Prospect Info: Part 3: Oskar Lindblom -- round 5 #138 overall 2014 NHL Draft

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lindblom was inconsistent in November, then when JVR came back he sruggled a bit more.
The real problem was both the team was struggling, and neither Hakstol or Gordon could figure out where JVR fit, he was tried with everyone but Couts.

Lindblom - Couts - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Voracek struggled as a line

Other Lindblom lines:
Lindblom - Weal - TK
Lindblom - Varone - Weise
Lindblom - Patrick - TK

JVR - Giroux - TK also struggled
JVR - Weal - Simmonds
JVR - Couts - Giroux

Everyone plays better with Couts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Time for an update:

Game 1-21(Nov 22nd) when he played on the 2nd line: 10 points in 21 games
Game 22 vs NYR is when Weise became the 2nd line winger...hahaha
Game 22-44(Nov 23-Jan 13) on the 4th line never once getting to 15 minutes: 2 points in 23 games
Game 45 against Minny got promoted to 2nd line again and has 13 pts in 18 games playing 15:55 a game.

So 23 points in 39 games when used in a top 9 role. That's a 48 point pace over 82 games. And of course playing with Couts has helped, he was still on a 39 point pace WITHOUT Couts to start the year. Of course 39 point pace wasn't enough for Hak and got demoted.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Time for an update:

Game 1-21(Nov 22nd) when he played on the 2nd line: 10 points in 21 games
Game 22 vs NYR is when Weise became the 2nd line winger...hahaha
Game 22-44(Nov 23-Jan 13) on the 4th line never once getting to 15 minutes: 2 points in 23 games
Game 45 against Minny got promoted to 2nd line again and has 13 pts in 18 games playing 15:55 a game.

So 23 points in 39 games when used in a top 9 role. That's a 48 point pace over 82 games. And of course playing with Couts has helped, he was still on a 39 point pace WITHOUT Couts to start the year. Of course 39 point pace wasn't enough for Hak and got demoted.

I posted a more complete breakdown of his games, points can be misleading, see JVR who scores even when he plays badly.

And the fact he couldn't score without playing with top linemates meant he was being carried like Raffl was on the 1st line, does it not? :sarcasm: We knew that those 20 goals didn't make Raffl a top six player.

Lindblom is playing much better since he was promoted, maybe he did need to get a message about playing with more consistent intensity and raising his game - because Lindblom will always need to play with a high motor to be effective - he lacks the pure skill to glide through games like Voracek.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Craig Forsythe has a breakdown of Lindblom's numbers before and after the demotion.

The Two O’Clock Number: 302

Earlier in the season, Lindblom was put with Nolan Patrick and Jakub Voracek to form a line that played a major role in the Orange and Black grabbing seven of an eight possible points in the aforementioned road trip back in late October and early November. The trio played six more games alongside one another before then head coach Dave Hakstol decided to promote Dale Weise to the top six with Patrick and Voracek while demoting Lindblom to the fourth line with Scott Laughton and Tyrell Goulbourne (this is a real thing that happened, in public, and we let it all happen) for Philly’s Black Friday win against the New York Rangers.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That won't stop young, impressionable posters, like a Striiker for example, from possibly believing the drivel. Some need to hang back and sacrifice their time and effort to show others the truth.

;)
bruh

I spent more than my share of time fighting the good fight against the lies. It's just that I'm in retirement now, so it's other peoples turn.

Reactions: Tripod

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Except he didn't give the numbers before he was demoted, or any advanced metrics.
That's not much of an analysis.
Note that Gordon kept Lindblom on the 4th line for longer, and playing less minutes per game, than Hakstol.
Since Gordon also demoted Weise to the 4th line, then to the bench, it seems other factors were involved.

Dr Pecker

Dec 18, 2018
Except he didn't give the numbers before he was demoted, or any advanced metrics.
That's not much of an analysis.
Note that Gordon kept Lindblom on the 4th line for longer, and playing less minutes per game, than Hakstol.
Since Gordon also demoted Weise to the 4th line, then to the bench, it seems other factors were involved.

So what you are saying is a professional coach joined the team, analyzed the team, moved Weise basically out of the lineup (and off the practice ice) and put the better player back into a position to succeed, which he did similarly to earlier in the season, or am I reading that wrong?

I wonder if we could hire Scott Gordon on these boards to take you from an active poster, to occasional poster, and then have you shipped out for future considerations

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So what you are saying is a professional coach joined the team, analyzed the team, moved Weise basically out of the lineup (and off the practice ice) and put the better player back into a position to succeed, which he did similarly to earlier in the season, or am I reading that wrong?

I wonder if we could hire Scott Gordon on these boards to take you from an active poster, to occasional poster, and then have you shipped out for future considerations

:highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap::highclap:

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You guys would miss me, otherwise it would just be a flock of parrots around here, saying the same thing over and over and over . . .
Except of course for the Cap'n, who'd be the Bird of Paradise.

Reactions: hrocks66 and dats81

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
You guys would miss me, otherwise it would just be a flock of parrots around here, saying the same thing over and over and over . . .
Except of course for the Cap'n, who'd be the Bird of Paradise.

I for one actually value people who challenge my opinion and tend to back their opposite position with numbers.
That's the purpose of such a forum, right?

hrocks66

Nov 22, 2015
I for one actually value people who challenge my opinion and tend to back their opposite position with numbers.
That's the purpose of such a forum, right?

No these forums are for people who feel the need whine and complain about any and everything,
flyers could win the next 5 cups and there would be no change
on a personal note they have made me a much better person, by showing me the kind of man i do not want to be

stop whining and start living,..........feel free to flame away, i'm never growing up and be an anonymous forum tool

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad