Player Discussion Parker Wotherspoon (re-signed 1yr $800k)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I won't debate you on that. You very well may be right. My point is that our alternatives aren't that appealing on the left side.

Grizz isn't going to get you anything of trade value in return, for the reasons you just pointed out.
The value would be moving that contract and freeing up some cap space so there is the ability to add a need.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wotherspoon is turning into a good 3rd pair guy and another late bloomer- or maybe finally getting a real opportunity to show what he can do. Either way, I’d send Lohrei back. I love Lohrei and he is going to be a really good D man for us but right now he is still a gong show in his own zone too often. He needs some more seasoning and good habit- building in the AHL. Wotherspoon can do the job and he deserves to stay on the roster.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
I don’t mind Gryz but that weak attempt on the game 7 ot goal is symbolic of his playoff career. Like maybe put the body on the line and lay out to block instead of turning sideways? Marchand's attempt was way worse however and kinda pathetic. Griz's effort around the net right before the goal was pretty bad as well

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I don’t mind Gryz but that weak attempt on the game 7 ot goal is symbolic of his playoff career. Like maybe put the body on the line and lay out to block instead of turning sideways? Marchand's attempt was way worse however and kinda pathetic. Griz's effort around the net right before the goal was pretty bad as well
or his little dance with ullmark in game 5 overtime?
Doesnt matter. Every playoff year since he has been on the team, Gryz has done something stupid.
Ill never forget when he deflected Bertuzzos weak muffin shot by Rask in game 2 of the SC Finals in 2019. All he had to do was let Rask see the shot. Instead he tries this half assed block, and ends up with the perfect tip goal to tie the game at 2.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I miss Miller and McQuaid. Not heavy weights but scary as hell. Quaiders smirk was... edit: McQuaid was a heavyweight.
Looch should’ve been this season but...
I agree.

From what I hear Looch is working out. I have no idea what that means but one can have a bit of hope....

Ya, you’re both right. Not sure why I added that part.
Quaider had that ‘unhinged’ element that must’ve scared the crap outta guys and could hang with anyone.
What I like about Quaider was that he was a decent stay at home d man and an excellent enforcer. I did not see him as dirty at all but watch out if you go after his team.

He was also nice looking!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
For some reason NESN would always list Mcquaid at 197lbs even though he was clearly much bigger.
I think early in his career he was sub 200, but you could tell he was probably 210-215. That said, overall he's a pretty lean guy, obviously strong as hell, though.

I think Wayne Simmonds has always been listed pretty light, too. I remember seeing like 6'2'', 175 for him.

Reactions: Gordoff

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
I think early in his career he was sub 200, but you could tell he was probably 210-215. That said, overall he's a pretty lean guy, obviously strong as hell, though.

I think Wayne Simmonds has always been listed pretty light, too. I remember seeing like 6'2'', 175 for him.
Wayne Simmonds has the skinniest legs I've ever seen on a hockey player.

edit:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad