GDT: Part 2| Game #18| Feb. 20, 2013|Flyers at Penguins |7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Garbage Goal buddying up to the Pens on their GDT saying that there's nothing but negatives to take from a game where we came from 2-0 down to win against one of the best teams in the league.

Well that's just....I don't know what the hell that is

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Garbage Goal buddying up to the Pens on their GDT saying that there's nothing but negatives to take from a game where we came from 2-0 down to win against one of the best teams in the league.

im glad im not the only one who saw that. what a kiss ass . you just lost your fan card buddy.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
jakubvoracekclaudegiroux_4029-430x298.jpg

Giroux

wat r u doin?

Giroux

STAHP

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
It's getting harder every month to say we lost the Richards and Carter trades. And Bryzly Bear (saw that name somewhere and it was hilarious) is actually looking like a legitimate top ten goalie.

If they can get Mezsaros to stay healthy and play how he can (and Hartnell obviously) then they might just have something here. I think Meszaros asserting himself as a reliable puck mover besides Kimmo is really essential to having an effective 6 man d-unit. Gus looks serviceable as a third pairing guy right now, possibly more moving forward. Kimmo is Kimmo.

Kimmo Luke as your first pairing.
Coburn Grossmann can eat up some tough defensive minutes.
Gus and Meszaros as a third pairing that can really move the puck out, probably get a lot of the softer minutes.

Or you could move Grossmann to the third pairing and have a more balanced bottom two pairings.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I think its funny how all the Pens fans are saying how they need to stop stooping to the Flyers level, and stop playing their disgusting game. Yet, in all these games I only see one team losing their mind and taking dumb unnecessary penalties. I think they go wayyyy below our level lol.

ihatebraydenschenn

I think its funny how all the Pens fans are saying how they need to stop stooping to the Flyers level, and stop playing their disgusting game. Yet, in all these games I only see one team losing their mind and taking dumb unnecessary penalties. I think they go wayyyy below our level lol.

Well apparently the Pens need to figure out how to deal with the Flyer's shenanigans..

This team's woes against Philly will continue to occur until they figure out how to deal with their shenanigans.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ

I forget where I read it, but it has been said that wolves lose no sleep over the opinions of sheep. **** em'.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA

Actually, a little more careful reading of the Pens boards would reveal that, actually, not ALL the Pens fans are are saying that at all (it's so easy to generalize and simplify things, I know). Most Pens I know are, actually, stating that the Pens are: 1) inexcusably stupid, again, for so easily getting off theire game, especially when they are very effective when they stick to game plan; 2) garbage officiating generally throughout the game, and 3) Vokoun took a massive dump that game. Other than that, fairly entertaining.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
Did anyone see Fedoruk and Lisa Hillary on CSN discussing the game? There was a weird vibe. It was terrible. It seemed like he said "Hey you're pretty hot" and the segment producer yells "live in 3..2..1.." After such a great win their vibe was so weird. I cant put my finger on it.

ihatebraydenschenn

Actually, a little more careful reading of the Pens boards would reveal that, actually, not ALL the Pens fans are are saying that at all (it's so easy to generalize and simplify things, I know). Most Pens I know are, actually, stating that the Pens are: 1) inexcusably stupid, again, for so easily getting off theire game, especially when they are very effective when they stick to game plan; 2) garbage officiating generally throughout the game, and 3) Vokoun took a massive dump that game. Other than that, fairly entertaining.

Nice, give no credit to the team that actually won.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Nice, give no credit to the team that actually won.

I'm trying to accurately summarize, literally, over a couple thousand comments on the Pens boards and much discussion here locally. So, no, I didn't mention that becuase I haven't heard or read anything about what a great game the Flyers played. I'm not, however, surprized about that, fans generally don't do that after a game like that. I'm guessing, but probably not even Flyers fans.

Looking forward to the 7th!

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Giroux tha Damaja;60154859[B said:
]It's getting harder every month to say we lost the Richards and Carter trades[/B]. And Bryzly Bear (saw that name somewhere and it was hilarious) is actually looking like a legitimate top ten goalie.

If they can get Mezsaros to stay healthy and play how he can (and Hartnell obviously) then they might just have something here. I think Meszaros asserting himself as a reliable puck mover besides Kimmo is really essential to having an effective 6 man d-unit. Gus looks serviceable as a third pairing guy right now, possibly more moving forward. Kimmo is Kimmo.

Kimmo Luke as your first pairing.
Coburn Grossmann can eat up some tough defensive minutes.
Gus and Meszaros as a third pairing that can really move the puck out, probably get a lot of the softer minutes.

Or you could move Grossmann to the third pairing and have a more balanced bottom two pairings.

Dude we won those deals the day they went down. Lets move on why not. Mike and Jeff are doing fine and we have some young talent that will a big part of this club for years to come. Schenn, Simmonds,Voracek,Couturier,Grossman and Cousins in junior. We did allright:) You know what they say about looking back!:sarcasm:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

I hate the Harlem shake ****, but this was funny.

Also I remember when the Harlem shake was popular when I was younger, what made it come back lol

Also probably has been posted already.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ

Well I read through like 6 pages of the +/- thread thing, and that seemed to be the general consensus. The Pens were stupid for being undisciplined and playing "the flyers' game". I apologize though for saying "all", as I was unaware that someone would actually take that at it's literal face value. Also, way to not even mention the team that won the game as being a reason the Pens lost.

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
Well I read through like 6 pages of the +/- thread thing, and that seemed to be the general consensus. The Pens were stupid for being undisciplined and playing "the flyers' game". I apologize though for saying "all", as I was unaware that someone would actually take that at it's literal face value. Also, way to not even mention the team that won the game as being a reason the Pens lost.

Saw multiple people blame the refs. Thought that was the funniest thing ever.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Saw multiple people blame the refs. Thought that was the funniest thing ever.

Another poster agreed with me when I said the biggest missed call came on Crosby last night. It was right before the **** storm that had us send 100 players to the box. We were on the power play and in our own zone, Crosby is forechecking but clearly gets his stick into Brieres midsection. Briere even lost the puck as a result of the hook. They didn't call it, the ref was 10 feet away. I firmly believe it was not called because we were already on the PP, but it was a clear hook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad