leafs.

Classy guy. Great hockey mind.

R.I.P.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
:(

RIP Pat.

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
As a huge Leaf fan and fellow proud Hamiltonian, this is hard. I loved the big Irishman. A motivator and eloquent speaking yet tough man. His Leafs are the team that got me truly hooked. Some of my best memories of my youth with my now wife were watching his team.

RIP Coach. Thanks for the memories.

CalgaryLeaf*

Pat is my favourite Leafs coach of all time...May The Big Irishman rest in peace.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
RIP Pat Quinn. One of my fav leafs coaches. You will be missed.

Thanks for the playoff memories Pat. Will never forget them.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
When I heard this on the fan this morning I was seriously sad inside and I didn't even know him... Felt a connection with that Maple Leafs team (1999-2004 were some great years)

Rest in Peace

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
When I heard this on the fan this morning I was seriously sad inside and I didn't even know him... Felt a connection with that Maple Leafs team (1999-2004 were some great years)

Rest in Peace

That was numbing to see when I went to the hockey news. It did not say what happened. The leafs were so good under him. He was also the best interview to listen too also. He loved explaining the game.

Quinner was the best. He will always be remembered by me.

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
R.I.P Pat Quinn you were the coach i grew up watching and probably the last good one we had

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
WOW no way ... reading the thread title made my heart sink. This is def a tough pill to swallow. Loved those Leaf teams in the late 90's early 2000's coached by him
My love for the Leafs growing up was when he was the coach of the Leafs ...

mikebel111*

No why? Always loved him, one of my favorite coaches of all time. he was great for hockey Canada and for the Leafs as well. He got so much out of those Leafs teams and will be missed by all of hockey

RIP Pat. you were awesome:cry:

prayers go out to his family. this is an upsetting day:(

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Let's also not forget he was the head coach in 2002 who won the Gold Medal at Salt Lake City giving Canada our first win in 50 years.

A very sad day. RIP.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Wow, this was sudden as there hasn't been much mention of health related issues.

Leafs lunch today will likely have more info today.

RIP. PAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad