Player Discussion Pat Maroon

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think it’s more than fair to take a wait and see approach. Believe me I have my reservations about who he is now as a player and what he’s able to bring at this stage.

My op was more of I hope people support the guy while he’s here. No need to breed negativity with it. Heck they don’t even lose the 6th round pick if he doesn’t play a game in the playoffs lol.

Give him a chance is all

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ya he didn’t injure anyone on the bruins right? Just chirped the bruins pregame and during the game a few times ?

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
If he can replace what Lucic would have brought that’s all we can ask.

He certainly will not be close to Lucic but if he can skate enough to finish a few heavy hits and have his type of... fight... it is better than what half the roster provide.

Let us hope he is not playing in the playoffs against Toronto if that is the opponent.

Maybe he relishes the new role and actually enforces. I doubt it but time will tell. He is a far inferior player to what Hathaway was expected to be and we saw how that went.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don't care that Maroon did that. He got on our heads and it f***ing worked. If he does that to another team and it helps us, why be mad?

He knows his role. And he does it well. I don't like him. But he's on our team to fill the Looch role.
We might not have liked it at the time, but he won a Cup, and we went home empty handed with broken hearts. Maroon and I don't even know if he will be able to play or not or how effective he will be, but he hopefully addresses a weakness on this team that Sweeney knew was there before the season started and was there all season long......

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I for one am happy they aquired him. Maybe he can rub on some of these marshmallows. Everyone wants aggressive players, now you have one. Stop complaining. He’s our doosh now. Isn’t that what we say about Marchand?
I actually think him being on the 4th line with allow lauko to run wild like he did early in the year. enables pests to pest harder when they have a big bro to protect them (aka lucic at the beginning of the year).

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Really dumb thing to say. I get it, but you don't say it.

I feel like the sentiment from Bruins fans at this point should be, "Yes, Welcome to Boston Patrick Maroon...now earn it." Similar to how I felt about Hathaway, and Steve Begin

At least that's where I stand
If you understand his personality, entirely in character. He's a joker, and a confident fellow. He said it with a smile.

I thought it amusing. No issue for me.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I'm a laundry guy.

Maroon has always been a nasty mean player -- nothing wrong with that.

Besides, if I can love Kenny Linesman in Black and Gold I can do just about anything. I just draw the line at the Matt Cooke's of the world. Outside of that? Be a good person off the ice and I'm good.

tnt410

Nov 23, 2008
Anyone have more detail?

1710349004969.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad