Part 4: True North Sports & Entertainment's efforts to acquire an NHL team (Winnipeg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
- Stephen Harper should be in attendance, provided that there's no massive crisis to attend to at that point in time.
Parliaments to prorogue, junior ministers to muzzle, whistle blowers and heads of crown corps to fire, etc. etc., :sarcasm:
- Selanne should be present, given that he doesn't play another NHL season... and if he does, he should definitely end it in Wpg.
They should schedule the first game against Anaheim - then Carlyle and Selanne could be their (again if Selanne plays next seasons). Hull, Howerchuck and Tkachuk are also probably obvious selections.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I was just over on Edmonton's site looking at their thread regarding Winnipeg's potential return to the NHL. BAsed on many of the comments, I am disappointed we are not getting more support from our neighbours to the west. :(

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I was just over on Edmonton's site looking at their thread regarding Winnipeg's potential return to the NHL. BAsed on many of the comments, I am disappointed we are not getting more support from our neighbours to the west. :(

I wouldn't worry about it. I spend an awful lot of time there as an Oilers fan and can tell you they are a very cynical lot. They also don't really know how far the market has come or how close we actually are to getting a team.

OvechWhoo

Jan 9, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad