Part 4: True North Sports & Entertainment's efforts to acquire an NHL team (Winnipeg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldunclehue

Jun 16, 2010
I see you are relatively new here so I will try not to roast you too bad :)

By rumours do you mean **** you just pulled out of your butt?

There will be NO additional seats. This has been addressed time and time and time again

No one has confirmed any move.

There is absolutely NO way that message ever appeared for so many reasons:
A> TNSE has been very respectful of the process and would not screw that up now.
B> The Jets left in 1996
C> Why would they do that when they have a Moose team that is heading to the playoffs, and out of respect for a league that has been very good for Winnipeg in the NHL's absence.

I think you might be right about the boxes being split but that hasn't happened yet. The press box however has been renovated

- Very close person to this situation on Jetsowner.com says it was only the NHL logo and it was the same logo used during the NHL exhibition games in the years passed in winnipeg. Rumors in this city fly very quickly......If we believed every one of them we would think Bettman has a vacation home in Wpg with the amount of times he's been "spotted" here.

SoCalShark

Apr 1, 2007
The OC
Why Garry is going to wait until April-May to announce it, I will never understand. Maybe it's because the NHL is on the hook for the extra losses this season?

To try and recoup as much as possible in playoff ticket sales. If an announcement is to be made, it will be the day after the Coyotes are eliminated from the playoffs. So that can be from mid-April to the beginning of June depending on the on-ice performance.

WpgChris

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg/Maple Ridge
To try and recoup as much as possible in playoff ticket sales. If an announcement is to be made, it will be the day after the Coyotes are eliminated from the playoffs. So that can be from mid-April to the beginning of June depending on the on-ice performance.

I believe they will announce that the team is leaving before their final regular season game to get people out to the games and try to draw crowds and maximize merch sales as much as possible.

However, I think you're right. I don't think there will be any announcement that Winnipeg will be confirmed as the winning bid until May or so.

SoCalShark

Apr 1, 2007
The OC
I believe they will announce that the team is leaving before their final regular season game to get people out to the games and try to draw crowds and maximize merch sales as much as possible.

I was in Phoenix last year during the Det/PHX series and it was damn near impossible to get a ticket for game 7 for a reasonable price. I really think that the NHL will care more about ticket sales than merch sales. Hopefully for PHX, it will be a repeat of Detroit but with a second round berth this time.

IF there is a relocation, who comes to the Pacific? VAN or Colorado?

AllByDesign

Who's this ABD guy??
Mar 17, 2010
Location, Location!
- Very close person to this situation on Jetsowner.com says it was only the NHL logo and it was the same logo used during the NHL exhibition games in the years passed in winnipeg. Rumors in this city fly very quickly......If we believed every one of them we would think Bettman has a vacation home in Wpg with the amount of times he's been "spotted" here.

That's my fault... I am a spitting image of the guy... My mom always told me I was Irish though..:laugh:

WpgChris

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg/Maple Ridge
I was in Phoenix last year during the Det/PHX series and it was damn near impossible to get a ticket for game 7 for a reasonable price. I really think that the NHL will care more about ticket sales than merch sales. Hopefully for PHX, it will be a repeat of Detroit but with a second round berth this time.

IF there is a relocation, who comes to the Pacific? VAN or Colorado?

I believe the leaked alternate schedule for this year showed Colorado in the Pacific and Winnipeg/Manitoba playing in the Northwest Division.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
You have to account for the Greater Metro area of each City..

For example, San Francisco is only 600K but the metro area is 5 million...

Actually SF is ~805K. San Jose is ~945K. Oakland is ~390K (and decreasing).

The Bay Area metro area (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose CSA) is ~7.5M

TheHMan

Feb 2, 2008
Montreal
That's just some guys design. It even says on his website that it's a fictional team. I also highly doubt any material that was contracted and paid for would end up on his carbonmade site before it was officially unveiled.

The Brain

Mar 9, 2011
Someone post that cool concept with the Esplanade Riel in it

jets_presentation.jpg

Deflectrick

Jul 11, 2007
Winnipeg
That's just some guys design. It even says on his website that it's a fictional team. I also highly doubt any material that was contracted and paid for would end up on his carbonmade site before it was officially unveiled.

Guess we shall wait and see my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad