Pat Lafontaine resigns position with team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Hijacked with announcement of Pat Lafontaine resignation.

@SabresPR
The #Sabres have announced that Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position with the team to resume his previous role with the NHL.
Terry Pegula: “I would like to thank Pat for all he has done for the organization. Pat joined us at a very difficult time and helped transition the organization down a new path. Tim Murray will continue as GM & Craig Patrick will continue as Senior Hockey Advisor.“As has been the case since I bought the team, we’ll continue to do whatever is needed to rebuild the organization & keep it on path towards our ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup.”

LaFontaine: “Terry Pegula hired me in Nov. and my primary objective was to lead the Sabres organization through a time of transition. I'm proud of what we've been able to accomplish in a short period of time and want to thank Terry and Kim Pegula for the opportunity and their support during my time with the Sabres. I also want to convey my best wishes to all of the players in the Sabres organization and to wish them the best of success in the future. Most importantly, I want to convey my heartfelt appreciation to the great fans of the Sabres for the way I have been treated here as a player and as an executive."

--- original post below ---
Per Bobby Mac.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/439851186632417280

What the hell is going on NOW? Ted Black quitting?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Devine gone before the draft? That'd be bold and worrisome, but I suppose Murray's background up until a month or two ago of being in Devine's position for the Sens makes it a bit more possible to pull off.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
If Devine is gone it really wouldn't be a surprise. Murray is going to want his own uy in there and I'm sure after looking through our roster part of the blame for lack of development goes on his shoulders.

JTyler48

Jan 26, 2014
Devine gone before the draft? That'd be bold and worrisome, but I suppose Murray's background up until a month or two ago of being in Devine's position for the Sens makes it a bit more possible to pull off.

Yea but maybe they don't trust him in evaluations anymore. If that's the case, look for them to package picks and move up, or sell off picks for next year.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Joe Battista gave notice to Nolan that Miller and Ott should be kept out of warm ups for a potential deal?

He's a friend of Pegula's formerly from PSU, and he became VP of Hockey-Related Business at beginning of year. Does that encompass player transactions, or the business side of hockey -- ticket sales, merchandise sales, etc ?

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
Someone must of been opposed to the trade and very vocal about it.

Sawyer wanted Buffalo to trade everyone to Pittsburgh for Colby Armstrong. When Murray reminded Sawyer that Armstrong hadn't played in Pittsburgh for five years, Sawyer became livid

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Wow...too much **** happening... I still haven't let the Miller-Ott deal sink in ..now this ...and the Trade Deadline still to happen with rumors on Myers..

hahaha...crazy ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino