Player Discussion Pat Maroon

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What does McAvoy's childhood fandom have to do with Maroon being a first class toolbag in the last Stanley Cup Final the Bruins played in?
I don't care that Maroon did that. He got on our heads and it f***ing worked. If he does that to another team and it helps us, why be mad?

He knows his role. And he does it well. I don't like him. But he's on our team to fill the Looch role.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
The guy agitates, apparently really well too by the looks of it.

I'd much rather someone who gets involved and stirs the pot than the 10 or so guys we have that will grab a jersey but won't look at the person they are grabbing.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Really dumb thing to say. I get it, but you don't say it.

I feel like the sentiment from Bruins fans at this point should be, "Yes, Welcome to Boston Patrick Maroon...now earn it." Similar to how I felt about Hathaway, and Steve Begin

At least that's where I stand

Here's hoping that as a Bruin he becomes as hated by other teams as he was when he played for his other teams. I don't want to see another Garnet Hathaway out there. I want the real Pat Maroon.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I don't care that Maroon did that. He got on our heads and it f***ing worked. If he does that to another team and it helps us, why be mad?

He knows his role. And he does it well. I don't like him. But he's on our team to fill the Looch role.

Oh I've got no ill will towards him, and I hope he does the same to teams the Bruins play. My comments were directed at the head scratching comparison to Charlie McAvoy being a Rangers fan when he was growing up.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
McAvoy grew up a Rangers fan, heck there was even a tweet saying he hated the Bruins growing up. Do we hate him too?
Most of the Bruins players weren’t Bruins fans growing up and sure also hated them ,not sure how this is a good comparison.

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
bugs-bunny-hopeful.gif

Warning: this may not be the last time I do this.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I think he was brought here in a much-needed leadership role as much as anything. He’s a welcome addition to this way too easy to play against team. I hope to see him back next year unless he’s totally done, which I doubt. About 12 years too late but I’m happy he’s now a Bruin.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Seems like a good dude, honestly. Plays with an edge, agitates. I hate that people don’t like this these days.

I agree wholeheartedly. My only point was for whatever reason some may dislike him after what went down in 2019 (or any other interaction between him and the Bruins) it's most certainly not as insignificant as what team he rooted for back when he was wearing feety pajamas.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I get to certain point why people frown against him either it’s the past meets with him or they just simply think that he sucks cause of his skating.

The part I don’t get if you’re gonna knock him which is your right you better recognize he’s way tougher then anyone we got and sure he doesn’t skate like say Lauko whom I like too but somehow Maroon has double the amount of points of Lauko in the same amount of games plus he will enforced the game so less liberties are taking on star players.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The guy agitates, apparently really well too by the looks of it.

I'd much rather someone who gets involved and stirs the pot than the 10 or so guys we have that will grab a jersey but won't look at the person they are grabbing
This is where I’m at.

Hell he might even convince a few of them that turn in to wallpaper whenever tempers flare up to peel themselves off the boards a bit.

There is the old school of thought that guys like him make others grow a few inches. Maybe it works maybe it doesn’t. But it cost nothing to try.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Sweeney wastes another pick on a guy who doesn't want to be a Bruin, just like 3 guys, he traded for last season at the deadline. They were all in it for themselves and their next contract, which they all got this season.

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad