Player Discussion Pat Maroon

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm a laundry guy.

Maroon has always been a nasty mean player -- nothing wrong with that.

Besides, if I can love Kenny Linesman in Black and Gold I can do just about anything. I just draw the line at the Matt Cooke's of the world. Outside of that? Be a good person off the ice and I'm good.
^ Thank you.

PS I just did my laundry.

That pick is well worth the possible reward.

The shortest distance between two points: Ask Brad what he thinks of Maroon. I'll go with that.

Reactions: Number8

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I read somewhere that his favorite number was 7.

So I guess 61…….6 + 1 ….was as close as he could get.

Bruins are out of 7's,

Bruins are out of 7's,

1710350886328.png

When Raymond pulled the big reveal, Phil, for once, was speechless.

Bourque accomplished the impossible, later confirming it's one of his fondest memories.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Pat Maroon, No. 7
Did you have a favorite number?
Seven was my favorite number. I've always wore that number, I always had it.
Easy to take when you signed in your hometown?
It was one of those things where it was available and I had it to take. Obviously (No.) 19 was taken by 'Bouw' so seven was available. In Anaheim, it was 62 and 19, so 19 was with me in the minors all the way through so I just figured I'd stick with it.

Did you get to wear either No. 7 or No. 19 when you first got started?
When you're in training camp, they give you a number and I was 62 for two years and changed the last few years. And I was 17 in New Jersey last year. Seventeen was taken here, 19 was taken. So there wasn't too many options after that.

Knew I saw it somewhere.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Glad they taking it slow with Pat. He is not integral to us now, they have the time.
Boston has the best doctors when it comes to disc surgery and the B's have one of the best medical teams in the game. I echo that I am glad they are taking it slow with Pat.

I know he's polarizing here but I do want to see him play at some point but most of all, I want him to have the best quality of life off the ice.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm a laundry guy.

Maroon has always been a nasty mean player -- nothing wrong with that.

Besides, if I can love Kenny Linesman in Black and Gold I can do just about anything. I just draw the line at the Matt Cooke's of the world. Outside of that? Be a good person off the ice and I'm good.
I hope he wins me over....we shall see

Reactions: Number8

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope he wins me over....we shall see
Listen to the interview b/c he talks a lot about how he went to the OHL and how he wasn't professional enough in Philly that he had to make big changes in the AHL to earn another chance. He's a guy you hate on another team but love when he's on your team and a guy you like and respect off the ice.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Listen to the interview b/c he talks a lot about how he went to the OHL and how he wasn't professional enough in Philly that he had to make big changes in the AHL to earn another chance. He's a guy you hate on another team but love when he's on your team and a guy you like and respect off the ice.
We will see.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Maroon has a history of antagonism toward the Florida Panthers, from his days in Tampa. Should the B's meet them in the playoffs again, he'll be a factor. In all likelihood, Maroon on the B's last year could've swung the razor thin difference in that series the other way.

Maroon is also a character guy off the ice. His words in tribute to Jimmy Hayes were deep, and he only played with him briefly.

Plus, he got really emotional scoring with his son in attendance. Some would question how much any of that matters, but the B's room is tight. A malcontent could upset the apple cart, and Maroon is definitely not that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad