The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
From SB nation:

lolhockey_medium.gif

I lose it when Vokun falls flat on his face towards the end. Perfect :laugh:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
:laugh: Giroux loses his stick early on in that crease madness and is just a spectator. That's the silliest thing ive ever seen... until the next flyers/pens game.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Randy Miller's post-game report:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/ar...0066/Penguin-calls-Briere-dirtiest-player-NHL

Asked if he and Briere have a history, Glass said, "Nothing. I've just seen his clips. Played against him in the past. Nothing more than that."

Briere was miffed about the criticism.

"Maybe he's trying to be (former NHL bad boy) Sean Avery wanting to stir the pot," Briere said after a wild Flyers' 6-5 victory over the Penguins. "You know what, at least I'm leaving an impression out there. Has he left an impression?

Glass was involved in an entertaining first-period fight with Wayne Simmonds on Wednesday, but Briere still knows nothing about this journeyman forward who has no points in 17 games this season and 39 points over 279 career NHL games for four teams since 2007-08.

"Honestly, I didn't even know who he was," Briere said of Glass. "It's funny how a guy like that who played about three years in the league thinks he came come in and make comments like that.

"I might have played once against him in Winnipeg. Maybe we have our history in PlayStation. That's probably where he remembers me from. That's about the only place I played against him."

Coming to Briere's defense before the game was one of Glass's teammates: Penguins star defenseman and fellow French Canadian Kris Letang.

"Well, he's a very good friend of mine," Letang said of Briere. "He's never done anything wrong to me. If somebody's got issues with him, it's their problem."

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Most of the Philly goals were crap, but good game anyway. Hope to see you in the playoffs. Surreal, alternate universe hockey, Pennsylvania style. What's not to love?

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I dont think I would recognize Pierre Mcguire without his love of Crosby and the Penguins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
"I might have played once against him in Winnipeg. Maybe we have our history in PlayStation. That's probably where he remembers me from. That's about the only place I played against him."
That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard an athlete say, let alone one that makes millions/year. Generally those guys have the sense of humor of an artichoke.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Holy ****. What a game. Anyone have a number for a good heart doctor? Such a nerve-racking game. We must be up 1-0 in the series because this felt like a playoff game.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is the high point of a game that is 1 part Twilight Zone, 1 part SpongeBob.

That scramble reminds me of my grade school days when we would play floor hockey in gym and it would just be one big mosh pit group chopping at the ball and moving across the floor in unison...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I love the picture on TSN's website below the main headline. Giroux looks like he's squeezing the life out of Voracek, and Voracek has this desperate "OMG bro, ease up, I can't breathe" look on his face. xD

Since I made the comment Giroux would eventually get it going on the National Hockey League talk board, he has like 78 points in 3 games. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad