Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
How in the world do you read that and come out of it thinking it makes him look bad

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
How in the world do you read that and come out of it thinking it makes him look bad

I agree. The article makes me feel that Wang and Milbury have some serious personal issues to work through.

So Patty resigned from an unpaid job 8 years ago and was fired from one today. Doesn't make him a bad person.

Puppa2Miller

Oct 4, 2007

You definitely stick to your agenda. If someone posted an article that quoted someone who worked with Pegula and called him "cowardly" you would have 1,000 consecutive posts about it.

Someone works with Patty and calls his actions "cowardly" and you see nothing that makes him look bad.

Karate Johnson*

Pat was not hired to work for three months and then just pick up and leave. Please use your brain.

Look at what a joke this organization looks like now. It was a bad move, your delusional if you think otherwise.

But why does it matter? So we get made fun of on twitter for a few hours until there is a trade.

We're intentionally bad, trying to get the number one pick.

In 2 years when we are actually trying to be good and improve the team Pat coming and going quickly will be long forgotten.

If we draft McDavid next year nobody is going to care that LaFontaine flaked out.

I prefer that it wouldn't have happened, but people are blowing it way out of proportion. Pat was mad he wasn't involved? Maybe that's because he was hired to fill a position that doesn't exist.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You definitely stick to your agenda. If someone posted an article that quoted someone who worked with Pegula and called him "cowardly" you would have 1,000 consecutive posts about it.

Someone works with Patty and calls his actions "cowardly" and you see nothing that makes him look bad.

Can't wait to hear what Millbury has to say on Monday night.. :laugh:

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
But why does it matter? So we get made fun of on twitter for a few hours until there is a trade.

We're intentionally bad, trying to get the number one pick.

In 2 years when we are actually trying to be good and improve the team Pat coming and going quickly will be long forgotten.

If we draft McDavid next year nobody is going to care that LaFontaine flaked out.

I prefer that it wouldn't have happened, but people are blowing it way out of proportion. Pat was mad he wasn't involved? Maybe that's because he was hired to fill a position that doesn't exist.

So you really think it is just people on twitter that make fun of this organization?!?!

Trust me, people throughout the NHL don't think too highly of the Sabres. It is a circus.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

if that person was mike milbury I'd make jokes about him assaulting children

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

We talkin' about Milbury. Not Bob McKenzie, not Kypreos. Milbury. Milbury? Milbury.

I mean come on, the quote was someone's judgement of the information provided in the article. We can make our own judgements, the judgement of Mike Milbury does not overrule that.

Pat LaFontaine was hired for a mostly meaningless advisory role with the Islanders and quit when the general manager was fired a couple months after being hired... in the summer. It was an absolutely absurd bit of management and LaFontaine rightly wanted no part.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
I agree. The article makes me feel that Wang and Milbury have some serious personal issues to work through.

So Patty resigned from an unpaid job 8 years ago and was fired from one today. Doesn't make him a bad person.

So LaFontaine quits a job in 40 days because he doesn't agree with other people in the organization.

Fast forward till now and he quits another team in like 100 days because he doesn't agree with other people in the organization.

I sense something internally wrong here. Sometimes its not the other person, its you.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Mike Milbury called Pat L. cowardly. Do you know who Milbury is? I don't take anything he says seriously.

Here are some of the words that the writer used to define LaFontaine:
-one of the most famous Islanders of all
-best and most popular player
-remains one of their most significant figures.
-"I believe you treat people fairly,"
-LaFontaine declined to respond to Milbury's comments.
- LaFontaine's nonprofit organization, Champions in Courage, which funds the construction of interactive playrooms in children's hospitals.
-raise money for charity
-he has remained a fixture on Long Island
-LaFontaine called Wang twice

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
So LaFontaine quits a job in 40 days because he doesn't agree with other people in the organization.

Fast forward till now and he quits another team in like 100 days because he doesn't agree with other people in the organization.

I sense something internally wrong here. Sometimes its not the other person, its you.

Yes those two incidents over the span of a decade sure prove that!

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007

Hmm, it's possible that, if you're right, the only thing it means is that Pat LaFontaine doesn't really fit in an NHL front office. If that's the case, then maybe he should resign or something

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012

Not staying in a job you don't like or choosing not to work with people you don't agree with is not some internal defect. Staying in that situation however, that is cause for concern.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
When that's your only experience in an NHL front office, your probably are not going to get many other opportunities, hence the reason why there are only 2.

Ok, what about his role with the NHL, who are welcoming him back with open arms?

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Hmm, it's possible that, if you're right, the only thing it means is that Pat LaFontaine doesn't really fit in an NHL front office. If that's the case, then maybe he should resign or something

Tough to fit into any type of management team when you don't respect other people's views and think you are the almighty.

The guy didn't want to be labeled a GM, but wanted the power of a GM.

Doing that allows him to miss all blame, but take all responsibility for success.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Tough to fit into any type of management team when you don't respect other people's views and think you are the almighty.

The guy didn't want to be labeled a GM, but wanted the power of a GM.

Doing that allows him to miss all blame, but take all responsibility for success.

The guy who was promised the power of the GM and had it taken away decided to leave rather than stay in a do nothing position :amazed::amazed::amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland