Aug 8, 2012
Me too! I had to make this

4dO1JAr.gif

:laugh: :handclap:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I love all this nonsense about gooning it up. When did we goon it up? The biggest mistake after the whistle I think came from Malkin, and he was just pissed that Couts was giving him the business in the corner.. Malkin got frustrated and took a extremely stupid and selfish penalty, but we were gooning it up....

The other activities after a whistle were things you see in every rivalry game I feel.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Well I read through like 6 pages of the +/- thread thing, and that seemed to be the general consensus. The Pens were stupid for being undisciplined and playing "the flyers' game". I apologize though for saying "all", as I was unaware that someone would actually take that at it's literal face value. Also, way to not even mention the team that won the game as being a reason the Pens lost.

In fairness, that rarely happens on these boards too. There is always a large contingent on here finding someone to blame on the Flyers or outside forces other than the other team simply being better.

I think last night's game was just a symptom of the Flyers being able to get in the heads of the Pens. It seems like there are some times when the Pens keep their cool and they tend to beat us when that happens. There are other times when teh Flyers are able to agitate them and they seem to focus more on the rough stuff than the actual game (see: last year's playoffs, last night's game). Either way it was fun to watch. I almost went to sleep after the second period because I was exhausted. Glad I stayed up (although my wife probably didn't appreciate my shouting while she slept in the bed next to me).

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
If anyone wants some great coffee and toast type morning reading material, I recommend the Penguins' Board +/- Thread from the game last night.

It's very informative.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I love all this nonsense about gooning it up. When did we goon it up? The biggest mistake after the whistle I think came from Malkin, and he was just pissed that Couts was giving him the business in the corner.. Malkin got frustrated and took a extremely stupid and selfish penalty, but we were gooning it up....

The other activities after a whistle were things you see in every rivalry game I feel.

It's called physical hockey. Because it's the Flyers/Pens it's gooning it up. The script is written on how to beat them, hit 'em hard and often and they get off their game. LeTang was scared to death to go into the corner with Zac. They're free skaters and don't want to be hit, get in their heads and they lose it. Except for G blowing up Sid in game 6, it amazes me how he avoids all contact.

This season opener was farely tame and we lost.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
The pens heads snap back like bobbleheads whenever people are around, especially neil. Blaming the refs in a game when spent half the 3rd period on the power play and most of that 5 on 3 is ridiculous. I still haven't figured out why harry z got the only call on the first PP.

The whole league knows how dirty the pens are, cooke is just as dirty as ulf and domi ever were and Mario is crying when crosby gets dinged unintentionally. They are so used to being spoiled and cuddled by bettman that they are indignant when anyone doesn't let them do whatever they want. It's like watching a spoiled rich girl reality TV show with them, its sickening, I watched the whole game muted as it was. I would have been perfectly happy if they had went bankrupt and moved to KC.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Well I read through like 6 pages of the +/- thread thing, and that seemed to be the general consensus. The Pens were stupid for being undisciplined and playing "the flyers' game". I apologize though for saying "all", as I was unaware that someone would actually take that at it's literal face value. Also, way to not even mention the team that won the game as being a reason the Pens lost.
It's their new favorite delusion. It's also how 99% of them explain away last year's playoffs, that Fleury (no mention of Bryzgalov of course) had "the worst performance a goalie has ever had".

Credit to the ONE guy I saw over there who said there isn't a goalie alive who could control the madness that happens when these teams meet. It's what I remember thinking during the playoffs (and the 7 or 8 subsequent re-watchings over the summer :D ). That there's a limit to what one guy in pads can do against the chaos of the universe.
The pens heads snap back like bobbleheads whenever people are around, especially neil.
The end of the first was yet another hilarious moment. He did legitimately get tapped by a stick, but he launched his stick about 30-35 feet in the air. The slow motion replay went on for about 10 seconds, and the stick only came back in on the top of the screen at the very end. :laugh:

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Did anyone see what the heck happened when Orpik and Couts collided? all I saw was couts 15 feets away from the play go flying. The kids been nailed in the back of the head with a slapshot, cheapshotted by neil & malkin, then gets run over out the blue last night. He must be one of those people that are not prone to concussions like the rest of us.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
So had to watch the game on adteenet last night, had to use my iphone for radio play-by-play (had the Pens radio broadcasters).

In sum: Pens scored 5 bc of refs who also handily hurt Bryz's Save %...which sucks.

Pens announcers at one point said the Adams' elbow wasn't a penalty and that he was trying to avoid high sticking and the Flyers player collided with Adams' elbow...absurd.

Also, they are "glad" Malkin fought back after being crosschecked three times by Coots.

And finally, Even with a 2 man advantage, the Pens still tried to cheat for a goal (kicking)...and I thought we were the "bad" guys

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Who cares what the Pens fans are saying? 2 points for us and 0 for them. Let them eat cake.

Who cares? evidently a great many posters on this board care. It's normal. BTW, I'm not sure Marie Antoinette is what you're going for, it's not really a historically apt reference.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Did anyone see what the heck happened when Orpik and Couts collided? all I saw was couts 15 feets away from the play go flying. The kids been nailed in the back of the head with a slapshot, cheapshotted by neil & malkin, then gets run over out the blue last night. He must be one of those people that are not prone to concussions like the rest of us.

They're trying to do whatever they can for Baby Huey.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
The whole league knows how dirty the pens are, cooke is just as dirty as ulf and domi ever were and Mario is crying when crosby gets dinged unintentionally. They are so used to being spoiled and cuddled by bettman that they are indignant when anyone doesn't let them do whatever they want. It's like watching a spoiled rich girl reality TV show with them, its sickening, I watched the whole game muted as it was. I would have been perfectly happy if they had went bankrupt and moved to KC.

Not me..this rivarly generates the most entertaining games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad