Pat Quinn passes away at the age of 71

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
My favourite Pat Quinn memory was when I got to play in a Molson charity game Vancouver Alumni verses CIS alumni in the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver in the early 1990's. Quinn was at that time in his late 40's or early 50's and exec of the Canucks.

Its been over 20 years ago now and this was before Quinn joined the Leafs.

Playing against ex NHLers including Pat Quinn was pretty cool.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Heard the news over lunch. Very unexpected as I didn't realize his health was poor. RIP Pat Quinn. The last great coach the Leafs have had.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
One of the best coaches ever in toronto. Suited this city perfectly.

R.I.P

Great memories and great games. Emotion.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Sad day for Leaf fans.

Burnsie and Quinn, the only two coaches to take the Leafs to the conference finals in recent times - four times, between the two of them - gone within four years of each other, almost to the day.

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Ah man, this one really hit me hard. Pat was the first coach I remember for the Leafs and has definitely been the most successful one in my lifetime. A lot of good memories from the early 2000's with him behind the bench

R.I.P. Pat Quinn

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Sorry for your loss folks. Quinn was a huge part of the early 2000's Leafs/Sens rivalry.

leafstilldeath*

RIP Pat Quinn. Thanks for the memories. My heart felt condolences to family and friends.

Really a sad day.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
RIP to Pat Quinn , such a shame. I remember growing up with his Leafs teams and him being behind the bench

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
news like tis shocking

someone who had a big influence especially wit da leafs
apparently the BEST leaf coach

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
R.I.P legend.

Will miss him. As a kid, I always liked him behind the bench, especially his gum chewing. The gum commercials with him were awesome too.

RyanMac

Jul 20, 2003
The most consistent coach and executive the Leafs have had over the last few decades. Burns had a ferocious couple of seasons -- but Pat was ALWAYS good.

He will be missed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad